My blue badge expired 3 weeks ago !

• Creator
    Topic
  • #121484 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Happened to look at my blue badge yesterday and it expired 3 weeks ago ! My local Leicestershire county council Glenfield Leicester where I have always got it from in person looks like not doing face to face applications ! Will have to do online do I need photo passportphoto bill photo etc and pay £10 with my credit card ? As I get higher rate motability allowance doi still have to fill full form out? Thankyou for your help never renewed online before

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #121486 Reply
    Matt B

Hi Mike.

Assuming the online form is the same nationally, yes you will need to upload a recent photo for the back of your new badge. You will also need to pay your £10 online.

You will definitely need to fill out the form. Tick the box confirming you are in receipt of higher rate and also tick the box giving permission for them to share your information with other agencies. This will enable your council to check your award with DWP without you needing to mess about scanning in award letters.

Hope this helps, good luck!

#121488 Reply
    Gordon

Hi Mike, strangely the fee varies depending on where you live. It’s £20 where I am. It really should be a flat fee regardless of authority. Matt B is quite right, if you share the information it’s much easier than messing around with letters.

#121489 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Oops! Menorca Mike

Each local authority has its own way of doing the Blue Badge. As such, it would be best to give then a call, especially with Covide and face to face. They may well have stopped face to face encounters.

https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/roads-and-travel/cars-and-parking/blue-badge-parking-scheme

https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/popular-now/affected-council-services

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by joss. Reason: added link

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#121491 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Will phone them 9am in morning Joss

#121492 Reply
    Menorca Mike

It was free for years but then the abuse started with people making them etc

#121497 Reply
    simpleman

I renewed mine online a few weeks ago. I live in Wales where the badge is free. The online form is very easy. They will need you to upload proof of your entitlement  together with a face picture of yourself.  when you send the form off you get an email from the government  website.  It took me around 5 minuets.  I now have my new badge  Good Luck

#121498 Reply
    Menorca Mike

The office is only 4 miles away been there for years same lady at desk will phone to see if open if not will do online Thankyou for your help

#121499 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I’ve renewed my BB four times now, three times via local council and once with the on line form that comes back to local council anyway but I’ve never ever had a face to face.

Thought the F2F were for folk who find it hard to get about but don’t qualify for high rate PIP.

Can’t remember if I paid the £10 on my first badge but certainly did after and since Cameron and his hunch men came to power.

#121500 Reply
    Menorca Mike

<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”><b>Would this photo be ok ?</b></span>

#121502 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Mike, I thought Christmas was cancelled this year.😁

#121506 Reply
    Menorca Mike

😀😀😀

#121525 Reply
    Markymate

I’m sure this’ll do, hiding the wine glasses is a good idea!!

#121526 Reply
    joss
    Participant

No smiling allowed. 😒🚫❗

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#121527 Reply
    Menorca Mike

#121528 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Will this do ?

#121540 Reply
    JS

No smiling allowed. 😒🚫❗

is that a smile? lol Mike you are a WMC legend but im not sure even you will get away with that one.

#121544 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Thankyou for your replies

#121545 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Wonder how long will have to wait in the current climate for my new badge in the post ?

#121556 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

There are plenty of apps available on both the play/app store that do very good ID photos (have used for D/L, Passport etc) and while they’re mostly free to try the paid versions (I paid £3.49) do everything and you end up with a digital photo you can upload for any application.

Like the smiley ones tho 😁

#121574 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Done this morning very easy thankyou all for your help

#121575 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Online with my local council

#121595 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Glad to hear, mine is due in November, did it give you any timescales for delivery?

#121598 Reply
    Menorca Mike

No none at all

#121664 Reply
    martino
    Participant

made me think i don’t know when my badge is up think its very soon i better have a look in case its up , i thought the council sent a reminder

#121665 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I never know when to send in my application because when I check online I often see noticed like “BB are taking 6 to 7 weeks to process” so I post of the form 6 or 7 weeks early then I get nervous they never got the form nearer the expiry date.

I send an email to them about one week before expiry asking if everything is in hand and I get a reply saying the badge has just been sent to the printer and will be with me in the next 3 or 4 days.

I never know if my follow up email prompts them to get the badge out or if it would still come if I didn’t do the follow up.

Would be great if they had some sort of confirmation of receiving the application but I think its beyond the competence of government office to do that.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
Reply To: My blue badge expired 3 weeks ago !
Your information: