Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and Dealers

• This topic has 29 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Karenj.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #147368 Reply
    Rich

We need to order a new car (current one has already been extended) and are looking at the Outlander PHEV Dynamic providing we like the test drive. Has anyone gone from a BMW X1 (diesel) to one, how did you find it?

The nearest dealers to us are Hemel Hempstead, Edgware and Maidenhead. We could also visit Norwich as we’re up that way a lot. Has anyone used these, had a good or bad experience?

From what I have found I won’t get any discount on the AP and they don’t do add-ons. So I’m just looking for a dealer who has a good Motability department.

Also, I know a wall charger is best but has anyone used just the granny charger via an outside socket without any problems? I’ll be getting one connected to the fusebox and not spurred off an existing socket.

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #148675 Reply
    Karenj

Just done some quick maths, I’d estimate 110 mpg, which doesn’t include electric charges and bearing in mind I’m still getting used to how to drive it best.

#154356 Reply
    Rich
    Participant

Well the Guildford dealer didn’t get back to us. We had to chase them up about test driving one and they said they’ll let us know, which they didn’t!

In Norfolk this week so contacted the Norwich branch and they said the Outlander PHEV is now out of stock. But if it is why have Mitsubishi just advertised £150 off the AP for the Verve!

Looks like we’ve missed out though.

#154381 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Just done some quick maths, I’d estimate 110 mpg, which doesn’t include electric charges and bearing in mind I’m still getting used to how to drive it best.

That about right  electric and fuel cost £423.75 over nearly 12 months and 5600 miles, 1300 miles of them towing a 1500 kg caravan 113mpg, once you get more experienced with that regenerative system you should see an improvement.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#154460 Reply
    Karenj

It’s the best car we have ever had by a long way. Such a shame mitsubishi have pulled out. Let’s hope it’s not long term and the new face lifted version comes back into the UK. I think my view is tainted to the positive by the sheer comfortableness and quietness of the car.

For context we have had several Mercedes c classes,  Audi a3, bmw 3 series se, bmw 5 series msport. And a freelander. When I could still work it was for an excellent German firm with a great car list.

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and Dealers
Your information: