My Music I am listening too on my head phones. Heilung. Amplified History

• Creator
    Topic
  • #111848 Reply
    joss

Heilung is my favourite choice of Music to listen too. Especially through My head phones.

It is not for everyone. However, I find it very relaxing. Takes my mind away from life’s issues. Here is the track Norupo. Head phones on. Here’s my play list https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYpyzisv5Ga6HI23F0RhVLDFz7oq2ZGa0

Heilung is sounds from the northern European iron age and Viking period. We used everything from running water, human bones, reconstructed swords and shields up to ancient frame drums and bronze rings in the songs.
    The lyrics contain original texts from rune stones and preserved spear shafts, amulets and other artefacts. Furthermore poems, which either deal with historical events or are translations/ interpretations of the originals.
    Every attempt to link the music to modern political or religious points are pointless, since Heilung tries to connect the listener to the time before Christianity and its political offspring’s raped and burned itself into the northern European mentality.
    Heilung means healing in German and describes the core of the sound. It is supposed to leave the listener eased and relaxed after a sometimes turbulent musical journey.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #148707 Reply
    ajn

Agreed Thatg, it just an example to hear such a great voice of which we understand.

I love the any music like that, even if I can’t understand the words, sends me to sleep..

Great topic by the way @Joss.

🌻

#148709 Reply
    joss

@ajn Thanks. I love my music very much. I have over 600gb stored on my pc. All a very eclectic mix.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#148710 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

It is the voices which really make the Skald stuff work. Okay, the primitive instruments are great, particularly those drums, but the chap who does the deep growling stuff adds a whole new dimension to the music. I believe it is called “throat singing” or something similar. Very popular in Mongolia so I’m told. 🎢

#152353 Reply
    ajn

🦴🎀🎹🎧πŸͺ•πŸŽ»πŸ¦΄πŸ¦΄πŸ»πŸŽ€πŸ—Ώβ›“βš”οΈπŸ›ŽπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΌπŸ“€πŸ’ΏπŸ¦΄πŸ¦΄πŸ¦΄β›“πŸŽ§πŸͺ•βš”οΈπŸ¦ΉπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ§™πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘°β€β™€οΈπŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈπŸ§Ÿβ€β™‚οΈπŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ¦½πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ¦ΌπŸ’ƒπŸ»

Right how about we make a Β band πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸŽΆπŸŽΌπŸŽ€πŸŽ΅πŸ¦ΉπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ§Ÿβ€β™‚οΈπŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ¦½πŸ¦΄πŸ’ΏπŸŽΆ

#153295 Reply
    ajn

Oh well, invitations now closed due to the over whelming responseπŸ˜‚..

Sorry to anyone who missed out on a life changing opportunity..🎼🎀πŸͺ•πŸ§™πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸ¦ΉπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ¦΄πŸ§Ÿβ€β™€οΈπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ¦ΌπŸŽ§β›“πŸͺ•..

#153296 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Sorry, ajn. Totally missed the band idea. Couldn’t really do the band thing. Completely unable to play any musical instrument. Did have a voice once but it’s crumbled into a sort of croaky blues thing. 🎢

#153299 Reply
    ajn

<p style=”text-align: left;”>You could do a bit of growling and bone bashing maybe ThargπŸ¦΄πŸŽ€πŸ¦ΉπŸ»β€β™‚οΈ,</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I was going for the wandering around the stage shouting and bawlingΒ in between any silence in singing swinging the incense burning thing.</p>
    πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£..

To late now might go looking into getting my fishing licence & stuff together instead..

#158883 Reply
    Georgie

Dragging this Tread back into the daylight again, I’ve just discovered this, and . . . WOW!

For full effect – Play LOUD.

πŸ˜€

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ponTbDDMYjw

#158884 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Oh, yes! Certainly rocks along, don’t it. But… why two drummers? And what about the instruments? What is the girl playing? Why has that guitar got such a long neck? Will listen to it properly on ear-thingeys when preparing dinner, later.

#158889 Reply
    struth
    Participant

#158894 Reply
    Georgie

Wagakki Band – ‘Wagakki’ is the collective term for traditional Japanese musical instruments.

The blond drummer plays ‘western’ drum kit; the dark haired drummer plays ‘wagakki’ drums and other percussion instruments.

No idea why the bass guitar has such a long neck.Β  Maybe it’s just a 24 fret bass?Β  I haven’t counted.

The big zither is called a ‘koto’ – apparently it’s the national instrument of Japan.Β  Usually 13 or 17 strings, the one he’s playing seems to have at least 20 strings – that’s RockΒ  Roll, baby!

The woman is playing a ‘sanshin’ – a 3 stringed ‘banjo’ style instrument where the ‘drum’ was, traditionally, made from the skin of a Burmese python and the strings were, traditionally, made from silk.Β  Why she plays it with a plasterers comb scratcher I have no idea, other than it looks cool.Β  Again with the ‘Rock and Roll’ thing. πŸ™‚

I think the big recorder is a ‘shakuhachi’ – a bamboo flute with four holes at the front and one at the back for the thumb to cover, or not, to double the ‘range’ to 2 octaves.

Oh, and the vocals are ‘shigin’ – a performance of Japanese poetry, normally chanted but in this case, sung.

It’s original and I rather like it.

Pretentious?Β  Watashi?

#158920 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Thanks for that, Georgie. Interesting to hear traditional Japanese instruments in a new medium. Actually listen to quite a bit of Japanese more traditional music – Yamato Ensemble, Taiko Drums and the like. So wonderfully different. Particularly the drums. Just about to start dinner (Nicoise salad with ham and stuff) so will stick in ear things and blow brains apart.

#158922 Reply
    Georgie

And why not?Β  Brains are over-rated.

#158947 Reply
    ajn

There’s a lot going on, guess stuff I haven’t taken into consideration such as python skin things, preferred listening to it rather than watching it, the flute guy saved it for me, and she got a good voice too..

The crowd loved it too, so thanks for the vid.πŸ‘

#159158 Reply
    ajn

I thought this post would go on for 60 pages plus, seems not atm..

#159159 Reply
    ajn

Love watching the vids of different music tastes, don’t know how to get them on here though..

#159161 Reply
    joss

You mean youtube videos @ajn?

Right click in the video and select copy video url. post here simples

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#159223 Reply
    Georgie

‘Ear worm’ of the day (in the musical sense, not the Wrath of Khan sense) – Kissed by a Rose by Seal.Β  Heard it last night and it’s been gong around in my head ever since.Β  The melody really is beautiful.Β  He might as well be singing his shopping list for all the sense the lyrics make, but the melody is . . .

#159230 Reply
    Georgie

Correction – It’s Kiss from a rose by Seal.Β  As I said, the lyrics are immaterial.

I’ve been kissed on the nose by a seal . . . Ahhhhh . . . . ‘ve been kissed on the nose by a seal . . . .Β 

#159234 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Sounds like he was having a whale of a time! 🐳

#159236 Reply
    joss

Lyrics:

There used to be a graying tower alone on the sea.

You became the light on the dark side of me.

Love remained a drug that’s the high and not the pill.

But did you know,

That when it snows,

My eyes become large and

The light that you shine can be seen.

Baby,

I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray.

Ooh,

The more I get of you,

The stranger it feels, yeah.

And now that your rose is in bloom.

A light hits the gloom on the gray.

There is so much a man can tell you,

So much he can say.

You remain,

My power, my pleasure, my pain, baby

To me you’re like a growing addiction that I can’t deny.

Won’t you tell me is that healthy, baby?

But did you know,

That when it snows,

My eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen.

Baby,

Ooh, the more I get of you

The stranger it feels, yeah

Now that your rose is in bloom.

A light hits the gloom on the gray,

I’ve been kissed by a rose on the gray,

I’ve been kissed by a rose

I’ve been kissed by a rose on the gray,

…And if I should fall along the way

I’ve been kissed by a rose

…been kissed by a rose on the gray.

There is so much a man can tell you,

So much he can say.

You remain

My power, my pleasure, my pain.

To me you’re like a growing addiction that I can’t deny, yeah

Won’t you tell me is that healthy, baby.

But did you know,

That when it snows,

My eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen.

Baby,

Now that your rose is in bloom,

Yes I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray

And now that your rose is in bloom

A light hits the gloom on the gray

Now that your rose is in bloom,

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#159242 Reply
    ajn

Yes I for one readΒ it all, flitting from reading to imaginary singing it too.

😁🎼🎼🌹 nice to have the happy posts here too..

#159264 Reply
    Georgie

I’d been mishearing it as Kissed by a rose on the grave, which gave some very different mental imagery regarding funerals and wreaths.Β  And tying together the line My eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen with Batman Forever.

#159269 Reply
    Georgie

So, I’ve taken a couple of cocodamol because I stood for too long building the lasagne, and cocodamol does odd things to my noodle at the best of times.Β  Thought a quick perusal of the Archaeology magazine would be safe, but no.

Study Analyses Imprints of Fabrics on Bronze Age Seals

HEIDELBERG, GERMANYβ€”Science in Poland reports that Agata Ulanowska of Warsaw University examined a University of Heidelberg collection of casts and imprints of the bottoms of thousands of Bronze Age seals . . .

I’m going to have a bit of a lay down now.

#159271 Reply
    ajn

1st vid post attempt 😳, love the guitar Β  sound … if this works well done and thanks Joss, if not we’ll, guess I didn’t listen to well..🀣

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 68 total)
Reply To: My Music I am listening too on my head phones. Heilung. Amplified History
Your information: