My review on our Ford Kuga.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Olpk 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #81083 Reply
    lesmond
    Participant

@trev pictures may get flag has spam, I used my own image hosting site that I run..

Sorry I am not very good at writing reviews, but here goes..

So we picked up the Ford Kuga Titanium X Edition manual, 1.5 in Chrome Blue, on the 20th June (Which was also my birthday)

So far we are happy with it, and enough gadgets to shake a stick at, although so of them I am still getting used to! AirCon is very nice with the hot spell we are having right now, and cools the cabin in a few minuets, added to that the sun roof, (or as ford call it a Moon Roof) is a nice feature to have and is all the way to the back seats, but only opens half way, would have thought it would open all the way back.

Seats are comfortable, all leather, I found they are not quite deep enough from front to back for me.

Drivers seat is electric controlled for up/down/forward and back, plus the lumbar support too, passenger is manually controlled, both seats are heated, which I managed to turn on the other day by mistake and got a very hot bum!

Plenty of leg room in the back, I normally find in some cars my knees touch the back of the front seats. although I wont be sitting in the back, its a bit hard to reach the steering wheel 😉

I also like that the doors all open very wide, back and front, makes it a lot easier to get in/out

We both have Iphone’s so the apple car play is useful, but it has to be plugged in to one of the 2 USB ports to use all the feature, like maps and messaging, hands free calling can be used without being plugged in through Bluetooth.

Sync3 infotainment system is good, again I am still getting used to all the controls, I have put a few of our favourite music on a USB stick (about 2000 tracks) which you can play using the voice controls, voice control can also be used for hands free calling. the satnav and radio, maybe some other stuff too.

We have not been any distance yet, (just 70ml) mainly driving around town, shopping and trips to the docs, MPG is not so good only showing we are getting 20mpg, but I think that is due to the low mileage hopefully that will get better!

Boot space is big, but not has big has I thought, I can still get the wife’s mobility scooter is fine, but still, have to dismantle it.

2019. KUGA Titanium X Edition 1.5, petrol, manual in Chrome Blue

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #81085 Reply
    Trev

Great, fantastic review @lesmond thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Photos came up fine, and happy belated birthday wishes to you sir

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#81086 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

lesmond nice looking car, i like the colour.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#81100 Reply
    Carmad
    Participant

Lesmond, nice review.  Hope you enjoy many miles of happy motoring.

#81104 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Enjoy your car Lesmond. I got my car the same day:)

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#81105 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Lessons if it’s as nice a night where you are as it is here I’d be out for a drive.

#81106 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Lesmond not lessons

#81111 Reply
    lesmond
    Participant

Lesmond not lessons

My wife says I need lessons lol

Thanks for the comments.

I also forgot to add, the car is being watched and recorded 24/7 by my security camera..

#81138 Reply
    Keith Prescott

Our car is my wifes motorbility one..just 2 faults…..1.having to carry round a packet in which is the fob to stop the signal being copied..and 2 constantly hitting my head on the boot as when i load her chair in the back the sensors start the boot closing

#81159 Reply
    lesmond
    Participant

I got 2 of these from flee bay for £9 fit nicely in my pocket too

Never had the boot close on me when getting the scooter out

#81192 Reply
    bob macneilage

hi lesmond, I too have same model kuga had it for nearly a year now and with only 6,000 mls on clock I still cant get more than 36 mph with 1.5 tdi engine. I also have same key wallets and they work too. Mileage is my only complaint, everything else about car is good. Hope you and your wife have many happy miles in car and take advantage of this weather to get out and about.

#81195 Reply
    AngelaW
    Participant

Fantastic review!
    Thanks!

#90380 Reply
    john

my new kuga deseil in 4gear at 40 says go to sixth ,    at 50mph in4th you put in 5th loses power ,in 5th at 60 you put i9n 6th starst chugging ,no lights come on anyone else having same problems

#90709 Reply
    Olpk

I’m on 90k miles and nearly 5 years in my Kuga diesel awd titanium x.

First mobility car and it has been a dream to own. We will be really sad to see it go.

Only fault in all that time is the pump went on the washer bottle.

Only gripe is the mpg not being anywhere near the official figures at the time. But that’s more the crap way of testing rather than a fault with the car.

Enjoy

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: My review on our Ford Kuga.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: