Motability Scheme recognises top performing dealers

• Creator
    Topic
  • #141017 Reply
    Brydo

Scooter and powered wheelchair dealerships across the UK have been recognised for their ‘outstanding’ levels of customer service in the Motability Scheme’s annual awards.

The awards are based on direct feedback from Motability Scheme customers and reward commitment to going above and beyond to deliver high standards of care.

This year’s winners and commended dealerships are a mix of dealerships being recognised for the first time and some repeat winners; Altonaids Mobility and Mobility Direct NI have both been commended previously, while this is Charterwood Mobility’s second year in a row winning the large category and True Mobility’s second year winning the medium category.

Ian Goswell, commercial services director at Motability Operations, said: “One of the main aims of the Motability Powered Wheelchair and Scooter Scheme is to deliver exceptional service to our customers, and these dealerships demonstrate excellent customer service day in, day out – not an easy feat given the difficulties of 2020.

“We take great pride in working with these award-winning dealers, they’re the face of the Motability Scheme to so many customers, and it’s fantastic to see their continued dedication.”

Every scooter and powered wheelchair dealership with 35 or more Motability Scheme customers are entered into the awards and rated out of 10. The average score for all eligible dealerships in the 2020 Motability Scheme awards is 9.42 out of 10. The winning and commended dealerships in the large and medium categories all scored 9.75 or over.

The winners and highly commended recipients across the three categories (split by dealership fleet size) are:

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #141020 Reply
    joss

Nice to know. Now how about car dealership awards? I think we as motability customers should be given the option of a feed back form on how your dealership experience was. This would be a form supplied by Motability. Maybe then motability would have a better view of the kind of service we get from dealerships.

Welcome back Brydo 👍

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#141032 Reply
    Georgie

Seconded.

Seconded. 🙂

#141072 Reply
    Lee Bengough

Sadly my local Citroen dealer has gone from 50 Motability cars a month down to 30.

thats not because of service they give they are brilliant but the prices. Like one example one of the salesman said who’s going to pay top whack AP for a Citroen Berlingo where as they can go next door and get a Vauxhall Combo a lot cheaper.

#141082 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

The idea of doing this for cars is good but I think the customer base for cars is too great for there to be a single award covering the whole of the UK so something like north west England, north east England, south Scotland, north Scotland and so on or if that’s too much north and south Eng, Scotland, Wales and NI then there would be always dealers within a reasonable travelling distance from a customer.

Having a dealer winning an award in south east England would be as useful as a chocolate tea pot for some one living in Northern Ireland.

#141104 Reply
    joss

@chrisk You missed my point chris. My suggestion was to give us, the customer a way of giving feed back of how we found our experience direct to Motability.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#141116 Reply
    Dante

I’ve questioned the validity, robustness and quality assurance of the ‘Motsbility accredited’ dealer accreditation. In 23 yrs as a Motability customer – my experience of ‘Motability “accredited”’ dealers has been a mixed bag & unfortunately usually a very below par customer experience & real lack or CRM.
    the worst being with my current MG & MG U.K.

I’ve written to Motsbility operations several times on this band the overall board / SMT to look at reviewing / refresh the accreditation process, validation, monitoring & review protocols and framework.
    I’ve also suggested several times the introduction of a ‘mystery shopper’ style programme / to be undertaken by disabled people and carers both existing & prospective customers.

But I’ve never had any response but now I’m remembered – I will write again.

#141117 Reply
    joss

Keep us updated Dante please.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#141124 Reply
    Dante

Will do – it’s about 18 months since I wrote last in more detail than the summary above

#141125 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

@joss, this a fantastic idea.

My personal view, however, is that Motability would shy away from this as the true story, which they surely must know, would become visible to all.
    The fact that this award already exists for scooter and powered chairs, but not for car dealerships, should tell us all we need to know.
    I am still pretty new to the scheme and of all the dealerships I have visited (circa 15), not one has promoted a view other than Motability being a hindrance and not really welcomed.

That said, I, for one, would fully support such a feedback form.
    Never say never. 🤞

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Motability Scheme recognises top performing dealers
Your information: