Mitsubishi Outlander

• Creator
    Topic
  • #103837 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

I was at a Mitsubishi dealer yesterday and he said that they have loads pre-built and can have you on the road in 14 days.  This includes the PHEV.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #103842 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Thank you pillboy. The Outlander is on my list of possibles for change later this year. So if they still have stock then, I’ll know they’re not shifting. 😂

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#103850 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

It’s probably because it’s not a totally new model, but just a facelift with some improvements.

#103941 Reply
    roly
    Participant

I’ve booked a test drive in the PHEV this Sunday. Can’t change until May so will be able to place order 2nd week of Feb. I’ll enquire about stock levels as I don’t necessarily want a car that’s been sitting around at the dock yard for months.

I was looking at them 3 years ago too – even then the dealer said they had “every colour” available on about a 10 day delivery.

It’s possibly just the way Mitsubishi choose to operate – given the single engine / transmission choice and relatively small choice of colours, they have quite a small number of permutations hence not hugely costly to maintain a float stock in the UK. Unlike, for example, BMW where the permutations of a given model are endless.

#103948 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I cant change until near the end of May, I had a look yesterday, we fancy a pearl white design, we were told if you want to add parking sensor it is around £350, the posh metallic red about £240.

I have done some research on EC charging points, the Chargemaster have some bad reviews plus it is only 16amp, Podpoint have some very good reviews a 32 amp is £279.

I going to take attest drive in march, tell us how you get on.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#103949 Reply
    Colin
    Participant

Before you spend anything extra on a bigger charger, it’s worth checking what the car can actually take.  This is a quick reply from memory as I did look at the Outlander before ordering a Tiguan, but I seem to remember that it doesn’t benefit from high capacity chargers much. The charge time doesn’t decrease after a certain level of potential input

EDIT:
    Pretty sure there is no difference when connecting it to a 7 or 22 kw charger, both take around 3 1/2 hours for a 0-100% charge. There is a benefit over a 3kw charger as that’s around 5 hours but by a logic based guesstimate based on the above, anything over about 5kw won’t actually improve the time it takes to charge

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by Colin. Reason: Additional information
    • This reply was modified 9 months ago by Colin.

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#103971 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Colin,

The Outlander home charging is limit to 16 amp so as you say using a 32 amp charger will not charge it any quicker, however there is only £50 difference, if at a later date you charge to a EV or upcoming PHEV’S it will save you upgrading your charger.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#103986 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

Yes, the Outlander comes in two specs; Design, which is fairly basic and Exceed, which is top of the line.  So easy to keep a few weeks stock. They told me that accessories are fitted at the dealership.

#104175 Reply
    roly
    Participant

I going to take attest drive in march, tell us how you get on.

I had my test drive today – dealer let me pick it up in morning and return late afternoon. It was a MY19 4H model, not the MY20 Design currently available, so a few differences in spec (leather, electric tailgate, heated windscreen, etc) but nothing that bothers me. In fact, the electric tailgate is the slowest I’ve ever come across – so am pleased that it isn’t even an option.

Overall impressions were very good. The battery was more or less empty when I got it, so did all my driving on combination of engine and whatever charge the battery accumulated along the way. This included a stint on the motorway of running it in “charge” mode which got the battery charged up to 75% at one point. Overall I averaged 37.5mpg – this included motorway, dual carriage way and A roads.

It is obviously quite a large vehicle, so handling and general feel completely different to current car.

Given my normal daily driving distance and the fact I have off-road parking, it is more or less a no-brainer that this will work for me.

Android Auto (paired to my Samsung J3) worked very well for Sat Nav – it was very easy to ask for directions to “xx xx xx” (post code or street name) and the Voice Control button on the steering wheel integrates well with it.

It’s a thumbs up from me.

#104224 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

The petrol fuel consumption is about right I have copied a link from greenguide.co.uk, I am going to arrange a road test soon, what car are you driving at present, can you get all your gear in the Outlander PHEV

https://www.greencarguide.co.uk/car-reviews-and-road-tests/mitsubishi-outlander-phev-4wd-2019-review/

#104225 Reply
    roly
    Participant

I have a golf estate at the moment. Outlander bigger in all respects so no worries with space.

#104227 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I have a golf estate at the moment. Outlander bigger in all respects so no worries with space.

I drive a Ford Kuga so quite similar size, heated front seats and windscreen are standard on all PHEV models, I am getting quite excited last year I was so disappointed when the AP shoot up out of my reach.

My lease runs out on the 30th May 2020

#104228 Reply
    roly
    Participant

I don’t think the Design PHEV trim comes with a heated steering wheel – that is reserved for the top spec which isn’t available on Motability at the moment.

#104242 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I don’t think the Design PHEV trim comes with a heated steering wheel – that is reserved for the top spec which isn’t available on Motability at the moment.

No not heated steering wheel, heated windscreen standard.

#104244 Reply
    roly
    Participant

I don’t think the heated screen is standard on lower models. If you look at the Mitsubishi approved used car listings there are a few my2020 Design spec PHEVs there and they are all missing the button for the heated screen.

#104245 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I don’t think the heated screen is standard on lower models. If you look at the Mitsubishi approved used car listings there are a few my2020 Design spec PHEVs there and they are all missing the button for the heated screen.

Hi Roly,

Got the new brochure, heated windscreen standard.

#104254 Reply
    roly
    Participant

I hope you are right, as it is a great feature to have. However the heated screen is not featured in the specification table of the my2020 PHEV brochure I have got (printed September 2019), nor is the control button (lower centre dash) present on the my2020 Design spec cars I have seen.

Let’s hope I’m wrong.

#104260 Reply
    martino

i was told by a dealer that they have removed the heated windscreen on new models  but they use to have them

#104270 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I was told by the dealer last week plus its is also online heated front windscreen

#104275 Reply
    roly
    Participant

Dare I say that dealers often are not 100% in their knowledge. There were a number of errors in what the salesman told me yesterday. The Mitsubishi website is also contradictory in several places – for example it suggests that all models have full LED headlights – which they do not.

Fingers crossed you are right, but I’ve seen nothing to convince me yet.

#104277 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Dare I say that dealers often are not 100% in their knowledge. There were a number of errors in what the salesman told me yesterday. The Mitsubishi website is also contradictory in several places – for example it suggests that all models have full LED headlights – which they do not. Fingers crossed you are right, but I’ve seen nothing to convince me yet.

I have just received an email back from the salesman heated windscreen is an optional extra?

#104279 Reply
    Mike

Is the website telling fibs ?

#104287 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Is it me, but I am getting the feeling just lately dealership have little or no interest in Motability customer, I looked at Kia, totally ignored, Local VW half hearted, local Mitsubishi dealer one salesman interest, but the Motability salesman again less than interested. I never used to be like this.

The only who showed any enthusiasm was the local Toyota dealership, unfortunately Motability dropped the RAV4.

#104306 Reply
    roly
    Participant

Is the website telling fibs ?

It certainly is a little loose with some of the specification details.

#104307 Reply
    roly
    Participant

I have just received an email back from the salesman heated windscreen is an optional extra?

I would challenge them on that – according to the 20MY brochure, no such optional extra exists. In fact there are no factory fit optional extras – only dealer fit stuff like parking sensors and trim enhancements.

#104309 Reply
    Adam
    Participant

i have a mitsubishi mirage good car.

mitsubishi is a but underrated in my books

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 61 total)
Reply To: Mitsubishi Outlander
Your information: