Motorbility GO CHARGE card and app

• Creator
    Topic
    Ele
    Participant

You should all get this email

If you wish send off for a card and once received down load the App

We want to help you make the most of your electric car on the Motability Scheme.

Following the success of a recent trial with over 5,000 Motability Scheme customers, we’re delighted to introduce a new way to help you with public charging, called Motability Go Charge.

How it works
      With Motability Go Charge, you’ll have access to over 45,000 public chargers from 28 different chargepoint operators. These include GRIDSERVE, Source London, ChargePlace Scotland, ESB, Geniepoint, Shell Recharge, Osprey and many more – all through one mobile app and charging card.

It’s completely free to sign up and there are no monthly subscription fees.

Plus, unlike other charging apps, there’s no need to add funds to your account before you charge and no pre-authorisation fees. You’ll just need to pay for the energy you use.

Joining Motability Go Charge
      You can join Motability Go Charge even if you already have a home chargepoint or a subscription to the bp pulse network.

Let us know you want to join, and we’ll send you a welcome pack with your very own Motability Go Charge card and a user guide to help you get started.
      Get your card

Other benefits of Motability Go Charge
      Use the route planner and navigation tools to plan your journeys
      and find the most convenient chargers on route
      Check the availability of chargepoints in real time,
      and see tariffs and overstay fees
      Use live chat features in the app to get help and support
      when charging
      Manage your account online to monitor your charging and
      payment history

You can find out more information about Motability Go Charge on our website.  https://www.motability.co.uk/whats-available/electric-cars/charging/go-charge/

• This topic was modified 5 months ago by Ele.
    Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Gary1969
      Participant

Will the app tell you if the chargers a disabled friendly

Ele
        Participant

I will update as soon as I get the card and then the App up and running

Phaedra
          Participant

Lets not be silly, Motability tell you something useful? 🙂

Got the email earlier, can’t really see it be any use to me, I have the Electroverse card and will do very little if any public charging given my usual driving routine. I did try the 350kW Fastned chargers a couple of weeks ago as my home charger hadn’t been installed yet, very good (but expensive!), sausage & bacon bun and a hot drink in Greggs while I waited, 20mins and car was fully charged from 20 to 100%.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Participant

Always good to see another all in one card, more useful than Electroverse as it includes ChargePlace Scotland, but don’t forget the free discounts on charging prices given by Electroverse if you are an Octopus intelligent or go customer.

I’ve applied for one, only to use where Electroverse doesn’t operate.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

Slimtrim
              Participant

I have had mine for about 3 months and unfortunately the card isn’t universally acceptable by all chargers unlike Electroverse which I’ve pretty much used here and in France without an issue.

Also can only filter by charger speed, connector type and hub but not by accessibility on the app.

Ele
                Participant

Lets not be silly, Motability tell you something useful? ? Got the email earlier, can’t really see it be any use to me, I have the Electroverse card and will do very little if any public charging given my usual driving routine. I did try the 350kW Fastned chargers a couple of weeks ago as my home charger hadn’t been installed yet, very good (but expensive!), sausage & bacon bun and a hot drink in Greggs while I waited, 20mins and car was fully charged from 20 to 100%.

lol yep surprised myself

Wonder if the card will work

Will find out in April as got a 500 mile trip lined up’

Norfolk broads for 4 days

Last hired a boat there 25yrs ago via a Sun offer

Ideal break as I cant walk far now

Participant

Lets not be silly, Motability tell you something useful? ? Got the email earlier, can’t really see it be any use to me, I have the Electroverse card and will do very little if any public charging given my usual driving routine. I did try the 350kW Fastned chargers a couple of weeks ago as my home charger hadn’t been installed yet, very good (but expensive!), sausage & bacon bun and a hot drink in Greggs while I waited, 20mins and car was fully charged from 20 to 100%.

lol yep surprised myself Wonder if the card will work Will find out in April as got a 500 mile trip lined up’ Norfolk broads for 4 days Last hired a boat there 25yrs ago via a Sun offer Ideal break as I cant walk far now

got that too.. doesnt say how or who you pay tho[or im just thick].. norfolk broads takes me bake to a kid. my dad loved the water so we went there a lot for a weeks hol, and a week in a caravan usually. big cruisers were then very good, but lots of bats and big bleedin spiders… good luck

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Participant

how much did it cost to charge 20 mins ?

kezo
                      Participant

Lets not be silly, Motability tell you something useful?

Bang on ??

Carmad
                        Participant

The card is linked to your bank/credit card when you setup your details.  The good thing about the Motability card is that it doesn’t take a prepayment from your account unlike some other charger companies.  I don’t charge publicly very often but when I used the Motability one it was straight forward enough and saves having lots of different accounts with prepayment needed.

Phaedra
                          Participant

@Menorca Mike 46.33kWh for £31.97 !!!!!

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Participant

@Menorca Mike 46.33kWh for £31.97 !!!!!

omg

Phaedra
                              Participant

Expensive but still cheaper than petrol!.

Compared to other fast chargers “near” me that was the cheapest at 69p/kWh using the Electroverse card.

Most expensive home charge so far has been around £3.20 to add 145 miles of range, about 42kWh at 7.5p/kWh, so a much more sensible cost 🙂

Working out about 2.2p/Mile, about 1/8th the cost of the petrol Ateca at 18p/Mile (36mpg).  In the warmer weather with the increased range per kWh that should drop below 2p/Mile if I behave myself 🙂

MFillingham
                                Participant

So, why is this better than a multitude of other charge cards?

Hyundai drivers already have access to their card and other manufacturers will have their own some may give actual discounts over non subscription prices.  Then there’s the likes of Electroverse which is free, well connected and for Octopus customers comes with a discount on most suppliers.

I was hoping for Motability to throw some money in and cover a 36 month subscription giving a decent discount.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                                  I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.