MG HS

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118198 Reply
    Susan

Has anyone ordered a MG HS recently? We’ve been told by one dealership that demand is so high that if we order now it might not arrive until next year but another dealership said there’s no issue and that they usually have them in stock, they’d just sold 15 from stock! Wondering what delivery times people have been quoted.

We intend to order the auto in excite spec. Not sure on colour, despite how popular they are I am yet to see any colour that isn’t blue.

Also has anyone managed an AP discount? Every dealership I try says they cannot, no full tank of fuel either. £10 fuel at the most. AP on the auto excite is only £199 so not the end of the world but we’ve managed discounts in the past.

For anyone that needs to know, a standard adult folding wheelchair with folding handles does fit in the boot. The rear seats are recliners and I had to move them upright a small amount.

MG HS Wheelchair

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #158528 Reply
    Mark Holland

I am looking forward to more Chinese cars particularly the EV’s that look superb love the red/black interior. You buy the car not the badge and you get so much more one of the fastest rising marques in the UK I wonder why.

I was next to a red one in a petrol station the couloir was stunning very similar to the Mazda reference red

#160058 Reply
    Rod Blount

Hi, ordered on April 14th 2021 my mg hs exclusive dct in pearl white & red an black seat’s, been told I can pick it up on August 7th, now that seems quite a wait, but it is a factory order, and what with problems with covid, shipping etc this doesn’t bother me, but looking forward to it, and for what you get for the price I think it’s brilliant, when I first drove the mg hs dct, I was very surprised how it drove, and that’s why I ordered it, I know some reviewers said it had things they didn’t like but you could say the same on all cars, go and have a test drive you will be well suprised, good look everyone.

#163753 Reply
    Jane Pleas

We ordered HS excite Auto in blue 💙  yesterday told 12 weeks so fingers crossed 🤞

#163993 Reply
    juie

I ordered end of march 21 and picked up June 21

I got the red/black interior for 0 extra where as ppl are now being charged £500

I went for mg hs exclusive manual and i luv the car, the kit/extras are amazing and with electric seats and sunroof and blind spot light on door which is great.  The infotainment system/satnav is a bit laggy on startup but other than that, have no problems with it and it a very comfy drive.

there is a facebook group mg hs

would definately recommend a test drive to see for yourselves

Juliex

#165270 Reply
    Martin B

I ordered on 12th July 2021 was told there was a delay in delivery as they were updating and introducing new colours in Holborn blue and a new red ,I ordered the blue and was told that the factory is not accepting orders for the blue or red at moment until factory opens order link dealer is out of the loop so nothing to do but wait . My dealer has rang or emailed me every two weeks but still telling me unable to order these new colours this was last week

Is anyone else been told this ? Has anyone taken delivery of there MG HS in blue recently?

I have ordered MG HS automatic in Holborn blue

Many thanks

Martin

#165271 Reply
    Martin B

Hi Jane

I hope you’re dealer is right but its now 10 weeks since I placed my order and my order  has not even been  ordered with factory yet , I’m not saying your dealer is telling porkies, but if true your very lucky and I be having words with my dealer,  I cannot see why a dealer would hold back orders as no car no payment to them, but can see why they would tell a non truth  so they get order on their books. My last motability car took 33 weeks because of WLTP so waiting  seems to be  normal now days.  please let us know if you do check with your dealer and told anything different

Martin  B

#167975 Reply
    David

Hi ordered Mg Hs Exclusive on 27th July deliver was supposed to be September 15th phoned to be told now November 6th phoned for update now told end of November hopefully this time it wont change.

#170256 Reply
    Ed

Ordered an mg hs only to be told that the dealer is prioritising retail sales over mobility orders! And can’t even give me a date when I’m likely to receive my new car. Feels like discrimination to me

#170754 Reply
    Martin B

Hi all nearby 5 months now since I ordered my MG HS auto in blue  still not been given a delivery date,  dealer has stopped calling me every 3 weeks  I don’t know if its embarrassment or boredom of keep saying the same thing order book not taking orders until caught up with orders, is anyone else being told this ? My dealer is Richmond MG Southampton. Is anyone  waiting as long as myself or longer and what are your dealers telling you,  I’m resigned to waiting for the  22 plate now,  my brother-in-law has just order a Honda CRV and has been told the next delivery into UK is 25th  February so will be ready 3rd March but this is because of a cancelled order, I’ll wish every one a happy Christmas with or without your MG

Many thanks

Martin

#170758 Reply
    MrBMW
    Participant

Hi all I ordered a black MH HS auto in exclusive in July I should have exchanged my current car ( BMW) in October but I’ve been told by Motability that it could now be March 2022 before I get my new MG! My dealer has been about as good as a chocolate fire guard with my order.

#170852 Reply
    Harb
    Participant

About to order  (after much dilly dallying) an HS Exclusive next week. My dealer assures me it’s only a 12 to 16 week wait, though I suspect this may be incredibly optimistic by what you are also saying here?

If that’s the case then I’m tempted to go for the Tucson – as they don’t seem to be as affected by the shortage (they stockpile their own or something?) –  but the AP is a bit too high if I’m honest.

#171388 Reply
    Harb
    Participant

Finally ordered mine this week and the dealer was confident they’ll be here in January, March at the very latest.

Reckons they ordered in advance because they knew they’d all get picked up easily.

I’m more than a little dubious!

Anyone else been told similar?

#171545 Reply
    Martin B

Hi all coming into 23rd week since I ordered have given up chasing  dealer, as they keep  saying  unable to order as MG not accepting orders,  spoke to motability and they said dealer have extended my lease for 3 months,  and they will extend monthly after that as motability say I only be April 22 before delivery,  that’ll be 10 months since order ,oh well it might be a updated version by then, I was quoted 10 to 12 weeks maximum on ordering day, I am pushing the dealer for extras and to pay my advanced payment should be the least they should do as MG knew back in March 2021 that they had no chance of fulfilling delivery promises,  so I have no sympathy for my dealer or anyone’s else’s,  they have been truthful from the start, mine was still telling me lies right up to last month,  so everyone push your untruthful dealer for what you can out of them it’s the least they can do for you.  I wouldn’t of minded the wait if I had been told the truth from the start instead of all the  bulshit

Merry Christmas everyone let’s hope santa has better luck  with his deliveries

#171546 Reply
    Harb
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

Hi all coming into 23rd week since I ordered have given up chasing dealer, as they keep saying unable to order as MG not accepting orders, spoke to motability and they said dealer have extended my lease for 3 months, and they will extend monthly after that as motability say I only be April 22 before delivery, that’ll be 10 months since order ,oh well it might be a updated version by then, I was quoted 10 to 12 weeks maximum on ordering day, I am pushing the dealer for extras and to pay my advanced payment should be the least they should do as MG knew back in March 2021 that they had no chance of fulfilling delivery promises, so I have no sympathy for my dealer or anyone’s else’s, they have been truthful from the start, mine was still telling me lies right up to last month, so everyone push your untruthful dealer for what you can out of them it’s the least they can do for you. I wouldn’t of minded the wait if I had been told the truth from the start instead of all the bulshit Merry Christmas everyone let’s hope santa has better luck with his deliveries

</p>
    10 months? Oh wow.

Has the dealer given you an order number yet? Apparently there are plenty of dealers just winging it and not even placing orders. It’s such a weird unprecedented time, absolute chaos.

#171554 Reply
    Martin B

Hi Harb

No order number or anything looking like one , their first excuse was MG updating  the colour blue was back in August 21 but said would only a few weeks to delivery,  but as i understand it order still not on factory list I was told early October at the very latest and so the excuses started and still going on,

#171592 Reply
    Karl

The way it was explained to me when i ordered mine is, the dealer is told the have x amount of cars in certain colours arriving on this date, once every 4 months , they can accept the order or reject it if they feel they wont sell them, my dealer has never rejected an order as there is demand .That order is then allocated to customers , and you can guess who comes last and gets what’s left. There are no factory order numbers as orders aren’t placed with the factory.

#172673 Reply
    Martin B

Hi everyone still no news on delivery date for MG HS ordered early July, but have had a message to say my lease and insurance extended to March 2022 by dealer ,so it doesn’t look like delivery will be before March 22 if this is right then that would be 9 months since order, I’ve starting to forget what car looks like,  anyone else been told this

Hope everyone has had a good Christmas

#172766 Reply
    Harb
    Participant

New prices are out for Motability early on the MG site.

HS Exclusive DCT gone up to £1400+

Glad I got my order in already! Even if it takes 6 months…

#172823 Reply
    MrBMW
    Participant

Me to ordered in July should have picked up in October! But now it’s April! As much as I like the car it’s not worth that money in my opinion!

#172855 Reply
    Dante

I’ve had my HS exclusive auto since July 2020 and not going to lie there’s been issues, though in some of the MG forums if you share concerns or negative experiences, they can go for you. Every manufacturer has good and bad – hopefully MG has improved their QA but the dealers & MG U.K. have a long way to go.
    Having said all that, despite the issues with the dct transmission & some of the electrics (ad hoc), it’s the most comfortable and tech laden car I’ve had in the scheme – more importantly it’s best for my access and disability needs – it’s the most comfortable and spacious suv I’ve had. The AP, even with the increase today, still good value in comparison to the extreme AP’s of other mid size SUVs on the scheme. The 2022 MG HS now comes with full digital dash too and other minor upgrades.
    After 18 months of ownership I’m happier moreso because it meets my access & comfort needs – if it had been for covid, chip shortages and long lead in times it would’ve gone back in the first year.

#174097 Reply
    Martin B

Hi everyone

Another month now Another year and still no news on delivery its now 6months since order ,forgot what a HS looks like.

My wife has found a site where some people are taking delivery of their new HS some are being offered the exclusive auto even though they ordered the  excite manual but they don’t get a choice of colour the few that have been offered this deal have had to have  mainly white and a few  red, I would think these maybe cancelled orders for feed up customers and dealers needing  money into their account

Anyone else got anymore news  on deliveries

Hope everyone has had a nice Christmas and here’s to a better year for everyone

#174130 Reply
    Marky J

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Ordered my HS in July and originally told 3 months, called them in November and was told it had been given a build date and the delivery date was now 14th February.  I checked with them again a couple of weeks back and they said a shipment was just leaving China but my car wasn’t on it and they couldn’t see it being with me until March at the earliest.  The long wait goes on.</p>
    Have spoken to a few different manufacturers and the earliest quoted by any of them for new vehicle delivery was 3 months so I guess I may as well wait for the MG.

#174150 Reply
    Dante

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’m on most MG / MG HS forums & like most manufacturers long lead in times – common is ordered summer 21 told oct delivery, then Nov, then Xmas, then feb22 niw april 22. MG U.K. (SAIC parent company) seem to lack any proper logistics (even pre covid). But also in the MG forums there are people who are able to pick up new MG HS at some dealers without the wait and / or not concerned about the colour . I think it’s worth phoning around dealers when looking to order – Also it’s clear west new dealerships open they are given a decent amount of stock to establish the brand in that area. For example a new MG dealership opened in southend in December – someone stated they were able to get a brand new HS within a week.!!! It’s very frustrating for so many the long lead in times [all reasons / arguments / context a given ] but moreso when you’ve been waiting months and read that someone else can get their hands on one in a week(s)!!!! But not just MG alas</p>

#174161 Reply
    Chris M

We ordered Exclusive Auto at the end of June, dealer emailed last week to say it will be ready for collection end of this month.

#174204 Reply
    MrBMW
    Participant

Hi,Chris that’s great news I hope you enjoy your new HS, I’ve still got to wait until April I think unless things change 🤷🏼‍♂️We live in hope.

Paul.

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 131 total)
Reply To: MG HS
Your information: