Mg hs exclusive vs vw tiguan rline

• Creator
    Topic
  • #128081 Reply
    Tony

I’m picked those 2 cars out for my next mobility car  cannot make my mind up witch 1 is  best  can the forum please help.. both automatic…

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #128094 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Tony owners of the MG have had many problems on here I wouldn’t touch it

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#128095 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

The Tiguan is so far in front its just a dot on the horizon, No contest in my mind.

----------------------------
    Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist & scale modeller
    in my spare time

#128115 Reply
    Dante

I have a MG HS Exclusive auto since July. It is beautiful to look at internally  and externally & after having several SUVs in recent years – it’s the most comfortable SUV I’ve driven – most importantly good for & comforts my health conditions / disability.
    The tech and specification is way beyond most others for the same AP.

I love it but I’ve had problem, niggles  and issues – in particular with auto box performance, some tech being problematic on an ad hoc basis etc…

MG U.K. corporately are inept and dire communication / CRM.

A software update for the HS, to deal with common issues, is now available and called a ‘comfort software’ upgrade & therefore not critical – therefore not covered under warranty nor will Motability cover the cost.

MG dealers are doing different things, apart from the fact some say they know nothing about software updates – a few are providing the  update for free – whilst other charge varying amounts – from £50 to £200 !!! My dealer stated £120!

the issues – auto not smooth, hesitating gear change, no power at times when needed, reviving but not engaging – these are ad hoc – it’s been back to the garage but they didn’t do much except the PDI which hadn’t been done when I originally collected the car.
    the in board sat back  resets every time

the electric tailgate malfunctioned ad hoc

The display screen has frozen ad hoc

the start / stop button hasn’t worked or recognised key ad hoc

BUT despite this I love it – thank good for google maps and Apple play etc…

the actual fit n finish is sublime & the red / black leather interior works for me.
    the large panoramic opening sunroof is great etc.

averaging 40 mpg on combined journeys & 29 mpg around town

i will be taking back to dealer to look at the auto gearbox again & if not fully resolved this time will be having words with Motability operations

#128117 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Unfortunately these tech issues are usual with Chinese goods. They rush the products out without testing them long term on the basis of fixing them as and when people report problems. The annoying part to me is they want to charge you to fix something that shouldn’t have been broken in the first place.

I wouldn’t touch one with a bargepole.

#128122 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Totally agree Elliot well said

#128130 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Not even with a Chinese barge pole!

#128136 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

I couldn’t live with a car with as many issues as the MG, it’s cheap for a reason.
    My health would suffer worrying about it leaving me stranded.

#128138 Reply
    Tim

@dante Others seem to have glossed over your very detailed reply. Very much appreciate the info, thank you!

#129619 Reply
    Tony Driscoll

no contest mate,vw tiguan every time

#129633 Reply
    Martinod

Why would Motability allow a car on that’s not reliable

#129639 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

If you are passing an MG dealer keep passing 😀

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Mg hs exclusive vs vw tiguan rline
Your information: