mitsubishi outlander phev is it worth getting

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar ChrisK 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #90734 Reply
    martino

Mitsubishi outlander phev is it worth getting, iv been looking at cars on youtube all week iv got volvo xc60 and my lease ends soon id love to keep it because its greeeeat but need to get a new one. i need 4×4 and want to try n keep my running costs down . So was thinking on Mitsubishi outlander phev if i was to drive slow could i run it on electric only , most of my daily driving is to local Asda and dropping and picking up my children mostly locally .

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #90762 Reply
    Adam
    Participant

best to have a test drive and see if you like it

i have a Mitsubishi Mirage  and has never gone wrong so they are reliable

Mitsubishi is a bit underrated as a car brand

#90810 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

At one stage I was considering a Mitsubishi PHEV and are a member of the forum.

(a) realistically you are looking at a maximum electric only range of 25 miles, unfortunately it has been reported this range drops off, requiring a reset.

(b) If you run on electric all the time the 12v starter battery depletes, you need to do petrol mode runs to charge the system.

(c) In winter you could be looking at 15 miles electric only range.

(d) Running in petrol mode only expect high fuel consumption.

I am also a member of the Toyota RAV4 hybrid forum members are claiming high 40 to 50 mpg using this self charging hybrid , the advantage overall better fuel consumption than the Mitsubishi PHEV, no requirement for a home designated charging point (£250), plus the RAV4 range from £2000 -£3200 are a far higher spec than the PHEV which only come in the very basic form.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#90811 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

@oscarmax

The Outlander PHEV has been updated and the trim lines changed, new trims on the Scheme are the base level Verve and the next trim line up Design which adds a little more kit:

Verve trim offers DAB radio, heated front seats, dual-zone climate control, keyless operation, rear parking sensors, a rear spoiler, cruise control, electric folding door mirrors, LED DRLs, headlamps washers, automatic headlamps, rains sensing wipers, auto-dimming rear view mirror and a programmable climate control system which can warm or cool the car in advance of a journey.

Design trim adds 18-inch alloy wheels, Mitsubishi’s new eight-inch Smartphone Line Display Audio (SDA) system with smartphone integration (Apple CarPlay and Android Auto), a more intuitive interface than the outgoing version and integrated reversing camera display.

#90837 Reply
    martino

hi is Toyota RAV4 hybrid 4wd i looked on motability website and they all say 2wd im a bit confused

#90839 Reply
    Macca

You’ll find 2 prices each for both the Design and Excel, the higher price for each are hge Awd. But you’re right, the motability site doesn’t make it clear, but the Toyota site does …

https://www.toyota.co.uk/motability/motability-pricelist?gclsrc=aw.ds&&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=OEM-UK-EN-B-CarType-Motability-xx-GOO-EXACT&utm_term=toyota+motability+price+list&gclid=Cj0KCQjwivbsBRDsARIsADyISJ9KASsvMpgQfr4UUOti9UdF09mge-b4MDKktS8AjASGjjK6SLowdkAaAtsAEALw_wcB

#90842 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

The Outlander PHEW was one of a very few that I had a good look at last year and I would have loved this car I’m sure as 70% of my driving could have been done all electric but was let down by the boot space but that pre-heating the car would have been a dream come true.

The petrol and diesel version would be OK in holding a fully assembled pavement scooter with hoist but because the PHEW has electric motors under the boot floor they restricted the space there in, that and the middle row seats or back seats as it is in the PHEW are fixed so don’t tilt and slide that gives these sort of cars that extra bit of versatility.

I never seen the face lift version but assume those thing that put a stop to me getting one still exist but I’ve think there’s a completely new model coming in 21 about the time I renew so hoping for better things from the much loved but never driven Outlander PHEW.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: mitsubishi outlander phev is it worth getting

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: