My first Motability car

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I collected my new car today, and I can’t begin to tell you what a relief it is to have this vehicle. The last car I bought was terribly unreliable and cost me a small fortune to keep it on the road, so driving my new Seat Ateca off the dealer’s forecourt was a real buzz.

I’d had to sell my trusty Skoda Octavia as I could no longer manage a manual car, but the best auto I could afford was pretty elderly and cost me more than £1,500 to keep it going in the six months that I had it. Knowing that this motability car is covered for breakdowns, servicing, tyres, etc is an enormous weight off my mind, and I can drive without worrying sick about something else going wrong and stranding me int he middle of nowhere.

Plus, the car is a delight to drive and so comfortable. The higher driving position of the SUV body is perfect for getting in and out  and the reversing camera/blindspot detection/etc helps with my poor neck mobility. The dealer was so good from day one, and took loads of time this morning, making sure I knew how everything worked and that I was happy with the car.

On cloud 9.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      JS
      Participant

Well done Kerry. Peace of mind is priceless. ENJOY, and we look forward to updates and thoughts on the vehicle. Thanks for sharing.

Participant

Looks lovely Kerry

joss

Pleased to hear all went well and that you are delighted with the new car Kerry. Enjoy.

Joss
            Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

As JS rightly points out, you simply cannot put a price on peace of mind!

congrats on the new car! It’s a lovely colour and looks the berries!

happy and safe driving ✋?

callmejohn

Perfect, Kerry, as you and everyone else has said, it is not only a beautiful brand new car you have picked up, it is the relief of the piece of mind that you get from a Motability car that really counts, disability is hard enough for us, without the extra hassle that comes with it.

My PA’s sister has a Motability Seat Ateca for her son and loves it.

Enjoy and have fun.

crippleddad
                Participant

Fantastic, great to hear how a working and reliable car is enabling you!

Anonymous

Still on Cloud 9! I keep on discovering little extra luxuries I hadn’t expected. Because of my disability, I opted for the XLux model, to get the heated seats, but this has also delivered some incredible new tech that constantly delights me.

For example, the adaptive cruise control: I set it at 45mph this morning and sat back to relax. The car slowed and accelerated to keep me a safe distance from the vehicle in front, including handling bumper-to-bumper traffic queues. It also nudges itself back into the correct lane if you allow it to wander (I did it to test the option, not out of lack of steering control). It drove me safely around a mild bend on a fairly major rural single carriageway road, but gave me slightly indignant reminder to steer manually after a minute or so!

And the automatic boot, not to mention the Virtual Pedal, which allows you to open the boot when your hands are full by waving your foot under the back of the car. Brilliant when you have a crutch in one hand and a bag of shopping in the other.

I read elsewhere on the forum that people are generally unhappy with Seat, but I have to report the opposite. The dealer has been great, Seat customer services responded helpfully to a query about delivery times, and the car itself is a joy in every way. My husband has had a Seat Ibiza for a number of years, and that has also been reliable and excellent in every way. This is my first Seat (after a variety of makes, mostly VW and Skoda in recent years), but so far so brilliant.

Participant

Kerry how much was the advance payment ?

ChrisK
                      Participant

I had a 1.6 TDi Seat Leon on Motability on a 61 plate and never had any problems with it and nice enough to drive but the curving hatch door made it difficult to get my pavement scooter into the boot even when broken down into 5 pieces.

Came reordering day the Ateca was high on my list but the DSG model went through the roof AP wise on my order date so knocked that one in the head but overall I liked the Seat’s but they just don’t like me. ?

Karl

i’ve had an ateca se 1.4 tsi dsg for 2 years 7 months i’ve covered just short of 22k miles including 3 trips down to benidorm and back it has never let me down , thinking of upgrading to it’s big brother the seat taracco in march next year

Anonymous

Kerry how much was the advance payment ?

Mine was £1,999, but I see on the Motability site that it has gone up to £2,299 now. this is for the 2.0Tdi DSG 4 Drive (150) Xcellence Lux, btw.

To me, worth every penny!

Participant

Karl we love Benidorm going for Christmas again

SaintsMan

Lovely car Kerry, I drive past one every day, same colour and also owned by a disabled driver.

Great to see someone else drive to Spain Karl, people look at me as if I’m mad when I tell them I’m driving to Spain/Croatia/Italy or wherever.

I always said when I joined the scheme that I would take a road trip or 2 across some places in europe to take in countryside and scenic views

5 years later I still day dream about it lol

i will one day though ?

Participant

Looks like you made a great choice Kerry. The peace of mind is one great part of getting a vehicle on the scheme. The Ateca looks like a very nice car, and by the sounds of it, a good bargain for you. Enjoy, and I wish you many happy miles together.

22 reg Hyundai i20 Ultimate bi tone white with black roof

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.