MG HS Exclusive 1.5 GDI auto

• Creator
    Topic
  • #120677 Reply
    Denise

Hi,

My friend got a mg hs auto 1.5 gdi and the engine management light has came on foot second time now. Had car for a month or so. MG said it’s the ECU so its back in the garage and they’ve said they’ve got to get in touch with MG and it could take a while.

Has anyone else had problems with their MG HS?

Thank you xx

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #121307 Reply
    Suzanne Hope

Yes they gave us a fiat 500 too small for my needs/ wheelchair etc.

#121320 Reply
    Denise

You should take a look at the Toyota rav4 hybrid AWD 2.5ltr petrol excel 222bhp xx 0-60 about 8secs xx its lush xx I’ve never seen mpg so good xx we had seat Alhambra xx lucky to get 28mpg and around 380 miles out of fill tank but in the Toyota we get 499 full tank sometimes the mpg goes to 199.99 cos it cant go up any higher xx it’s so comfortable to drive and has very little roll and great road grip xx but defo worth a look if not already done so xx

#121321 Reply
    Denise

that last reply was aimed to you vinnie xx

#121322 Reply
    TonyD

@Denise ..that version is no longer on the scheme. Just the 2WD ‘Design’.

#121333 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant

@Denise .. did look at RAV4 but 2 things against it, cvt box but more important over £3  grand in! But thanks x

#121357 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Vinnie my friend has brand new Rav 4 cvt box fine yes I’d always called them but not noisy with 2.5 engine

#121472 Reply
    Suzanne Hope

Menorca. We got the MG HS back yesterday. And today we travelled to Norfolk 210 miles. My husband has looked and we average around 40MPG.

Hope that helps.

#121596 Reply
    Andy

Hi MenorDid 200 motorway miles today in my HS auto, air con on adaptive cruise control all the way and vehicle setwset in normalgnormal driving mode 37mpg

#123288 Reply
    Dante

My MG HS going in to garage to be looked at – week after next – they are all minor issues but the auto box is hit &  miss not smooth at low speeds, had management orange warning triangle come on a few times , the infotainment system ghosting or freezing ad hoc & power tailgate got stuck in open once.

i still love it very comfy – go for my disability & comfort (pain levels)

the comprehensive tech & seats made up for the issues thus far

averaging 40mpg

#123289 Reply
    Susan

We’ve not long ordered ours but not put off by the stories in this thread. We’ve had issues with other brand new cars, Our Mini Countryman SD was in and out of the dealership multiple times and they never managed to fix it in the 3 years we had it. Had a few niggles with our Skoda Superb as well.

#123293 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Susan what were your niggles with the Skoda ?

#123305 Reply
    Susan

Mike, on the Superb the screen wash spray on the optional rear wiper is useless, in fact useless is an understatement and even in heavy rain that wiper judders across the back window making an awful noise. The auto gear change can be a bit grabby at times and late to change up. The biggest issue though is battery drain if the car is sat around without being driven for a while or not driven regularly. I had to fit a solar panel battery charger which charges the car battery via the 12v socket and that fixed that issue.

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
Reply To: MG HS Exclusive 1.5 GDI auto
Your information: