Motability Car Reviews

• Creator
    Topic
  • #149484 Reply
    crispy

Please post reviews of your new Motability cars after you have had at least a week to get used to vehicle.

Start post with Make, Model, Version, to make it easy to find the one you are looking for, if you click reply to that particular post it should keep the same reviews together.

Viewing 15 replies - 101 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #163037 Reply
    crispy

Picking my Kia Niro Self charging Hybrid up this morning. I will put a review on in the next fortnight 🙂

#163038 Reply
    joss

Happy new car day then Crispy. Hope it all goes well. Look forward to the review.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#163432 Reply
    Lou

Collected my Audi Q3 S Line 35TDI a few weeks ago and have covered 200 miles.

Hand over was fast and efficient, dealer was quick to have me signing paperwork before any walk around or go over but to be perfectly honest I was in too much pain and struggling to walk so werent too fussed. I did give the car a good go over before driving out of the showroom and everything seemed to be in order which was great. Only enough diesel to get to the garage but that was fine.

The car is a dream to drive, very economical im seeing just short of 46mpg and have done a mixture of town and motorway journeys. The seats are the most comfortable I have ever sat in to my knowledge and the heated seats is an option thats been of a massive help to me! Its certainly one function I wont be able to go without in the future.

The assisted drive thingy is pretty impressive, the sound system is a pleasure. Having the option to have the sat nav set directly on the dash where you find the speedo is a very well thought idea and much easier as a driver to follow. Im loving the lighting on the doors and have gone for the extra light colour pack which gives much more choice in colours.

The boot space is generous with the little added extra under the floor but I got the spare wheel so have missed out on the majority of that. The space inside the car is not too bad but i must admit I did expect a little more in the back considering the overhaul.

The gearbox is nice and smooth with easy changes, quite nippy to pull away but is def not the idea of a spirited driver kind of nippy. The road noise isnt too bad but it is with the window down, bumps can be quite bouncy to go over but still smooth. I used the dynamic mode for a while but found the car wanting to go a lot quicker than I was prepared for so I quite happily poodle along in comfort mode with the auxiliary set on eco.

The points im not too sure I personally like are the electric boot door as it has no safety stop (almost crushed my 4yr old cousin) and I am weary of the electric handbrake purely because its nothing like using a manual and the sense of control isnt there (this is something I disliked on a previous car). I much prefer the BMW idrive over the audi mmi because they still make them with the easier to use center nob. The audi screen gets dirty with finger print marks so a handy cloth is a must. Its about time audi started making cars with the keyless entry and engine feature aswell as real exhausts rather than the fake ones just for the looks.

Overall I am very happy with my choice and still cant believe how much the heated seats are helpful to me, I will be doing quite a long journey of around 3 and a half hours (this is without breaks included) in the coming weeks so that will be a good idea of MPG numbers and long journey comfort. If your waiting on your Audi Q3 or have one then you most certainly wont be disappointed. 🙂 Happy motoring

#163435 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Interesting and balanced review Lou. Great to hear that you are pleased with your car. We couldn’t be without heated seats now, especially with leather trim. We probably use them for almost half the year! I’m surprised that the electric tailgate doesn’t have a safety stop. I assumed that this was a standard thing on all electric tailgates both when opening (to avoid damage) and closing (for safety). I agree that the BMW iDrive is fantastic and I hate touchscreens as I find them a nightmare to use when on the move. I had given up on Voice Control on our Volkswagen as it was hopeless, but it’s faultless on our new BMW X1 in association with the iDrive. I keep trying to catch it out but I’m failing. The other day I pressed the voice control button and said “Navigate to Tileflair in Longwell Green”. That’s a tile showroom on the outskirts of Bristol (which I hadn’t said). Instantly it found the precise showroom and immediately commenced navigation without me saying or doing anything else whatsoever!

#163436 Reply
    Lou

The heated seats warm so quickly within minutes of starting from a cold engine, I will most likely use these year round aside from extreme heat waves. I was quite surprised by the boot aswell and find it ashame that its been missed out being quite a safe family car. I couldnt give much of an insight into the mmi as it needs a phone connected to set it all up and I currently do not own one, I did give the voice assistant a quick try tho and it responded well directing me to exactly where i asked aswell as changing the radio station. Agreed with the bmw idrive being the best iv used so I will miss the ease of its functions. I must hand on heart admit the most reliable car I ever owned (privately) was a skoda, the bmw werent too bad but repairs costly at times and more frequent. The audi I had previous was a real juicy machine which made me apprehensive about the q3 but so far its not been that bad having only used £20 worth in 3 weeks (I used to do well over double this weekly).

#163489 Reply
    Lord Muc

The tailgate does have a safety stop on obstruction, it’s just some are more sensitive than others. Out of interest, try lowering the tailgate and apply some resistance to try and stop it closing.

#163493 Reply
    Lord Muc

Lou, the Q3 i had in 2014, it was a poverty spec, but is still my favourite. It’s a shame it wasn’t on when I was ordering, otherwise  I would have seriously considered it again, when I handed back the X1.

#163494 Reply
    Lord Muc

Glos, the voice control and AI, on the bmw is very good, the gran coupe, has Idrive 7, flipping between google maps and bmw, there is very little difference, if any to route guidance and traffic info. I wonder if bmw use google for traffic info and such.

#163499 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Glos, the voice control and AI, on the bmw is very good, the gran coupe, has Idrive 7, flipping between google maps and bmw, there is very little difference, if any to route guidance and traffic info. I wonder if bmw use google for traffic info and such.

I remember reading some years ago that the source for Real Time Traffic is via the mobile phone companies (which monitors the speed that all mobile phones are ‘moving’ on roads). Could be the same as Google use – I don’t know. It’s incredibly accurate isn’t it. I find it amazing that the beginning of the red or amber congestion coding of roads is accurate to within metres.

#163510 Reply
    Lou

Lord Muc, i tried the resistance with the boot. My cousin ended up pulling her daughter out of harms way in the end as it was so close, when I then checked the boot door…it didnt work on the first two goes and I was petrified that it was broken! I tried a third time and it seemed ok, I def prefer the manual style over electric even tho the ease of use is brilliant.

I completely agree with you, the Q3 is a very nice car (had one privately too), its a shame it werent on when you were ready to order. The upgrades are very nice indeed, heated seats are absolutely faultless with a really nice height and ease of entry. I will admit i do the whole subtle head turn and goofy grin after exiting the car 🙂

#163514 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Lord Muc, i tried the resistance with the boot. My cousin ended up pulling her daughter out of harms way in the end as it was so close, when I then checked the boot door…it didnt work on the first two goes and I was petrified that it was broken! I tried a third time and it seemed ok, I def prefer the manual style over electric even tho the ease of use is brilliant. 🙂

Lou – I have no knowledge of the Q3, but if the electric tailgate safety function works the same as the VW’s and BMW’s that I have had with it, the closing tailgate has to meet resistance before it will stop and then re-open slightly. In other words, it doesn’t stop before it hits something, it has to actually hit the obstruction before it reacts. It will apply some force to the obstruction first, before it reacts, otherwise it would be a pain trying to close it with a full boot. As someone else has said, the way to check if it works is to stand behind the car, press the close button and, as the tailgate is closing, grab the bottom of it as if you are trying to open it manually. You will need to do this quite firmly for the safety feature to activate.

I am in and out of the boot constantly with my wife’s wheelchair. The safety feature was a bit of a pain on the Tiguan as the boot was a very tight fit for the wheelchair and the tailgate would often not close without a manual shove to override the safety reverse, or moving the rear seats forward slightly. Thankfully the boot on our X1 is a bit bigger so the wheelchair fits with ease and the safety feature never activates, but I have tested it as described above to make sure that it works.

#163531 Reply
    Lou

That seems to explain it perfectly, its a shame it doesnt have the sensor to stop it before it hits something tho. I found the X1 boot quite spacious too especially with the under floor extra which is something that i personally would of got a lot of use from.

#163533 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

That seems to explain it perfectly, its a shame it doesnt have the sensor to stop it before it hits something tho. I found the X1 boot quite spacious too especially with the under floor extra which is something that i personally would of got a lot of use from.

Yes the under floor storage space is massive, almost like a second boot! It’s been a godsend for us, as I use the under floor space as a regular boot, leaving the main boot for my wife’s wheelchair. When I lift the wheelchair out I’m not dragging out other items with it, as I was with the Tiguan!

#163785 Reply
    crispy

Kia Niro Self charging hybrid “2”

£199 advance payment

I’m limited to AP by GCB. I wasn’t ready for EV this time, and am used to the MPG of a diesel. Very impressed with MPG (64 mpg) over last 10 days, better than previous diesel. The spec. on the entry model is great, no heated seats, but over £1000 for “3” model wasn’t possible. Purchased twin heated seat covers from Amazon for £20. Comfortable ride, both driver and passenger seats adjustable as standard. My son says back seats are most comfortable we’ve ever had.  Apple car play as standard, so satnav sorted. Good sized boot. Auto headlights and wipers as standard. Drives well in eco mode, but flies in sport mode, if needed, but affects MPG as you would expect.

Overall very impressed, but would have  looked at the Hyundai Kona if AP was lower in Q2( prefer the look).

#164123 Reply
    Paul

I’ve had my Python Yellow Audi A1 30 TFSI S Line Sportback since Christmas 2019, my first Audi on the scheme following three consecutive Fiestas.

I’ve covered 15.5 thousand miles in it to date and like it very much. The digital and virtual cockpit including the option to have the sat nav tight in front of you in the instrument binnacle is great. The seats are very comfy and I like the fact that the touch screen is integrated into the dashboard rather than ‘stuck on’ the dashboard, as in the latest Fiesta.

The main negatives would be on some surfaces there can be a lot of road noise; and there is quite noticeable ‘turbo lag’. You pit your foot down and there is a delay before the power kicks in.

Audi offer three packs – Technology (sat nav etc) for just over £1000, Comfort and sound for c. £995 (Upgrades stereo, heated front seats etc) and Plus pack for £699 (climate control, rear tinted windows and front armrest) .  I opted for the Technology and Comfort and Sound packs. The dealer offered to use a local company to install rear tinted windows for under £200, so I went with that.

Although I fully expected the cost to be higher with Audi, being a ‘premium brand’, this is also the main drawback for me and may affect my decision to have another Audi when I change my car next year. You get more bang for your buck with other manufacturer’s. I still get a buzz when I see that yellow in the car park though!

Viewing 15 replies - 101 through 115 (of 115 total)
Reply To: Motability Car Reviews
Your information: