Motability let us know that AP`s would be higher in Q4, why now?

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Brydo.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #127691 Reply
    Brydo

Why do we not get told whats going up or down from quarter to quarter. Motability are here to provide a service for its customers so why dont they tell us which APs are going up and which ones are going down in the last week of each quarter.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #127698 Reply
    Brydo

@wmcforum this was meant for the forum rather than off topic, could you move it for me?

#127706 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Why do we not get told whats going up or down from quarter to quarter. Motability are here to provide a service for its customers so why dont they tell us which APs are going up and which ones are going down in the last week of each quarter.

Brydo,

If they did that, it would take away all the expectation posted about on this forum in the run up to the start of a new quarter.

Also, the (very) early morning scramble on the 1st day of the new quarter to get onto Motability’s website to see if one’s chosen vehicle had gone up/down would be a thing of the past.

It would also take away the ‘Do I/Don’t I order a new vehicle now or wait until the new quarter’ indecision.

All that ‘fun’ (in inverted commas) would be gone!

#127708 Reply
    Brydo

Think about what it would save Dave, all those cancellations when the APs go down in the next quarter lol.

I think motability should publish the next quarters APs the week before the quarter ends, this would give those able to change a chance make an informed choice.

#127713 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Why have quarterly price lists at all, why not just change the AP when they do the deal.

There would be winners and losers for sure but we would all be in the same boat.

Then as Dave said, where’s the fun in that.😁

#127714 Reply
    Brydo

I take Daves point but ultimately motability is set up to help the disabled get mobile so anything they can do to ensure we get the car we want for as cheap as possible then they should do that IMO.

#127717 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

They just warned of expected rises they didn’t announce what the rises were, but in some cases APs went down.

#127723 Reply
    Brydo

They should provide a detailed list of ALL car prices the week before, or even longer in these uncertain times.

It doesn’t matter too much whether the AP goes up or down its giving us the info to make an informed decision rather than leaving to the lottery it is now.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Motability let us know that AP`s would be higher in Q4, why now?
Your information: