Motability Car Reviews

• This topic has 115 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 6 days ago by Paul.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #149484 Reply
    crispy

Please post reviews of your new Motability cars after you have had at least a week to get used to vehicle.

Start post with Make, Model, Version, to make it easy to find the one you are looking for, if you click reply to that particular post it should keep the same reviews together.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #156599 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

I’ve had two friends with virtually new German brand non hybrid cars that have had battery problems.  Both drove long distances on the motorway to an airport.  One was away for 7 days, the other 10.  Both had flat batteries on return.  RAC person said it is getting more common and attends Heathrow everyday with the same scenario.   Supposedly some modern car alarm systems have a high power usage so can cause drain over a relatively short space in time.  As both of them are regular fliers, I advised them to change to the highest spec heavy duty battery they could buy.  Neither have had any problems since.

#156602 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

By the way, my friend’s cars were BMW and Mercedes.

Here’s a quote from an article four years ago in 2017.

‘…While their owners are flying off to visit friends and family, tens of thousands of automobiles will be left waiting in airport parking lots. Some of these travellers will return to discover their cars’ batteries are dead. Welcome home. Here’s a set of jumper cables.

Why? Modern cars consume electricity even when they are seemingly dormant: GPS systems, proximity sensors, antitheft systems, data links and automatic vehicle-condition “polling” all draw on the battery.’

Another thing is people wondering why their stop-start system isn’t working in their cars.  Once again this is down to the car not being driven enough to top up the battery for it to keep restarting the car, so the system will deactivate until the battery has enough charge.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by PillBoy.
    #156611 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

All cars suffer parasitic battery drain to some extent but if a healthy battery is drained enough not to start the car after two weeks there’s a fault. It’s easy enough to track down the fault too by monitoring the current draw with a cheap multimeter and pulling fuses until it stops. It’s often something as simple as bad boot light switch.

It can be prevented by disconnecting the negative battery terminal and locking the car with the key.  I have to do this with my stepsons car which he leaves with us when he’s away for months working in the Middle East.  (I could also prevent it by hooking up a trickle charger, but that’s more difficult given where the car is parked).

#156616 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

I agree how to prevent it happening, but there doesn’t have to be a fault.  This from a Mercedes dealership in the same article:

“There was no surprise at the dealership,” he writes. “This happens,” he was informed, due to “electronic activity that happens passively and constantly.” He was further advised to keep the car on a “trickle” charger that plugs into a wall outlet—hard to do at airports—or disconnect the negative battery terminal.

#156622 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Hopefully by now Mercedes and others will have addressed what is clearly a design fault or (as you suggest) fitted higher capacity batteries. Pretty pathetic of a dealer to say get a trickle charger. It shouldn’t happen, over 2 or 3 weeks of non use.

Any new models suffering the same? I wonder..

#156623 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

Although the article is from 2017, my friend’s problems both happened last year before lockdown started.

Anyway, don’t want to derail the topic, just making the point that it’s not just hybrids that suffer battery problems.

#157282 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

As a few others have added reviews of cars that they have had for some time, I thought I would do the same, especially as nobody has reviewed a VW Tiguan yet.

2018 VW Tiguan 190PS 4Motion (4WD) DSG (Auto) SEL (forerunner to the Elegance).

Good points;

Interior Space – The passenger compartment is tardis like. Tons of room for front and rear passengers. The rear seats slide and recline, which is useful as I move it one click forward to make my wife’s wheelchair fit easier in the boot.

Seat Comfort – Good size and supportive. Did a 2,500 mile touring holiday over 3 weeks and had no problems at all.

4WD – I didn’t expect much from this but it’s great. I had to go out one day in a decent snowfall and it didn’t miss a beat. In a car park where loads of cars were struggling I had no issues.

Looks – It’s grown on me. The lower spec Tiguans look just that IMHO, but the higher spec versions look quite smart if you get the right colour. We chose Indium grey, primarily to mask the great plastic side skirts, but it makes the car look classy.

Bad Points;

Lag when pulling away – There is an annoying lag of a second or so when you put your foot down which can be a right pain (and at times dangerous) when overtaking. It’s better in standard or sport mode but this lag issue renders the Eco mode unusable IMO.

Fuel Economy – OK it’s 4WD and 190PS, but we only get around 38mpg which is poor for a diesel. I had a heavier 5 Series BMW diesel with the same output engine and even though it felt tons quicker than the VW, I could easily get near 50mpg.

Sat Nav – The VW system is dire. Probably one of the worst I have used (and I’ve tried dozens). Where to start? Poor quality mapping (roads disappear when you zoom out), constantly telling you to divert off motorways and A roads to avoid non-existent ‘problems’, touch screen difficult to use when on the move (BMW’s iDrive is 100 times better). I could go on.

Voice Control – Hopeless. It’s not my voice as I could make the BMW one work faultlessly, but I have given up on it. It’s wrong 90% of the time.

LED Headlights – The fully adaptive functionality is far too slow and not a patch on the system I had on my BMW, which was instantaneous. It could be that the newer iQ lights are better. They need to be.

Forward Collision Assist – Quite dangerous. It can react to shadows when going under bridges on the motorway and suddenly brake without warning. It’s been in the garage for this but still does it very occasionally. Nervous drivers be warned!

Adaptive Cruise Control – It can brake too readily when a car you are following turns off and then takes too long to pick up again, meaning that I end up having to accelerate manually which somewhat defeats the object. I actually prefer normal cruise control.

Summary;

All of the above means that it’s a functional car but not one that I enjoy driving, in the way that I have many other cars. Frankly, it’s a bland driving experience which probably won’t be an issue for most people, but I’m looking forward to getting back to a car that is more engaging to drive. Whilst the kit count on the Tiguan is high, the VW systems don’t work as effectively as the same systems that I’ve had in several BMW’s. It’s a case of quantity over quality and several of the VW’s shortcomings are really grating on me now! Next car (BMW X1 20i xDrive xLine) has just been built and is due end of July. I will post a review on that one in due course.

#157286 Reply
    Bob

Glos Guy, I’ve just taken delivery of my X1 20ixdrivexline and there are a few things missing from my previous X1. The 12v charging point under the passenger side dashboard is missing, sliding rear seats and electric switch in the boot to fold rear seats missing. There are no restraining points in the boot for tying down a mobility scooter, and no storage compartments under the front seats. Oh, and there isn’t a CD player. On the plus side the gear selector and instrument panel have been upgraded..If any of these points are important to you I suggest you have a word with the dealer. I complained about the lack of restraining points, which I consider a safety issue, (which I hadn’t noticed on handover, and unable to look at prior to ordering due to COVID restrictions)My dealer, Stratstone Derby, has assured me they will retrofit them ASAP.

#157287 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Glos Guy, I’ve just taken delivery of my X1 20ixdrivexline and there are a few things missing from my previous X1. The 12v charging point under the passenger side dashboard is missing, sliding rear seats and electric switch in the boot to fold rear seats missing. There are no restraining points in the boot for tying down a mobility scooter, and no storage compartments under the front seats. Oh, and there isn’t a CD player. On the plus side the gear selector and instrument panel have been upgraded..If any of these points are important to you I suggest you have a word with the dealer. I complained about the lack of restraining points, which I consider a safety issue, (which I hadn’t noticed on handover, and unable to look at prior to ordering due to COVID restrictions)My dealer, Stratstone Derby, has assured me they will retrofit them ASAP.

Hi Bob. The only thing in that list of missing things that we would have ideally liked is a CD player. We were going to add sliding rear seats as an option, assuming that we’d need them to fit the wheelchair in the boot, but thankfully it fits just fine, even with the seat backs in the most reclined position. Never use restraining points, so no issue there and I only put the rear seats down a handful of times a year (at most) for tip runs, so I can live with that also. One of the option packs we have added includes wireless charging and at the times when I would have used a CD I might try to ‘get down with the kids’ and use the Amazon Music app 😂 Hope that you are enjoying the car, in spite of these changes? I’m certainly looking forward to getting back to iDrive and the favourite buttons that I find invaluable and a genius idea that I’m surprised that all manufacturers don’t adopt. Also looking forward to getting back to a BMW engine and transmission, as well as their tech. Doubtless there will be niggles (the lack of AutoHold will no doubt take some adjustment) but hopefully less than the Tiguan.

#157292 Reply
    Bob

Hello, Glos Guy, Yes I am still enjoying the car, had it ten days and covered 900 miles mainly motorway M6 to Scotland ,Averaged 40.5 mpg in comfort mode. I forgot to mention folding mirrors when locking the car and dipping passenger mirror (non adjustable) in reverse.Instrument cluster will also display mph in bottom of display. I too added package including wireless charging only so I could have the reversing camera. I haven’t been out in the dark so I can’t tell you about the adaptive headlights.. Auto hold isn’t a problem, when I pull up at traffic lights I just leave it in drive and apply the electric parking brake. The brake will release automatically when you drive off.As far as music is concerned I don’t have an iPhone, just an old PAYG android for emergencies so wireless charging is of no use to me (in fact, I negotiated the package at cost price £750 because the camera was the deal breaker) Instead I have my music on a usb stick plugged in just below the 12v socket in the front stowage in front of the gear selector.As usual the seats are comfortable even without the optional lumbar support.But the main USP is my wife feels safe in the car(usually a very nervous passenger). Enjoy your new car!

#157293 Reply
    struth
    Participant

disappointed the x1 doesn’t have auto handbrake. i find that very usefull and labour saving; same goes for a reverse camera.

the one thing i like about the Toyota is its level of kit. still i will continue to see if i can find something suitible or ask for another year on the car i have. much depends on covid tbh as ive still not had my second jab thanks to nhs scotland cocking the whole thing up. thanks very much nicola

#157296 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Hello, Glos Guy, Yes I am still enjoying the car, had it ten days and covered 900 miles mainly motorway M6 to Scotland ,Averaged 40.5 mpg in comfort mode. I forgot to mention folding mirrors when locking the car and dipping passenger mirror (non adjustable) in reverse.Instrument cluster will also display mph in bottom of display. I too added package including wireless charging only so I could have the reversing camera. I haven’t been out in the dark so I can’t tell you about the adaptive headlights.. Auto hold isn’t a problem, when I pull up at traffic lights I just leave it in drive and apply the electric parking brake. The brake will release automatically when you drive off.As far as music is concerned I don’t have an iPhone, just an old PAYG android for emergencies so wireless charging is of no use to me (in fact, I negotiated the package at cost price £750 because the camera was the deal breaker) Instead I have my music on a usb stick plugged in just below the 12v socket in the front stowage in front of the gear selector.As usual the seats are comfortable even without the optional lumbar support.But the main USP is my wife feels safe in the car(usually a very nervous passenger). Enjoy your new car!

Bob – Are you saying that it doesn’t have electric folding mirrors? I felt sure that the demonstrators that we drove did (and they didn’t have electric seats). If it’s like my previous 5 Series they don’t fold automatically when you lock the car (as they do with the Tiguan) but once you’ve locked the car you press and hold the lock button again and they fold in. Also, the dipping passenger mirror in reverse only works when the window control switch is set to one side (drivers side, I think) although you probably know all of this. Thankfully, as we have a large garage and when out usually park in disabled bays rather than against kerbs, neither would be show stoppers for us, but I’d obviously rather have these features than not.

I will do as you do re the parking brake and in fact I did this during the test drives, but it’s not as good or hassle free as proper AutoHold and I think it’s penny pinching not having it on the X1, especially as modern day BMW’s are now well equipped as standard. I felt that the speed display in the instrument cluster was too low down for me (I’m 6ft 2) and in fact the instrument cluster seemed very small, so I’ve also treated myself to Head-Up Display which will pretty much render the instrument cluster redundant. I’ve driven a couple of BMW’s with it and absolutely loved it.

We are fortunate that fuel economy can be quite low down on our list of priorities for a car, but if we can get anywhere near 40mpg I would be delighted as it means less fuel stops! I forgot to mention that the fuel tank on the Tiguan is quite small so range is poor for a diesel.

#157298 Reply
    Bob

Hi glos guy, yes , looked like I misled you in the way I replied. You are quite right, the mirrors do fold after locking the car by repressing  the lock button. I envy you with the HUD, couldn’t justify the expense. Another think I also regret not having is tinted windows at the rear. The car looks naked with the oyster upholstery. May have a word with motability re tinting.

#157299 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Hi glos guy, yes , looked like I misled you in the way I replied. You are quite right, the mirrors do fold after locking the car by repressing the lock button. I envy you with the HUD, couldn’t justify the expense. Another think I also regret not having is tinted windows at the rear. The car looks naked with the oyster upholstery. May have a word with motability re tinting.

Thanks for clarifying Bob. I’ve gone for the Sun Protection Glass (as much for the styling as anything) as well as Technology Packs 1 and 2. We also added Sport Seats having test driven one X1 with standard seats and another one with sport seats. I was concerned that they might be too firm on long journeys, but I was fine during the 3 hours that we had the car on test and my wife said that they were significantly better for her. I got around £800 discount in total off the AP and options, so it will still cost less than we paid for the Tiguan, given that we had to add leather to that at silly cost, whereas it’s standard on the X1 (and is far better quality leather as well).

#158904 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Update on the ridiculous Electric Kona, longest trip yet on Friday to get a gearbox fixed for one of our aircraft, Wiltshire to Preston and Manchester, then off back home, left with 97% charge and refuelled in Manchester as it was free to 93%. Got home with 45% left in the battery, 454 miles, at 5,5 miles/kW (Equates to 352 mile range)  Coming up to 8800 miles since April, and loving it.  Total fuel bill to date £259.33

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#158954 Reply
    joss

Wow that is really good to read @Intranicity. I seen one on the road and it looks great. Now at the top of my list.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#160319 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

BMW X1 Review

Feedback on the first week (and 400 miles) in our BMW X1 20i X-Line xDrive, which replaced a 2018 VW Tiguan 2.0 TDi 190PS SEL DSG.

Engine Noise (or lack of it) – The 2.0i petrol engine is near silent. In fact, the interior fan on its quietest setting is louder than the engine!

Balance of Performance versus Economy – BMW are masters of this. The 2.0i petrol engine mated with an 8 speed auto and 4WD all combine to make this a quick or leisurely car (depending on your mood) and a joy to drive. Running costs aren’t a major consideration for us, but It’s also incredibly economical for such a powerful car. The Tiguan (similar power, also 4WD & Auto) averaged only 38mpg – and that was a diesel! In the X1, on similar journeys, I am averaging low 40’s, so better economy from a BMW petrol than a comparable VW diesel and, of course, petrol is marginally cheaper. The X1 also has a bigger fuel tank than the Tiguan, so coupled with the improved mpg has a range of around 550 miles, which is over 100 miles more than the diesel Tiguan.

High Quality Interior – The car has a definite ‘premium’ look and feel and is a very nice environment to be in. Following the mid life facelift it no longer feels like a ‘budget BMW’, which was a reason why we dismissed it when we changed in 2018. The combination of proper leather seats with contrast stitching, leather look dashboard and trim, ambient lighting, large screen infotainment, high quality trim materials (door bins aside), good standard equipment (on the X-Line) and rock solid build quality all conspire to make it a first class environment.

Suspension – Perfect set up that further enhances the premium feel of the car. In the Tiguan you felt every bump in the road and the car was easily unsettled, sometimes quite noticeably. In the X1 you hear the tyres patter over poor surfaces but only feel the most significant bumps and, even then, far less than you would in the Tiguan. There’s none of the pitching and rolling that tends to come with cars with such compliant rides.

iDrive – Easy to see why all car reviewers are united in saying that BMW’s iDrive is the best infotainment system that there is. No argument from me having tired many of them. It has full touchscreen functionality but everything is also available through a rotary dial between the seats (turn, twist, push to select), which is significantly easier (and safer) to use on the move than touchscreen only systems.

Favourite Buttons – A genius idea and I don’t know why all manufacturers don’t adopt this. Pretty much any function available through iDrive can be saved to each of 8 numbered buttons and you can change the programming of them at will. For example, 1 for Navigate Home, 2 for Phone Home, 3 for BBC Radio 2, 4 for Amazon Music, 5 for tyre pressures etc. In these days of touchscreens and vast infotainment menus, this simple ‘one touch’ approach for all the features that you use most frequently is a major safety and convenience feature.

Sat Nav and Real Time Traffic Info – Sharp and detailed mapping (3D buildings in built up areas) and pinpoint accurate real time traffic info are just two of dozens of areas where the BMW system is far superior to the VW setup.

Head-Up Display – An expensive option but I absolutely love it. Pretty much renders the instrument cluster redundant, as all relevant info is projected directly on to the windscreen (not a little pop-up panel like VW and Ford use) and, as a result, it looks as though it’s on the road ahead of you. A great safety feature and also adds to the driving experience, especially with your speed, current speed limit and turn by turn navigation instructions all directly in your line of vision. You can tailor what additional info (if any) you want to see from quite a list.

Adaptive Headlights – Another option but far superior to the ones used on the Tiguan. Near instantaneous operation of both the High Beam Assist and the matrix system that ‘cuts out’ oncoming traffic whilst leaving the rest of the beam on full. The Tiguan setup was just far too slow to react and became very irritating as a result.

My BMW App – Easy to setup and good functionality. Useful to be able to check the status of the car, including fuel range, and to switch the fans on remotely (or set a timer) so that the car isn’t stuffy when you get back into it on a hot day. Forgetful folk can also double check that the vehicle is locked, that all doors and windows are closed and where the car is via detailed maps!

Boot Space – My wife’s wheelchair goes in with ease and there’s a huge compartment underneath the boot floor (almost like a second boot) for everything else. The boot floor folds up, concertina like, to enable access to this under floor area without having to remove it. Much better setup than the Tiguan.

DISLIKES

Slight ‘lumpiness’ at low speed / rpm – I’m probably being ultra nit picky as my wife can’t feel it, but at low speeds / revs there’s a very slight ‘lumpiness’ in the engine or transmission (can’t work out which) when you ease off the throttle. Difficult to describe and I’m sure that 90% of people wouldn’t notice it, but I can! My previous BMW’s (3, 5 and 7 Series) didn’t do it and, to be fair, neither did the Tiguan. In normal driving it’s ultra smooth, but I just notice it at very low speeds on a light throttle.

Road Noise on poor surfaces – The biggest negative of the X1 and something that we knew about before ordering, so no surprise. All cars transmit more noise into the cabin when you are on a concrete / coarse section of road, but the X1 is noisier than most, including our Tiguan. Oddly,  on smoother / tarmac surfaces there is no road noise at all and the car is near silent, so it’s odd that road noise from concrete or rough surfaces penetrates the cabin so noticeably. I would strongly advise against opting for 19” alloys as the noise would be even worse (I think that the standard 18” ones look better anyway).

No Auto Hold – A major omission. Again, we knew about it, so no surprise, but it’s rubbish that it’s not on the X1. You have to remember to apply the electronic handbrake when you come to a halt at traffic lights (it releases automatically when you drive off) or sit with your foot on the brake, neither of which is as effective or convenient as Auto-Hold. Hopefully it will appear on the all new 2022 model.

Seat Comfort – The jury is still out on this one. We opted for the Sport Seats, which add a tilt function and adjustable under thigh support over the standard seats. The drivers sport seat also adds electrically adjustable side bolsters. My wife thinks that the seats are absolutely superb. For me (being a lot bigger and heavier) they are a bit too firm. I might get more used to them over time, and one advantage of the firmer seats is that getting in and out of the car is easier, but on balance I think that I prefer the seats in the Tiguan.

No CD drive – I know that everything is digital these days and most of the time when in the car I listen to the radio, but I do like having the option to play a CD from time to time. Amazon Music works well directly through iDrive but sound quality is much weaker if accessed through Apple Car Play.

Instrument Cluster – The instrument cluster is tiny and low down and when I have the seat and steering wheel set for me (I’m 6ft 2) the bottom of the screen is obscured by the steering column. Thankfully, with Head-Up display this isn’t an issue (as the instrument cluster becomes redundant), but if I hadn’t opted for HUD it would irritate me.

Overall, whilst the X1 has a few shortcomings, it feels a significantly better car than the Tiguan in many respects and, given the limited choice that we have with Motability these days, I don’t think that we could have got anything better (for us). We wanted something better quality than the Tiguan, which we have achieved. The Audi Q3 and Mercedes GLA engines were too small for us and neither of us liked the Volvo XC40. I’m incredibly relived that I added the options that I did, as they have all made a huge and positive difference to both the functionality and enjoyment of the car. I’m happy to answer any questions that those considering a BMW X1 may have and here are some pics for those who haven’t seen it on the separate X1 thread.

#160325 Reply
    joss

@Glos Guy

Great revue GG. Covers everything and looks very nice indeed. You get way more kit with the R-line by the looks of it, and when i viewed it on line at BMW web site. It will be interesting to see what 2022 brings to the X1.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#160330 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

Very good review Glos Guy.  Interesting to read about your fuel consumption, better than I thought. Might have to reconsider looking at the petrol x1, my X1sport Xdrive 2.0 d is averageing 47. 1mpg over the last 3 years.

One point of interest I thought the petrol had a 7 speed auto box and the diesel had a 8 speed box?

Totally agree with you on everything you said. Seats do get better /softy as you use them.

#160333 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Very good review Glos Guy. Interesting to read about your fuel consumption, better than I thought. Might have to reconsider looking at the petrol x1, my X1sport Xdrive 2.0 d is averageing 47. 1mpg over the last 3 years. One point of interest I thought the petrol had a 7 speed auto box and the diesel had a 8 speed box? Totally agree with you on everything you said. Seats do get better /softy as you use them.

Thanks. The fuel economy can be even better. I did a 40 mile round trip motorway journey at 70mph and achieved 45mpg. Best I’ve had on a journey is 47mpg. Amazing for a high powered petrol engine with 4WD. As for the auto, it’s 7 speed on the 2WD and an 8 speed ‘Sports Auto’ on the 4WD. Absolutely no idea why. You still have a separate sport mode and manual shift options through the gearstick or steering wheel paddles. The 8-speed is meant to be the better gearbox (according to reviews) but I don’t see how. All the 7 speed BMW autos I have driven have been perfect. I wondered if the low rev lumpiness was the auto, but I tried it in manual mode and it still did it. As I say, it’s minor, but I’ve probably driven around 30 BMW’s and never noticed it before (most were bigger cars though). Maybe, like the seats, it will smooth out through use!

#160339 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

Thanks Glos Guy. I didn’t know that about the 2wd only having the 7 speed box. Shows you can learn something every day. The  lumpiness might be the box, do you get it in the different drive modes? I do get a lag in eco mode occasionally it’s not a lumpiness as such just a lag.

#160340 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Thanks Glos Guy. I didn’t know that about the 2wd only having the 7 speed box. Shows you can learn something every day. The lumpiness might be the box, do you get it in the different drive modes? I do get a lag in eco mode occasionally it’s not a lumpiness as such just a lag.

I tried it in manual mode, so don’t think it’s the auto box. Will try the various drive modes as I usually drive in Eco Pro, although I often forget to engage it (wish you could set it as default). As I say, it only does it at low speeds and revs, such as when driving down my road. No issues at all in normal driving.

#160344 Reply
    Shellie

Fab review @glos guy we are looking forward to getting ours not long now hopefully!

#160462 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

No surprises there Glos Guy. -all familiar territory, except  the low rev lumpiness is an odd one.  Never experienced anything like thar. The tune on the newer B48 engines is different to what we had though. Manufacturers seem to be constantly revising mapping. So could it an engine issue rather than gearbox?

#160466 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

No surprises there Glos Guy. -all familiar territory, except the low rev lumpiness is an odd one. Never experienced anything like thar. The tune on the newer B48 engines is different to what we had though. Manufacturers seem to be constantly revising mapping. So could it an engine issue rather than gearbox?

I think you might be correct there Wigwam. Possibly the continual drive to reduce emissions and improve economy has taken its toll on refinement. Haven’t used the car for a few days as had a nasty accident on Saturday (me, not the car), but am planning on driving over 100 miles tomorrow so will see what it’s like. How’s the XC40?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 115 total)
Reply To: Reply #156599 in Motability Car Reviews
Your information: