Motorists to be paid £3,000 a year to give up cars

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mitch 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #73300 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Government-funded trial will see drivers who ditch their cars given £3,000 per year to spend on public transport
    Drivers will be paid up to £3,000 per year if they agree to swap their cars for public transport, under Government plans to reduce congestion and air pollution.

A Government-funded trial this year will see motorists who give up their cars paid a sum of between £2,000 and £3,000 every year to spend on public transport, electric car hire and bicycle sharing schemes, the Times has reported.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/106398/motorists-to-be-paid-3000-a-year-to-give-up-cars

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #73307 Reply

mitch
    Participant

thats all well and good but the public transport isnt there.ive looked at this recently as my back went out and i couldnt drive, i would need to either move house or change jobs or both. to get from here to where a client is i would need to take 2 buses, a train and a taxi each way and it would take 3 times as long at least and thats just one journey. to get to hospital appointments would require taxis at either £10 per trip or £20 per trip depending on which hospital.its fine if you live somewhere like london where there is the infrastructure but when you live in rural derbyshire it doesnt work.if i could afford housing in london it would be great as i qualify for the veterans oyster card so public transport is free. its great for weekends away though.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Reply To: Motorists to be paid £3,000 a year to give up cars

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: