Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Running Cost

• Creator
    Topic
  • #121149 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Since the 19th July (14 days) I have covered 430 mile in our Outlander PHEV all of our drives are local except for two 72  (144) miles journey to see the grandson,  to date to travel those 430 miles we have spent £5.70 on electric and less than a litre of petrol, total cost £6.82

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Oscarmax.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #123033 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I have never used or actually seen a public charging point for some reason they are as rare as hens teeth in our area, I was under the impression these charging point charge around £0.35 kWh our PHEV is now were kWh energy efficient as a pure hybrid at £0.35 kWh it is cheaper for us to press the charge button and burn a little petrol whilst driving, plus I don’t have a charging lead.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#123055 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

The main place I come across Outlander PHEVs charging is at supermarket charging posts, the 7kW variety although I think you’d only pull 3.6kW? There’s not even an AC port on most of the latest rapid chargers.

I think that with the charging at home you’d never get a return on the investment of a new type 1 to type 2 charge cable, although you can pick them up secondhand on the bay of e upon occasion.

#123057 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

The main place I come across Outlander PHEVs charging is at supermarket charging posts, the 7kW variety although I think you’d only pull 3.6kW? There’s not even an AC port on most of the latest rapid chargers. I think that with the charging at home you’d never get a return on the investment of a new type 1 to type 2 charge cable, although you can pick them up secondhand on the bay of e upon occasion.

We have considered a type one charging lead (our Podpoint is tethered) our local Tesco’s supermarket is only 5 miles away, but does not have a charging point, and yes you are right our PHEV is only 3.6kW, we cant really justify a lead.

#125266 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

We have just returned from holiday towing our caravan to the New Forest, still pleased with the Outlander no problems at all the car has not missed a beat, we towed 178miles without having to stop for a change the seating is so comfortable.

So far the PHEV has covered 2563miles including towing 750 mile our total running cost including electric £179.94, which compare very well against our previous Ford Kuga 2.0 diesel 150bhp powershift which was a very reliable and economical car to run, to cover the same distance costing £360.53.

Overall we have saved £180.59, for September our total fuel bill including towing and 3 week holiday running around £54.15, last month because we did not tow our caravan our fuel bill £16.16

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Running Cost
Your information: