Most Small Petrol Automatics Gone

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Pg 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #114361 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Motability list Picanto automatic, but production ceased and none left. New Hyundai i10 not on scheme, no auto petrol  VW up!. OK there is Fiat 500 and Suzuki Ignis.

Shame that smallest automatics are becoming a thing of the past, some need them.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #114366 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

That’s a really good point @smallcar. I would have thought that small auto’s are a huge niche for Motability.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#114369 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

All to do with economics I think.

#114384 Reply

Abercol
    Participant

Manufacturers are culling small inefficient autos and small cars in general to meet the new EU emissions regs, expect small cars to go electric or just vanish in the next few years.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#114414 Reply

Bandit
    Participant

Small hatches are already the first wave of EV or HEV and they’re all going to be auto of some sort, so in the longer run I don’t think you’ll go short of choices. Let’s be honest, it’s not exactly a true picture of anything anywhere in the world atm.

#114438 Reply

Pg

Less small engine petrol autos and under25s are sidelined even more, with the insurance groups becoming more inflated and cars having more BHP I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s less than 100 autos for U25s in the next 3/4 years.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Most Small Petrol Automatics Gone

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: