MG HS vs XC40 dilemma

This topic contains 29 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118866 Reply

Mike T

Need some guidance re my next car choice. Need to order next week but unsure which car to pick. My top two picks after endless checks and test drives are the new MG HS exclusive DCT which is £999ap or the XC40 inscription auto T3 which is £1399. Both have many options but I am at that dilemma crossroads thinking do I go with the MG and endless extras or the Volvo for safety and build quality? Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mike T

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #118941 Reply

Susan

Menorca Mike, there‘s no options list and only 2 trim levels now. Also only one engine available in the U.K. so your choice is Excite or Exclusive (red or black leather on the Exclusive) , Manual or Auto and colour. Google image search is your friend. Look at the HS thread for more info.

#118942 Reply

Menorca Mike

Mitch many thanks done that link my goodness in red it looks fab love the red black seating will phone my dealer clock garage spondon Derby about it I’m due to pick up next March want to know build times on top of range model

#118966 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

I pass my local MG dealer several times a day and never really bother looking but after the threads on here I thought I’d pop in and have a look.

I have to say they aren’t what I expected, I really like how they look and the build quality does seem very good, a few of the lower plastics are more on the solid side but that is also the case on the volvo, regarding tech I can honestly say it had everything (top spec model) and the red leather was stunning, the cabin was a very nice place to sit and the seats were very comfortable with good support, if you had removed the badge from the steering wheel and put me in there I wouldn’t have been able to tell you what car I was in but I would have priced it at 30k+, I don’t know how they make it for so little money (tbh it’s still a lot of money but not compared to anything else).

I am looking for a folding powerchair soon so I can choose more normal cars in the future and this will definitely be high on my list.

#118971 Reply

Susan

I hadn’t given them any thought either but my dog walk takes me past a house that’s got a new ZS sat on the drive, immediately googled MG when I got home. I look at it every morning and think how nice it looks. Quite a few reviews including from owners on YouTube which I find more useful than the professional written reviews.

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
Reply To: MG HS vs XC40 dilemma

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: