motability search facility not fit for purpose????

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by JamesG jamesg 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86018 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

as regulars will be aware i have a mini 3dr auto cooper 7 and whilst its great due to a slipped disc creating additional problems i may need to change to something easier to get in and out of. due to this additional problem i struggle at the mo to get out to dealers and look at alternatives so i rely on this forum and the motability search thingy and its driving me nuts basically. the following is a typical example.

i need an auto so that reduces the 1900 odd cars to 829, now needing a higher seat i  select mpv/suv and  it goes down to 276 and if i say no ap as i will lose gcb and my veterans grant it goes down to 39.

now that is 39 vehicles when you look at it the torneo and caddy arent appropriate and when you go through the list its actually 11 vehicles the rest are just variations of that model. they are:

vitara

kuga

kadjar

grandland

bmw 2 series

jeep renegade

tucson

gla

golf sv

soul

tuigan match.

immediately you can see just selecting suv mpv doesnt give you all the options with a higher seating position so you then have to start adding back other categories which give you loads of options that arent relevant. just adding back small cars gives you:

ignis

arona

juke

c3 aircross

ds3 crossback

crossland

mirage

captur

2008 suv

fiat 500

mini countryman

captur.

you might as well just select all and trawl through it.

oh and i get wpms so the choice for pip would be less.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #86020 Reply
    JamesG
    jamesg

Hi  mitch  your  right  it is not fit for purpose !  If you go  to medium  cars you will find  the  Qashqai  me i class it as a SUV  ?     Peugeot  5008  SUV   comes under  MPVs   just a couple of examples   of  how crap it is   !

#86021 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

Rather than select MPV/SUV I tend to search and then alter the accessibility needs to find higher seated vehicles. BUT and it’s a big BUT, not all vehicles on the scheme have their accessibility details recorded and it omits all of those.

In my experience it’s better to just search for auto’s and then sift through the longer list to be sure you haven’t missed anything suitable.

People have been complaining about the inadequacies of the search function for ever but they don’t seem to be in any rush to improve it.

#86022 Reply
    SaintsMan

The fact that most of the check boxes are already “ticked” annoys me. I would rather have them unchecked so I can select what I want, rather then deselect everything.

#86024 Reply
    Wazza
    Participant

Don’t forget the Suzuki s-cross. That was listed as small car at one point. Don’t know if it still is.

One thing I hate about the search is if you have a large number of cars to look at and you go along the pages it goes weird and only show one car.

#86025 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

wazza, no it didnt come up when i put small cars back in, i didnt look at medium or large as i had lost patience by then and as jamesg points out the quashqai is in the medium bracket.and the 5008. so theres probably loads more. i will take a deep breath and have another play in a bit lol.

#86026 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Just take your time and have a good look through the selection of cars, it is a big decision which take up some research, you will be surprised what you will turn up.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#86027 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

ok adding medium gives you:

mgzs, scross, c4 cactus, ecosport, 500x, mokka, stonic, ateca, qashqai, and q2.

adding large only adds the octavia.

so mpv/suv,small,medium,large all selected.

are there any 0 ap autos with high seating missing?

i will let you know lol.

#86028 Reply
    dave h
    Participant

Call mobility explain your problems and ask if you can get grant for AP looking at ateca fr 2.0tdi £799 that has sports seats with good side bolsters that may suit you

https://images.app.goo.gl/eMMqgduy6KQTozcu6

#86036 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i think i am just going to stick with scrolling through everything with automatic the only selection it means wading through 839 options each time but at least i wont have missed any lol.

wazza, suzuki have to be the sleeper in all these with 3 good options for little money, even the ignis would be an option and i am not small.

at the moment my favourite is the countryman the cockpit is essentially the same as ive got now and the exclusive trim is almost the same as i have. the tempter in the background for an ap of £74 is the mercedes b class. a very nice place to sit.

so see what the medics say next week and if its bad news book some test drives.

#86039 Reply
    JamesG
    jamesg

mitch  the Countryman  is  very  good  !  BMW  =  MERC     or  150  bhp  Captur   GT  line  at   £345   AP  I love  the  GLA   The  BMW  20 d  engine  is  strong   Good  luck  with the   search    hope back  improves

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: motability search facility not fit for purpose????

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: