My 2021 Citroën C4 1.2 155 EAT8 Shine Plus

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

Well she 2 years old today, turned 10,000 miles on my way back from Somerset on Thursday.

it’s booked in for its service on Tuesday.

So how has the 2 years been? It’s been great hasn’t missed a beat and it’s the best car I’ve ever had, so comfortable it eats the miles up.

Fuel consumption well I’ve had 70mpg out of it on a couple of occasions. The power well let’s to just Ive left some boy racers stared face when I’ve pulled away and left them for dust lol.

I have done Slideshows of each year I’ve had the car been to some stunning places

First Year

https://youtu.be/4ae1nNmTG-w

Second Year

https://youtu.be/YJ104bz1viw

I will definitely be extending my lease next year to 5 years.

Nice evening down on Blue Anchor, Somerset

Current Car Citroën C4 1.2 155 EAT8 Shine Plus

Citroën Fanatic.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Glad you’re still enjoying it Lee. They’re definitely a comfortable ride. 10k in two years? Done just over 2k and coming up for two months😉

Participant

Oh yeah I love it. I do a lot of long runs in it but the first month I had it I was laid up for 3 weeks as I had eye surgery.

Winter months I don’t really go far like.

Miles I’ve put on the cars over the years

2005 C3 1.6 Exclusive SensoDrive in 3 years I put 22,000 on it

2008 C2 1.6 VTR SensoDrive 14,400

2011 C3 1.6i Exclusive Auto 7,900

2014 C3 Picasso 1.6 Exclusive EGS6 in 4 years and 11 months 24.050

2019 C4 Cactus 1.2 Flair EAT6 in 2 years and 2 months I put 10,500 miles on it.

I took the miniature with me to Blue Anchor as well lol

Citroën Fanatic.

Jono
          Participant

Had my C4 shine plus 155 a month now and love it. Does your C4 have three colour choices for the display, red, blue and brown?  Mine has only blue and brown but the test car had all three colours.

Participant

Yeah it does but I know someone who had one last year a 2022 22 plate and theirs only got the 2 options like yours.

Service went well nothing to report back they replaced my wipers for me as they started to smudge but not bad going as the ones changed were the originals from new.

Citroën Fanatic.

Jono
              Participant

Have you seen what the best car to own is in 2023 according to Auto Express. Telling us what we already know.

Participant

Someone did post it on the group I set up on Facebook.

It is a lovely car mind. Shame they dropped the 155 engine I got but emissions rules put an end to that.

the Sales manager at my Citroen Dealer he was driving a C5 Aircross 1.6 180 EAT8 when I ordered my C4 and he had a customer have a 155 that week and he said that the C4 155 was better in his opinion.

Citroën Fanatic.

Participant

I’ve extended my lease for 2 years on the old girl. All simple done through the online account. Even the insurance documents were updated within minutes.

I nearly went to order a C5 Aircross 1.5BlueHDi EAT8 Max but my mam is poorly at the moment been sent home from hospital where she shouldn’t have been so my heart not really in it plus I do like this car. The 1.2 155 pulls really well and I got the power when needed plus it’s been economical. I’ve only put 12,500 miles on it.

Plates are different since early photos as I have a private plate in my late brothers memory on it since last October.

Citroën Fanatic.

kezo
                    Participant

If it runs well and your still happy, why bother paying money out on a newer one

Participant

I’ve extended my lease for 2 years on the old girl. All simple done through the online account. Even the insurance documents were updated within minutes. I nearly went to order a C5 Aircross 1.5BlueHDi EAT8 Max but my mam is poorly at the moment been sent home from hospital where she shouldn’t have been so my heart not really in it plus I do like this car. The 1.2 155 pulls really well and I got the power when needed plus it’s been economical. I’ve only put 12,500 miles on it. Plates are different since early photos as I have a private plate in my late brothers memory on it since last October.

hope your mum improves a bit mate. nice comfy cars the citreon

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                        Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

des
                        Participant

This is something I find strange on my behalf. Interior and comfort are top priority for me. Citroen has both and I like the recent Citroen cars a lot, but I’ve never considered having one.

Participant

Thank you struth. Been a bit of a shambles with the hospital and the ambulance service but that’s another story. Appreciate the kind comment.

as for the car some know I am a Citroen nut but I do know they not perfect but this car been the best I’ve ever had. This is my 6th car all been Citroens of course I’ll always have a soft spot for my first car but Citroen has really upped their game the last few years.

My late brother 2 months before he passed away back in 2013 was on his 7th car alao Motability car that was a C4 1.6eHDi 115 Exclusive EGS6 which was a nice car even though o my got to drive it for 2 months but this C4 I got now I think he would have loved it. It’s come a long way. Drives lovely the EAT8 box so smooth. The 155 gives a great punch of power when you need it. Shame the 155 is no more due to emissions getting stricter.

Now according to figures the 1.2 136 Self Charging Hybrid 6 speed dual clutch automatic that is going on the C4 from this month is suppose to be just as quick. AP hasn’t been released yet though but still even if it’s still the same as the 1.2 130 EAT8 Max it costs more than what I paid for this 155 in 2021.

Spec Wise between the Max and my Shine Plus

Gains

Heated Steering Wheel as standard on the Auto (I use a steering ball anyway so not really a again for me)

The Touchscreen Software like in the C5 X which consists of wireless CarPlay and Android Auto, other the air updates to the Sat Nav and Firmeware, better graphics and a Shark Fin Aerial

Loses

well obviously the 155 lol

Leather Interior. Can’t even get it as an Option on the Max only on the fuel electric ë-series model

Highway Assist

Wireless Phone Charger

Subwoofer

and one little thing I don’t like Citroen for they no longer wrap the front A Pillars anymore only if you pay £300 for a black roof. I’m my option I think it makes the car that bit nicer but that just my preference some may like it all coloured.

some of that kit my 155 has is standard on the ë-series fully electric which in Nil AP at the moment which is a great deal for someone who wants to go fully electric.

Did I say I was a Citroën Nut lol

looking forward to the nice weather again to go down Somerset hopefully North Devon as well. Obviously lucky to have Brecon Beacons on my door step too. Hope my mam will be well enough to come out with me. Sad seeing her looking frail I live with her so seeing the difference in her is upsetting but hope she improves soon.

Citroën Fanatic.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.