Motability question? We can answer it.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #173917 Reply
    Brydo

There are many questions members have about the motability scheme such as :-

Can I extend my lease?

Can I change my car before my contract is up and if so will it cost me anything?

How much is the GCB and will I get it if I have a few scratches?

What happens if I lose PIP?

If you have any questions about motability, then this is the place to come. We have many knowledgeable members only to willing to give advice. Many of our members have been on the scheme for decades and know virtually everything there is to know about the scheme.

Viewing 9 replies - 201 through 209 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #193087 Reply
    joss

Do you have a motability on line account? if so it may confirm for you, though not sure. Have you been given a hand over day Tina?

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#193092 Reply
    Tina

I’ve got an account but it just says I will receive an email when dealer confirms when WAV will be ready, I found out today off motability operations that the DVLA have re registered the car in my name and the dealer needs to give me a delivery date. It’s been a long slow process so I’m just wondering if I have the paperwork and pin etc off motability and the car is registered in my name if I can have delivery of it next week

#193090 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Thanks for the answer @BigDave

#193327 Reply
    Tina

I’ve now been told off the dealer that motability operations got it wrong and the DVLA have not processed it in my name yet as he’s only started the process today 🙄 he has said I should have the WAV by a week and a halfs time so I’m assuming he’s doing the process online , does anyone know if this sounds right ? I feel like I’m being palmed off again 🙁

#193419 Reply
    Barry

Hi, I am considering switching to my first EV and am aware that Motability install the wall charger as part of the contract but did I read somewhere that you must have a smart meter first before you start the process of ordering.My home supplier is OCTOPUS and any information on the initial process would be appriciated,

Thanks Barry.

#193429 Reply
    Colin

General question, if the benefit rates go up next April as is entirely possible with the inflation rate running high, how does that affect the weekly payment schedule.?

#193435 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

@Colin It doesn’t make any difference. If the mobility rate increases Motability benefits.

That’s why the pricing always states “total allowance” rather than a fixed amount.

If I seem a little strange, that's because I am.

Mercedes Benz B180 Premium Plus.

#193453 Reply
    Colin

Thanks that’s a good point it does say total allowance. Seems a bit unfair to me.

#193461 Reply
    Carcar
    Participant

Yep. PIP  might go up £7 a week with inflation next year so Motability will benefit from all cars that cost full allowance. However cars that cost less than full allowance – the customer benefits from the theoretical £7/week

Viewing 9 replies - 201 through 209 (of 209 total)
Reply To: Motability question? We can answer it.
Your information: