Motability Lease’s That Are Ended Early

• Creator
    Topic
    MickC
    Participant

For one reason or another you see quite a few people ending their lease’s early (car no longer suitable) over on the FB group.

Why not put them back into the scheme’s “available cars ready for immediate lease” at minimal AP.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Agree 100% Mick, but they won’t ever do that will they? It’s brand new, wait 5 months+ if you’re lucky and that’s yer lot with Motability.

It really is a wasteful working model in so many ways. Frankly I’d snap their hand off for a nearly new car with say 1,500 miles on it, lower AP and immediate delivery and I’m sure many, many others would too. ?

ScotT
        Spectator

For one reason or another you see quite a few people ending their lease’s early (car no longer suitable) over on the FB group. Why not put them back into the scheme’s “available cars ready for immediate lease” at minimal AP.

Because they will be “used” vehicles and Motability only use New vehicles that are heavily discounted. it is not wasteful at all, they will make their money back on the early termination, due to the heavy discounts.

they won’t ever do this, if there is a particular vehicle you want and its not in stock, unfortunately you have to wait.

Participant

i wouldnt think it was all that common for car to go back after a month or so in comparison to the amount of leases.

i can obviously see motabilities point re selling it rather than leasing, although they do sometimes lease quite new, modified mpv type vans etc.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
            Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Participant

Don’t think my current car should be sold to anyone, thing needs scrapping. Took ownership of it 7 months ago and it’s been back at the dealer for 3 of those months.

Car History:
              Ford Fiesta
              Vauxhall Astra Mk6
              Mazda 3
              BMW 2 Series Coupe
              Mercedes A Class
              Vauxhall Astra Mk8 (Lease ended early)
              Renault Austral

BigDave
              Participant

For one reason or another you see quite a few people ending their lease’s early (car no longer suitable) over on the FB group. Why not put them back into the scheme’s “available cars ready for immediate lease” at minimal AP.

It was asked on Motability Operations social media pages a year or two back and Motability stated it was not something they would do.

Mainly because of the logistics and costs involved in such a scheme.

Basically, Motability do not have the resources to transfer returned vehicles between locations for potential customers to view and then potentially lease. They have a contract for volume removal of vehicles from dealerships to auction/MFL only, not the capacity to ferry individual vehicles around.

Plus, dealerships are only committed/paid to supply new vehicles on the scheme. In effect they would not want early returned vehicles being held on their forecourts specifically for Motability. They want shut of them asap by the established auction/mfl route.

Any changes to the established procedure would add cost to the scheme and cost needs to be paid for – usually by the customer base!

Yes, they do it in a very limited way with WAV;s – but apparently numbers are really low and involve the very small number of converters who may have to demo the WAV anyway. To do it at a greater volume would be impossible.

Bricktophunter
                Participant

Don’t think my current car should be sold to anyone, thing needs scrapping. Took ownership of it 7 months ago and it’s been back at the dealer for 3 of those months.

Agree 100% here too – I wouldn’t like to be the person to buy this car when I return it, My MG4 has been into 3 different dealers on more than 1 occasion, for the same issues to be fixed, only to be told the problem should now be rectified as they have applied ‘new modules, updates and calibration’ word for word, each time I picked the car back up.

I laughed after the 3rd time of hearing it.

Mine has always had issues with Lane assist and Sudden Automatic Braking, for no apparent reason. The car suffers from severe road anxiety to say the least, no more so than the anxiety it causes me when it tries to drive me into a central reservation fence to avoid a road marking that isn’t there, though.

Can’t wait to get rid of it.

Current: 2023 MG4 Trophy (soon to get rid)
                  Ordered: VW ID4 Match Pro 210kw 77kWh [Blue Dusk] Expected August!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.