Mitsubishi Outlander

• Creator
    Topic
  • #103837 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

I was at a Mitsubishi dealer yesterday and he said that they have loads pre-built and can have you on the road in 14 days.  This includes the PHEV.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #104320 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

‘In fact there are no factory fit optional extras – only dealer fit stuff like parking sensors and trim enhancements.’

I was told exactly the same thing.

#104329 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Front sensor  £400, rear sensors £350, or £750 for the lot,

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#104333 Reply
    Colin
    Participant

I would double-check on the rear ones – I believe Motability require all vehicles to have them

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#104336 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

The Design version has rear sensors as standard, you’d only be adding the front if required.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#104338 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I would double-check on the rear ones – I believe Motability require all vehicles to have them

In the brochures it states rear camera in place of rear sensors, I did ask the Motability salesman he informed me No because it had a camera instead, I am thinking about contacting another Mitsubishi dealer, unfortunately they are few and far between around here.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#104369 Reply
    roly
    Participant

The Design version has rear sensors as standard, you’d only be adding the front if required.

No, the current 20my Design spec has a rear camera in lieu of rear sensors. The problem with a camera is that it doesn’t give an audible indication of distance.

#104372 Reply
    roly
    Participant

In the brochures it states rear camera in place of rear sensors, I did ask the Motability salesman he informed me No because it had a camera instead, I am thinking about contacting another Mitsubishi dealer, unfortunately they are few and far between around here.

That is correct – if you look at the bottom of the current Mitsubishi Motability price list it states that rear sensors are provided when the car doesn’t already have rear sensors or a rear camera.

#104376 Reply
    Colin
    Participant

Are you sure? It wouldn’t be difficult for Mitsubishi to add an auto alert if the camera senses something close. Might be worth asking it is makes any noise or not. I’m not suggesting it’d be an optional extra but I know from The Nissan Rogue i rented in the USA it came up red on the screen if you’re too close. I can’t remember specifically if it was making any noise.

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#104381 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

I find the crunching sound to be quite useful to let me know I’m too close 😨🤔😱

#104424 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

@roly

I see that you posted this:

The 4H I had on test drive had the rear camera but made no noise  at all.

I am sorry that it did not show up, it appears to be a slight glitch which is (hopefully) rectified.

#104492 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Passing the Mitsubishi dealers this morning just to try my mobility scooter and walker in the cars boot, originally I was told Pearl white no extra charge only the special red diamond £240.

Looks like today the prices have changed solid Pearl white now £240 and red diamond £340?, wife asked about a test drive was told only once you have your letter from the Motability that way you can save time and order the car, and waiting time 4 to 5 weeks. To say we are a little annoyed is an understatement.

The other local dealer who is only slightly further away no problem totally different attitude, Pearl white no extra cost plus willing to give a discount if we chose to have a factory fitted towbar.

#104508 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Is it me, but I am getting the feeling just lately dealership have little or no interest in Motability customer, I looked at Kia, totally ignored, Local VW half hearted, local Mitsubishi dealer one salesman interest, but the Motability salesman again less than interested. I never used to be like this. The only who showed any enthusiasm was the local Toyota dealership, unfortunately Motability dropped the RAV4.

It’s not just you, it’s the individual dealerships, some are interested some you just won’t get served at all…

I went through 3 disinterested Hyundai dealers recently, then the 4th one was welcoming, instant test drive of an Ioniq Electric, etc.

Local Pug dealer are good, always get served, invited to the new 208 & 2008 viewing, & whilst we were in a 2008  chatting it emerged that the dealership is taking on Hyundai in about 4 weeks too so they will be in contact as they try to ply me with either an Ioniq Electric or the e-2008. They also do a variety of other makes on the same large site in Epsom, I found them after I’d moved & Motability sent me in my C4 Grand Picasso to have the last service/MOT there.

#104511 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

That sounds like a good dealership, I wish they were all like that, I think there should be some kind of scoring system for them nationally so you know before you even set off where to go and where to avoid, maybe that might make the poor ones buck their ideas up (and adjust their attitudes towards the disabled)

#104523 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Passing the Mitsubishi dealers this morning just to try my mobility scooter and walker in the cars boot, originally I was told Pearl white no extra charge only the special red diamond £240. Looks like today the prices have changed  Pearl white now £240 and red diamond £340?, wife asked about a test drive was told only once you have your letter from the Motability that way you can save time and order the car, and waiting time 4 to 5 weeks. To say we are a little annoyed is an understatement. The other local dealer who is only slightly further away no problem totally different attitude, Pearl white no extra cost plus willing to give a discount if we chose to have a factory fitted towbar.

Found this on Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV site, Metallic and Pearl Finish no additional cost, Diamond finish £270.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.uk/buy/motability/outlander-phev

#105057 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Test drive tomorrow morning at 10.00 lets see how it goes

#105088 Reply
    roly
    Participant

Mitsubishi have just announced a new offer of 10,000 free EV miles over 2 years – subject to changing energy supplier to OVO (I have no idea what their tariffs are like price-wise).

They say it is available to retail and business customers, so I wonder if it also applies to Motability sales?

#105089 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Mitsubishi have just announced a new offer of 10,000 free EV miles over 2 years – subject to changing energy supplier to OVO (I have no idea what their tariffs are like price-wise). They say it is available to retail and business customers, so I wonder if it also applies to Motability sales?

Mitsubishi bought a 20% stake in OVO February last year so there the link.

Apart from that I know they were under observation of Ofgem for over charging and incorrect billing so sounds like a general run of the mill power company. 😁

They have there HQ here in Bristol and that’s about all I know about them.

#105092 Reply
    roly
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>According to the registration form on the Ovo website, the offer isn’t available to Motability customers.</p>

#105165 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Well had a test drive off the Outlander PHEV this morning, the Motability guy has not heard of the Ovo Mitsubshi offer.

We took the Outlander PHEV out for a 40 mile test drive, the Outlander had a 3/4 electric charge at the start of the test drive the heater was on throughout the test drive plus 20 or so miles into the journey the wife found how to turn off the electric heating seats which were on the highest setting off. (she did say it was lovely on her bad back) For the first 20 miles until the battery had run out we were achieving 124 mpg, on the way back on petrol only mode with the heating on, but electric seats off we still obtained 69 mpg.

We absolutely loved the Outlander smooth and comfortable, we were expecting a whining CVT gearbox like they keep highlighting in press report, nothing just seamless between electric and petrol mode. We later jumped back into our current Motability car the Ford Kuga 2.0 150 bhp diesel powershift, it felt like an agricultural tractor.

I think we are going to place an order Pearl White Outlander Design PHEV

#105167 Reply
    JS

Nice, I like the look of it and the New Sonysangsong thingy vinnie jones is advertising on tv at the moment.

#105169 Reply
    roly
    Participant

Good, glad you enjoyed.

Most press articles state that it has a CVT gearbox, when it doesn’t. It is just direct drive through fixed gearing.

Pearl white is my currently favoured colour too.

#105255 Reply
    Craig

Probably a daft question but with not having anywhere for an outside outlet would a plug in type hybrid be no good for me and would I need to go down the self charge route.

#105262 Reply
    roly
    Participant

A PHEV only makes financial sense if you can charge it regularly – be it a home charger or a charging point at the supermarket or other public location. If neither option works for you then yes a self-charging hybrid is probably a better option for you.

#105320 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Craig, I agree with Roly, our neighbour has a new Toyota Hybrid estate 1.8 they are achieving 60 + mpg without trying.

#105322 Reply
    Craig

Thanks guys that’s what I thought.

Some days I only do 6 to 10 miles a day so using EV power only would be good but still have 400 mile trips to see family so need a good mixture. Also big enough to get the dog in the boot and a decent ride height not too low.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 61 total)
Reply To: Mitsubishi Outlander
Your information: