MG HS Exclusive 1.5 GDI auto

• This topic has 61 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Mr M Clarey.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #120677 Reply
    Denise

Hi,

My friend got a mg hs auto 1.5 gdi and the engine management light has came on foot second time now. Had car for a month or so. MG said it’s the ECU so its back in the garage and they’ve said they’ve got to get in touch with MG and it could take a while.

Has anyone else had problems with their MG HS?

Thank you xx

Viewing 11 replies - 51 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #155884 Reply
    Mark

Bought a brand new 20 plate mg hs automatic had it a month ecu failure in garage 8 weeks said was fixed,electronics started playing up sent back dealer sayimg its control unit again, gear box issues also which mg are aware of so i have been told,told dealer car needs replacing no joy yet .

#155890 Reply
    Jonathan Pike

Had mine 2 months still goes like a dream very pleased

#156195 Reply
    Stig

I’ve had my MG HS exclusive for a year and the only problem I’ve had has just happened, the automatic power tailgate has stopped working, in for its 1st service in a couple of weeks.

I have experienced a couple of times or a  loss/low power when moving off at junctions.

Overall really pleased with the car, suits all of my needs, and as its a low(ish) advance payment for a automatic size of the car.

Previous car was a Hyundai Tuscon but the advance payment went up lots.

Mpg is better than the diesel Tuscon, 48mpg max, and 400 on a tank full.

#156299 Reply
    juie

Picked up my mg hs exclusive yesterday and so far very pleased with it

It is  light to drive compared to the BMW x1 we had, although i found that the clutch bite is very high up on the pedal, but now used to that.

The seats are very comfy and kind of hug u being sports type all in one seat. Love the massive screen, and we got the red interior which i thought at the time was to much but hubby wanted it and i must admit u dont really notice the red at all once your in it, and it looks nice.

So so far so good, nice gear change and good turning circle, the only thing now is to get windows tinted, dont know why a car which such a high spec of gadgets doesn’t have tinted windows, but definately worth getting them done, really helps to minimise the heat in the car and motability allows u to do this, just ring up and tell them, we done it to our last car

#156547 Reply
    Beth

Bought HSAuto March 2020.  Problems with boot as doesn’t always close properly.  Also the alarms when leaving key in car whilst passenger is staying in car are annoying.  Not sure I would purchase an MG again.

#159756 Reply
    Lynne Killick

I have had my mg hs since october last year,been back 4 times now,cant find fault.My gear box overheating so get a warning thats not in the book.Finally got a picture going in again on monday. This is the picturehttps://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/hm_bbpui/159756/8c6dqdiok2hy19pe0slb3j981vspgjtg.jpeg

#159794 Reply
    struth
    Participant

might just be a software fault, or a sensor of course, hence why its not showing when they check it. that pic will help them

#159867 Reply
    Jill

My husband took delivery of an MG HS last Saturday Broke down on Wednesday apparently  it was a fault with the computer telling us steering lock on went to MG couldn’t find a fault but updated computer – today Monday broke down again same fault saying release steering lock this disables the entire car – can’t lock it or start it all lights are on waiting for recovery – 205 miles on the clock – very angry ! Personally I want to get rid of it

#159868 Reply
    Jill

My husband took delivery of an MG HS last Saturday Broke down on Wednesday apparently  it was a fault with the computer telling us steering lock on went to MG couldn’t find a fault but updated computer – today Monday broke down again same fault saying release steering lock this disables the entire car – can’t lock it or start it all lights are on waiting for recovery – 205 miles on the clock – very angry ! Personally I want to get rid of it

#164322 Reply
    Jac

Have had my HS 1.5 auto for roughly 6weeks now. It’s going into the garage next week as the info screen keeps going black and not coming back on for ages. The other day it wouldn’t come on at all, the air con was on and wouldn’t go off. The song it was playing was stuttering like it had got stuck. No matter what we did it just wouldn’t come on. This has happened quite a few times now and the dealership don’t know why it’s happening. Any ideas???

#168147 Reply
    Mr M Clarey

Hi

Yes we have two a manual and auto parts are an issue, yesterday was told no idea how long for the hand brake switch and we would have to pay for it.

Would not buy again had MG3 and ZS (two) before but dealer now closed, now find poor service and no parts, our other car no warranty issue’s great service (Levante )  may be price of car.

PS the MG HS car can not be used

Viewing 11 replies - 51 through 61 (of 61 total)
Reply To: Reply #159794 in MG HS Exclusive 1.5 GDI auto
Your information: