Motability used car list with customers given first dibs.

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by sagittonius.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #174042 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

This will never happen direct from motability but maybe an arms length company could be set up to buy cars direct from motability and offered to motability customers in the first instance.

The company would know which cars are coming to them in advance and the website could be set up similar to motabilities own website – but only better, much better lol – separating cars into various groups.

I’m sure why there are many, many reasons why this will not happen but worth discussing IMHO lol.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #174045 Reply
    ajn

Might not ever happen, however the motability cars will and do go somewhere to a new owner, why not to a registered motability leaser..

Lower price, most here look after the cars, some don’t..

Guess it’s true, won’t happen

#174046 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Well dont discuss it Simon, simple.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#174049 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

The reason that it won’t happen is that it’s not in Motability’s interests to make it easy for people to leave the scheme, which is the same reason why the price that they quote to buy the car at end of lease is always excessive.

#174051 Reply
    Psuader

Let’s have a heated debate!

#174053 Reply
    struth
    Participant

The reason that it won’t happen is that it’s not in Motability’s interests to make it easy for people to leave the scheme, which is the same reason why the price that they quote to buy the car at end of lease is always excessive.

yes, it might mean they dont get a new lease so they would need to have a change of direction at top. for that to happen tthey would need to be under pressure to change which, with 2.4 bil in bank, is unlikely.

but its a great idea.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#174054 Reply
    72 dudes

A bit of positive discrimination?

#174090 Reply
    Bingo

Be interesting to see what deals Motability employees get. Do they get first dibs on early terminations or can they purchase interst free anything they want before it goes to auction ?

#174092 Reply
    Lee Bengough

Before Covid you could used to see cars that were due to go back on MFL Direct but then since Covid they changed it so only registered traders can see them now.

one company a few years ago had the login details available on their site for potential customers to take a look and obviously if interested in a particular car that dealer would then buy it off Motability but the account got suspended not long after unfortunately.

#174110 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

I still have my registered auto business and I used to buy direct ex mota vehicles, probably still could but not been trading regularly over the past few years as now fully retired (well almost).

They were certainly a lot cheaper than the price they ask from mota customers.

#174136 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I still have my registered auto business and I used to buy direct ex mota vehicles, probably still could but not been trading regularly over the past few years as now fully retired (well almost). They were certainly a lot cheaper than the price they ask from mota customers.

Interesting and confirms what many of us have said for years, that the prices quoted to Motability customers to buy at the end of lease are set deliberately high as a disincentive to those considering opting out of the scheme. Given the profit that they make out of every lease, you can see why!

#174502 Reply
    sagittonius

Would the price differential be due to the ‘VAT qualifying’ situation.?

This is something I have never understood, but maybe vinylspin could shed some light on it.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Motability used car list with customers given first dibs.
Your information: