Most popular Motability vehicle 2020

• Creator
    Topic
  • #130937 Reply
    HammerHead
    Participant

Hi Everyone and Merry Xmas 🙂

Lets have a poll… Rate your current moto vehicle on a scale of 1 to 10 and lets see which ‘Fayres’ best.

I will go first…

Nissan X Trail 1.7 Dci Tekna 4WD Manual 7 seats – 9

If we can get to 100 ‘hits’, I will tabulate and rank.

Have fun.

HH

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #130953 Reply
    joss

A merry Christmas to you HammerHead 🎅

BMW X2 Sport 2.0i Auto S-Drive + Sports Pack.    Score 9

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#130957 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Merry Christmas     VW Golf 1.5 tsi dsg sat nav 130 bhp. Score 9

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#130966 Reply
    file28
    Participant

Nadolig Llawen

Seat Ateca 2.0tsi FR Black Edition  DSG,4drive

Score 9

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat Ateca FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#130970 Reply
    Martinod

Volvo XC60 awd 65 plate

#130974 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Martinod we need your score

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#130978 Reply
    Tharg

Mini 3 door hatch Cooper S. 9 points.

#130979 Reply
    Russ

Tiguan Allspace Match 4motion 70 plate.

#130983 Reply
    JohnGills
    Participant

Although happy with the drive of my Peugeot 3008 SUV 2.0 bluehdi GT Line I was exceedingly disappointed that after 2 years (at a service) they found an oil leak “from the gearbox area, leaking from sensor side of gearbox requires reseal”. This repair (£414) did not cost me or motability anything as covered by the warranty. But such a gearbox leak means a score of just 6.

#130986 Reply
    c2clo
    Participant

Merry Christmas to you all

Seat Tarraco 2.0 TSi 190 DSG Xcellence 4Drive  (5 weeks old) score 9

SEAT Tarraco 2.0TSi 190 4Drive Excellence with Pano Roof and leather seats!

#130993 Reply
    Azzy

Seat Leon Fr150 4/10

terrible road noise, speakers blew after a year – still not fixed.

multiple issues with heating, A/C, gearbox slipping – All still not fixed after 3 years as the never can seem to find a problem

#130995 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Honda Civic 1.5l Turbo vtec Sport Cvt (20 plate)

A big phat 10 from me

It has surpassed all my expectations and then some. Allround It’s the best car i’ve had on the scheme so far. Plus when you use the paddles the full beast of the vtec is released all 182bhp and i’m like is this really a 1.5l engine, but drive it in normal mode and it is so smooth, it glides along, it’s two cars in one.

Not everyones choice that’s for sure as it’s very low but that make it handle so well and the suspension is not ultra hard, plus the boot is huge compared to my old golf mk7 match edition which i’d only have give an 8.

#131003 Reply
    Michael

Vw T Roc R Line 1.5 dsg  10

Drives great, no problems holds the road really well, plenty of room, easily overtake when required, acceleration fast,.

#131007 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Azzy complain to motability that it hasn’t been fixed and you’ve tried etc could cancel it and get your full AP back

my current car is the 3008, at the time I was u25 (it used to be on u25s) and it was the best option, great interior, spacious etc, had a small screen issue it kept restarting but that got sorted in the end, will be ordering a 5008 in jan depending on APs / any other new additions

final 3008 score – 8.5

#131008 Reply
    Azzy

Thesuvguy,

ive complained but it fell on deaf ears unfortunately, thank goodness my new car arrives next week, especially because of the heating issue.

I’ve had enough of this car, the last couple of months I’ve had constant warnings on the dash, Seat had a look cleared the codes and when I was driving back home warnings came on again, I didn’t even bother rebooking it I cba.
    Today I scratched the front bumper on a wall when parking (my fault) but I literally just shrugged my shoulders and walked away.

#131011 Reply
    Pete Darbyshire

Focus estate 1.5 eco boost 182 auto 6 purely because of electronic gremlins.

#131013 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

2019 X2 – Firm suspension with good damping, superb interior space, wonderful LED headlights, great driving dynamics, average refinement (‘meh’-worthy road noise) and great fuel economy (43mpg) = 9 points from me.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#131016 Reply
    Paul

Volvo xc60 se lux nav  66 plate. Score 9 points. Be changing after 5 years sept 2021,will be sad to see it go and not looking forward to finding the next car ,goimg by the choice and prices were seeing currently.

#131023 Reply
    HammerHead
    Participant

@ Martinod @ Russ – score please ?

Thanks

#131026 Reply
    Bowly101
    Participant

Good thread Hammerhead, I’m sure the results will be a good read!

I’ve had my Volvo XC40 B4 R Design Pro for only 5 weeks, but it’s now done over 1000 miles so I can score it on early performance.

I love the drive, the looks, the comfort, the performance, the standard kit, the stop/start efficiency, the ease of getting in and out, the banging Harmon Kardon hifi, and the safety aspect of any Volvo.

So far, I don’t much like the brakes (don’t have much feel and require way more pressure than I’d expected, they do stop well though. Maybe something to do with the battery recharge aspect of a mild hybrid), and I don’t like the cheap feel to the steering bump stops (I know, really nit picking, but I can’t say I’ve ever noticed the lock to lock stops on any car before so they must be bad! 😳). You know a car is pretty good when plastic feeling bump stops are even mentioned 😆.

Score : 9/10

#131027 Reply
    Tony Langford

Volvo XC60 R-Design D4

would love to give it a 10 but it was my partners turn to choose the colour and she chose butt ugly red! Have hated the c9lour from day one. However, after 4.5 years (extended lease) this car has given me no problems whatsoever. Big car can fit all 4 of us in plus the dog and loads of extra stuff a family carry, and still has the pull to overtake and goes round bends like it’s on rails. Due to change by July and like Paul will be sad to see it go. Paid £1250 ap on a deal when I got it, now an XC40 b4 will cost me £3000 ap…. wtf! Oh and I also forgot to say, I have Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis and I find a lot of car seats difficult, the volvo’s seats are so comfortable, sometimes when at home and struggling to get comfortable I’m tempted to go sit in the car!

#131038 Reply
    Landyman

Merry Xmas all.

BMW X1 2.0d sport Xdrive very close to a ten. It’s a 9.5

#131042 Reply
    Markymate

Ba Humbug!!!   Happy Christmas all

Skoda Kodiaq SE L 1.4TSi DSG  Covers all my needs and more. It has to be a 9.5 (Deducted half a point because it’s a big motor to clean LOL!!!)

#131047 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Toyota C-HR Dynamic 1.2 turbo (non-hybrid version – no longer available in UK).

Had the car almost 3-years (I can choose my next car from tomorrow in fact) and it has been an absolute joy to own in that time. By far the most comfortable car I’ve driven in 40+ years of driving. It has never missed a beat… never had a single issue… and the looks are still, to this day, far nicer than almost anything else on the road in my eyes. A lovely ride, good height, not too big & it is packed with every piece of technology you can name! I have never used the parking function in all this time… although I am tempted to – just the once – before it goes back lol.

It is most worthy & deserving of a score of 9.5

#131051 Reply
    Martinod

Volvo XC60 awd 65 plate I’ll give it a 10 out of 10 iv had a few issues but it probably the best car ever it’s comfortable  seats are great iv had it extended about 3 or 4 times it was 5 years old in October and iv done 76000 miles . Having AWD means in the snow I can park close to my house and not need to park at the top of the street  , which is great as my walking at bad ,

Electric hand brake is on the right side of the steering wheel which is great as I need to use my right hand as I’m hemiplegic on my left and I can not use my left hand to operate the brake.

picking a new car issue difficulty because of the electric handbrake is the other side of the gear stick and using my right hand is very hard ….

#131065 Reply
    Russ

Love the Allspace 2.0

Comfortable and very good on Diesel.  Far better than my old Seat Leon FR ST 1.4 petrol.

10/10 so far.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
Reply To: Most popular Motability vehicle 2020
Your information: