Motability letter 3 months before end of lease

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Oscarmax 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #106070 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

My current lease ends on the 30th May 2020, so in theory I can start ordering my next car on the 1st March 2020, stupid question when will I receive notification from Motability will they send it slightly before or on the 1st March

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #106073 Reply

Tharg
    Participant

My “can-order-now” date was 19 December and I got the letter from Motability on the 5th December (dated 4th). So it seems they post out some two weeks before your can-order date. Thus, yours should arrive about 14 February. Hope this helps.

#106080 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Brilliant hopefully now only 4 days to receive my letter.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#106091 Reply

roly
    Participant

Ours letter was dated 2nd Feb, received 7th Feb with an “order from date” of 18th Feb

#106107 Reply

wonky

Hi Oscarmax,  just had my letter,  one week before the 3 months.

Hope this helps and happy hunting.

Regards, wonky

#106636 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Grrrrrr still no letter.

#106638 Reply

roly
    Participant

I’m not sure the letter is actually needed to go and place an order. Presumably when the dealer looks you up on the Motability system, they’ll be able to tell if you are within 3 months of your current lease ending.

#106641 Reply

Noel

yeah, you dont need the letter, its just a “whats your options” type leaflet with a few selected cars highlighted, as long as its within 3 months the dealer will be able to put the order in with just your id, driving license, and award notice.

#106646 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

But my Motability dealer is a bit half soaked, he initially tried to charge extra for metallic paint, he did not know anything about the OVO/Mitsubishi 10,000 mile plus to add insult to injury when the wife asked him about adaptation regarding a rotary knob on the steering wheel and possibly a hoist for the scooter , he advised us Mitsubishi would charge for the steering wheel rotary knob and we would be sort it out ourselves, he did not have a clue.

#106907 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Received Motability letter today can order 29th February 2020

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  Oscarmax.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Motability letter 3 months before end of lease

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: