Merc GLA

• Creator
    Topic
  • #64960 Reply
    Roadwarrior
    Participant

Hi Folks

Anyone give us feed back on any GLA model please.

Been on extended Test drive.  Short list: 3008, GLA, BMW X1

Our Juke is up for renewal December.

Thanks

Nick

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #65744 Reply
    Oracle
    Participant

The GLA is a terrific model, very well made and has a nice premium look/feel to it. It is a little small for the class of vehicle that it sits in, essentially being an (old) A-Class in a bigger package – hence the title, GLA.

So, I would definitely say if size is important, then the BMW X1 is more or a practical car. I can’t speak for the Peugeot 3008, although they are very popular and appear to be quite nice. A nice middle-ground is also the Audi Q2, which would recommend looking at.

One thing to bear in mind is that the Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class 1.6 GLA 180 Urban Edition is available now at nil Advance Payment, which is an absolute bargain, especially if you qualify for the £500 good condition bonus for your Nissan Juke.

Good luck with your search – do let us know how you get on and what you choose!

#65788 Reply
    Richard Harding

I’ve had a GLA as a hire car and it was easy to get in and out of and visibility was very good although the boot space could have been larger. I would say that you can get better for your money if you are not determined to have a “premium” badge. Avoid the 3008 Peugeot the heating and ventilation controls are not separate they are all built in to the infotainment system and tricky to adjust on the move.

#66571 Reply
    Roadwarrior
    Participant

Thanks Mr Oracle

I totally agree, had a AMG, 220d  which isn’t on the scheme, as you’re probably aware, the 220d 4matic is, on a 48hour test drive. It was outstanding! My research seems to point towards the 200d sport with the executive package as you get the sat nav, heated seats etc. We are relative newcommers to the scheme and the availability is pretty complex compared to when we got our juke, did a little research and went immediately to the Juke Teckna. I’ve tested the Peugeot 3008, Hyundi Tuscon and the X1.

The 3008 appears to have a huge wait time. And also outstanding.

Before illness bought me back to UK, I was a test driver in South Spain and Mercedes amongst others was one of the clients.

Working with Mercedes-Benz, I remember thinking how out of reach actually being a custodian or having one was. The urban gla being available at £0 AP is phenomenal .

Thanks again.

Nick

#66573 Reply
    Roadwarrior
    Participant

Hi Richard

Thanks for your post. What is your experience of the 3008.

Nick

#66627 Reply
    Mossfinn

I test drive both the GLA and X1 and found them very cramped and not well specked. Have you looked at the Mazda CX-5 ? I found it bigger inside, more comfortable and great spec and, with similar AP, good value so ordered one which is due in February.

#66641 Reply
    Roadwarrior
    Participant

Thanks

Tested the CX5 and I agree  good car.  It comes down to the best deal we can get.

#67331 Reply
    Roadwarrior
    Participant

Hi Oracle

Thanks for your message.  It’s Wednesday and I’m in the BMW showroom about to retest the X1! My mind keeps going back to the GLA 220D. WILL KEEP YOU POSTED. THANKS

#67465 Reply
    Oracle
    Participant

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Car availability is a bit all over the shop at the moment, with a lot of that being down to cars being re-engined under WLTP. Best thing to do is ask at the dealership, then ask them if there is any in-stock (at other dealerships) that they can get in, as this is often possible.

I think the Mercedes-Benz GLA200d Sport (available for £2599 in Q4) is a beautiful car, with nearly 180BHP, so responsive on the motorway. That said, the BMW X1 is a truly lovely car and arguably that little bit more practical. I also have a great deal of time for the Audi Q2 and notice that it’s prices have come down quite a bit recently, compared to when it joined the Scheme.

Peugeot 3008 (and 5008) are nice cars, but having recently been in a hire car (Peugeot 2008), it’s a reminder to me that you can’t beat good, solid German engineering – everything feels nicer and controls are more intuitive.

Once you’ve narrowed your choice down, make sure you place an application before Q1 2019 (i.e. by 31 December 2018), as you’ll have your priced ‘locked in’ and guaranteed – if it goes up, you’re safe.

Best of luck and happy hunting!

#67521 Reply
    Efc84

Hi Nick,

not sure what part of the country your from but Mercedes Ellesmere Port near Chester have a offer of 50% off AP but only if collecting the car this month.

I know you mention your renewal is this month but wasn’t sure if you if you ment collect this month renew and collect in March.

All the best.

efc84.

#121154 Reply
    Roadwarrior
    Participant

Hi

How are you doing? Thanks for your Great reply regarding the GLA, we are thrilled with it, did massive amount of research and equalled what you said.

Thanks

Nick

#121155 Reply
    Roadwarrior
    Participant

What are all these claims that are being launched against Mercedes, VW etc?

#121168 Reply
    Lord Muc

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Diesel gate, false emissions readings, built in software fooling the testing equipment.</p>

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Merc GLA
Your information: