My Music I am listening too on my head phones. Heilung. Amplified History

• Creator
    Topic
  • #111848 Reply
    joss

Heilung is my favourite choice of Music to listen too. Especially through My head phones.

It is not for everyone. However, I find it very relaxing. Takes my mind away from life’s issues. Here is the track Norupo. Head phones on. Here’s my play list https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYpyzisv5Ga6HI23F0RhVLDFz7oq2ZGa0

Heilung is sounds from the northern European iron age and Viking period. We used everything from running water, human bones, reconstructed swords and shields up to ancient frame drums and bronze rings in the songs.
    The lyrics contain original texts from rune stones and preserved spear shafts, amulets and other artefacts. Furthermore poems, which either deal with historical events or are translations/ interpretations of the originals.
    Every attempt to link the music to modern political or religious points are pointless, since Heilung tries to connect the listener to the time before Christianity and its political offspring’s raped and burned itself into the northern European mentality.
    Heilung means healing in German and describes the core of the sound. It is supposed to leave the listener eased and relaxed after a sometimes turbulent musical journey.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 8 replies - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #159305 Reply
    Georgie

Instantly me in mind of this: Β https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joD-uyhqFek

Plays at the end of Twister, but this video is, in a way, even better.Β  I find it strangely relaxing, watching and listening to EVH ‘doing his thing’.

But I would NOT want to be driving down a country road and see what’s at 3.11 up ahead of me!

#159313 Reply
    joss

Nice track ajn.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#159316 Reply
    joss

You know one of my favourites of all time is Clanade and the many, many theme tracks they have done for films ranging from The last of the Mohicans to Harry’s Game and many more. Evocative and pulling on your heart stings.

Theme from Harry’s Game https://youtu.be/4zHTcxVjX0I

Clannad – A Celtic Dream https://youtu.be/HWhiNkdgqqg

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#159318 Reply
    Georgie

Clannad were a unique and wonderful group.Β  Who didn’t own a copy of Macalla?Β  Bono’s deeply moving vocals on In a Lifetime.Β  Plus –Β Robin of Sherwood.Β  Think I was just a bit too young for Harry’s Game, but was an avid fan of RoS.

#159319 Reply
    ajn

Wow loved the vids, I had to watch Georgies twice once for the vid, would love to be parked up watching that, twice to listen to the music…

Joss enjoyed both vids great voices, lyrics and the vids superb. πŸ‘

🌻

#159329 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Clannad did some really original, creative stuff. Loved their music for Robin of Sherwood. Really caught the Celtic pre-Christian edge to the whole “Green Man” theme underlying everything.

#159377 Reply
    ajn

Wow what a coincidence the Clannad song just popped up on the daily playlist on Spotify via our blue tooth speaker thing..
    Thoughts drifted off to the video posted.

#159383 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Robin Gibb I started a joke one of the best songs ever made

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

Viewing 8 replies - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)
Reply To: My Music I am listening too on my head phones. Heilung. Amplified History
Your information: