My neighbour has a Tesla, hate him 😂

• Creator
    Topic
  • #177408 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

My neighbour has a Tesla, a white one, common as muck lol. I don’t really like him much so haven’t gone to see it. He’s one of those guys if you said you were going to Tenerife he’d say he was going to Elevenerife 😂😂😂😂

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #177414 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

That’s a good one liner! I might steal that one myself in future 😂. One of our neighbours (who I like) took delivery of a brand new Audi Q7 last week. I’d definitely be happy to swap our X1 for that, even though it’s a diesel and black – the most impractical colour for any car! The only thing stopping me from being jealous is that I’d have an X5 over a Q7 😂 Another of our neighbours took delivery of a new Mercedes EQC at the end of last year. I suspect that you would prefer that one!

#177417 Reply
    ajn

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Typical EV driver 😁</p>

#177418 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Seems to me that all of the mad Audi & BMW drivers have jumped into Teslas.

A few drives, lately, on the M6 has shown me this. Leave a gap more than a foot and a Tesla will appear from nowhere to cut you up.
    I’d like one but I don’t think I could commit to the driving regime.
    And the shocking panel gaps would drive my Auto-OCD crazy. 😂

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#177420 Reply
    Volkswin

Elon musk or whatever is Data from Startrek in disguise

#177422 Reply
    Brydo

They really are very common, certainly around where i live, actually a bit sick of seeing them.

#177423 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

GG i would take the Mercedes EQC everytime, however there was a time when I’d have had the  X5 or a Q7 without thinking of any impact on the planet, is ignorance bliss?

#177426 Reply
    Winston
    Participant

You lot quite clearly stay in much better areas than me… ☹️😬😭🤣🤣

One of my neighbours who resembles Onslow from “Keeping Up Appearances” recently rocked up in a Red Convertible……………

Vauxhall Tigra and the pièce de résistance ( had to copy & paste that ) is the alloys that would look more at home on a Low Rider from South Central L.A.   😎👌🏻🚗

For the record I don’t particularly like him either and I definitely won’t be asking him to check it out!

Its all about levels eh ☹️🤣🤷🏻‍♂️

When life hands you melons...,
    Make melonade!

#177427 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

GG i would take the Mercedes EQC everytime, however there was a time when I’d have had the X5 or a Q7 without thinking of any impact on the planet, is ignorance bliss?

I freely admit that just as I don’t choose a car based on mpg, I don’t choose one based on saving the planet either. And given that the manufacture of a car creates as much CO2 as driving it, the fact that you have ordered two new cars in one year suggests that you don’t either 😉

#177429 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ouch 😓

#177431 Reply
    DBtruth
    Participant

I’m a fan of that burn Glos Guy 😂 (sorry Brydo)

To be honest I don’t really envy anyone who has a Tesla. My honest opinion is that they look rubbish, the interior design with one silly tablet is awful, I assume the driver will be one of those round devices that you turn to open doors (mainly because of those Tesla nutters online who think Tesla is the greatest thing the world has ever seen and just shoot everything else down).
    If I won the Euro Millions and let’s say had room for 6 cars in the garage and and other couple on the drive, a Tesla certainly wouldn’t be taking up one of those spaces. Hope that makes you feel better 😂

#177433 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

I can take it DB no need to be sorry 👍

#177434 Reply
    ajn

I’m all for people making decisions in life that suits them within reason..

shouldn’t really matter if someone else likes/dislikes you for it, in fact maybe it’s better off not knowing them at all 🤣…

This for me is MY first ever new car (I know it’s just a lease), would I go out and spend my pennies & go through all the crap ordering, waiting, checking emails for updates….

Possibly not, why because it’s not that important to me…

Maybe if I could walk in and out without the fuss at a time I choose without waiting and fuss, otherwise just transport is good, however now certain things are a must just to get in 😁…

Also nothing worse for me than some random arriving poking their nose in just to satisfy their curiosity, yeah I talk to few & avoid many…

Brydo  choice seems to me a good one, best of both worlds…petrol/electric…

Hopefully you don’t end up with Tesla guy marching over 😆

#177438 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

I don’t understand the Tesla furore? to me they are one of the ugliest cars around but in my defence I still covet the Bentley Arnage and the Mercedes 300 sl  gullwing to me it’s automotive art and I am hoping that the changes coming with EV will spawn a new artistic era of automotive history. That said no Tesla owner need be threatened by my opinion I drive a Vivaro 😂

#177444 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

It seems as though I’m not the only one who doesn’t crave a Tesla! I think that they look as bland as hell. They remind me of Japanese hatchbacks of the 1990’s. Given how expensive they are, it’s incredible how many you see on the roads. I’m not exaggerating when I say that we can’t go 10 minutes from our house without seeing at least 3 of them.

The fact that you see so many of them highlights one of the big issues about EV adoption, that those getting them at present are mostly the wealthy (who probably have an ICE car in the household as well) and company car drivers who are motivated by the current low tax rates. Most of these people probably have a private driveway or garage for most of their charging. These groups are adopting EV’s and PHEV’s at a rate of knots, hence the big percentage growth that’s quoted regularly, however in spite of this they still represent, in total, significantly less than 5% of the cars on our roads at present. A third group (probably much smaller) will be Motability customers who don’t benefit from the tax savings but don’t have to pay the price premium that EV’s currently carry.

Once all these groups are sorted with their EV’s, you are then left with the vast majority of motorists who don’t buy brand new cars and don’t have any facility to charge at home. Millions of these folk drive cars that cost just a few thousand pounds at most (many much less) and how does that work when we only have EV’s? As EV’s get older they will need new batteries which mean that they either get written off way earlier than ICE cars would (as they would be uneconomical to repair) or having had a new battery they won’t be bargains any more! I’m sure that ways will be found around all of this (cheaper replacement battery costs, longer life batteries and batteries that don’t degenerate as much as they age than they do now) but it’s going to be fascinating how it all pans out.

#177446 Reply
    ajn

Enjoyed reading your post GG, I too think the downside of EV’s & zappers stations soon will start showing cracks in its existence and at the moment seems to be getting over looked…

I can understand people grasping at the cheaper motoring(so it seems), even the climate/environment the worry, however something don’t seem so rosy to me yet..

#177450 Reply
    Mike11

A lot round here too I’m not to keen on the looks of them ! Cars look bad too 😁

#177518 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

My neighbour has a Tesla, a white one, common as muck lol. I don’t really like him much so haven’t gone to see it. He’s one of those guys if you said you were going to Tenerife he’d say he was going to Elevenerife 😂😂😂😂

Ugh, sounds like a piece of work 😂. I, like a few others, see at least two Tesla Model 3s a day (in white, of course, and in entry-level trim). A neighbour has taken delivery of a brand new mid-spec-looking Renault Zoe and I’m awaiting for my Mini Electric after cancelling my Jazz order.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#177522 Reply
    Rico

If we are dreaming here a Taycan Turbo S Sport Turismo would be nice and enough 4oom for scooter 😂😂

#177524 Reply
    gilders
    Participant

Perhaps the high Tesla uptake is due to charger network. Otherwise, I’d much prefer something like an Audi Q4.

#177535 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

I was fortunate enough to get a chance to drive my friends big Tesla model x. The thing was huge and very futuristic but, even as a self confessed petrol head the car had no soul. I firmly believe that some vehicles (not just classic cars but planes and steam trains) have a soul. It was great fun to drive & being able to do 0-60mph in under 3 seconds was cool but I couldn’t see myself owning one as the lack of quality control was evident on his 4 week old car with huge panel gaps and a few squeeks.

Current car
    2019 Hyundai Ioniq Premium in black
    New car 2022 Hyundai Kona premium in Jungle green.

#177550 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

You certainly don’t get a Tesla for its looks or build quality.

#177559 Reply
    Simon

@Elliot I’m sure the bhp is up to your standards

#177563 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

Company car drivers…

Spoke to at least 6 sales droids who have replaced their cars over the last year, 2 were given the choice of electric or nothing, 4 had electric as a choice along with their usual indicator-less Audi/BMW models.

All 6 chose Tesla M3. All 6 said it was great that the BiK was buttons saving them thousands, with a small mention of the supercharging network. Only one was unhappy – but he was one of those who didn’t have a choice, he wanted his usual Q5.

Our facilities manager just got a company Tesla M3 (we outsource to Mitie) He’s had A6 estates for as long as I can remember. Last I heard it was not something he was going to do…but, £’s saved swayed him.

He travels regularly between his home in Ayrshire to Aberdeen to work. Has to stop to charge on the way as his Tesla won’t make it. I expressed my shock as they should manage around 180-200 miles at 70. He said he sets off at 95mph till Glasgow, then slows to 78 for the average speed camera areas – tops up in Perth. He will not go below 50-70 miles range – it panics him too much.

My workplace fitted a charger for him – staff are not allowed to use it…grrrr.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#177566 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

And salary sacrifice schemes – anyone I spoke to who has access to these have all said their choices were all electric. Helps the firm justify the whole thing and they can claim brownie points for being green.

Son’s work has electric only choices – Audi, BMW, Tesla and Polestar are his choices. He currently drives a Dacia Duster but will change shortly, hates Teslas – so he has some taste!

#177569 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

There is also method to the Govt BiK madness, by encouraging company car drivers now, they will release floods of used electric cars over the next 8 years to help those unable to afford a new car – sadly the used pricing on Teslas is silly money – although that may change once thousands hit the market in 2024.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
Reply To: My neighbour has a Tesla, hate him 😂
Your information: