MG HS

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118198 Reply
    Susan

Has anyone ordered a MG HS recently? We’ve been told by one dealership that demand is so high that if we order now it might not arrive until next year but another dealership said there’s no issue and that they usually have them in stock, they’d just sold 15 from stock! Wondering what delivery times people have been quoted.

We intend to order the auto in excite spec. Not sure on colour, despite how popular they are I am yet to see any colour that isn’t blue.

Also has anyone managed an AP discount? Every dealership I try says they cannot, no full tank of fuel either. £10 fuel at the most. AP on the auto excite is only £199 so not the end of the world but we’ve managed discounts in the past.

For anyone that needs to know, a standard adult folding wheelchair with folding handles does fit in the boot. The rear seats are recliners and I had to move them upright a small amount.

MG HS Wheelchair

Viewing 7 replies - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #120161 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Come on Roy and Dante tell us the mpg you are getting ?

#122911 Reply
    Susan

Just a heads up. Our order was put through to Motability last week. On speaking to the dealership the manager told me that MG have put a full halt on the production of automatics but luckily the dealership had already ordered our car a month before.

#122920 Reply
    des

Hello Susan. Did they mention why? I’m due to order and this was one of two choices.

Also can anyone give me a reason as to why the HS Exclusive has not got tinted windows, not blacked out rear windows, but just a tint on all windows as I think it makes the car look terrible tbh

#122930 Reply
    Dante

I picked up my MG HS on 5/7 and 2500 miles in I still love it but the mpg could be better – averaging 40 mpg (mixed roads longer journeys) – the auto box isn’t as smooth at lower speeds & a few other minor technical glitches – which will all hopefully be resolved when I get it to be looked at. Most importantly it’s the most comfortable SUV I’ve had and great tech etc… few cars have as much standard tech. The £999 AP for the exclusive model is a lot of money & id saved fir it but if you can do without a few things the excite spec is also excellent & only £199 AP.

its a beautiful car and great premium feel to it, even with the few issues I’ve had.

tbh on the MG online forms most HS owners very happy and only a shall percentage have had issues. I hope my will be dealt with by the dealer or even be a passing issue

#122972 Reply
    Susan

Des, they didn’t and as I had a head full of questions I didn’t think to ask I’m sorry.

MG don’t offer tinted windows at all. You have 2 options, you can either go for window blinds like these https://www.carshades.co.uk/shades-door-full-rear-p-7957.html

or you can get them professionally tinted using window film.

You don’t need permission for the blinds as they just pop in and out (I checked with Motability) but to have the film applied you will need to phone Motability and have it added to your agreement. They do stipulate that you may be asked to remove them at the end of your lease though. If you go the film route be sure to phone, NOT do it on live chat. For some reason they will flat out tell you that you cannot on chat but over the phone they just add it on for you. Be sure to say it’s the film as there is a difference between the film and window tinting which involves replacing the actual glass.

Both blinds or film are at your own expense and have to be sorted by you.

#122973 Reply
    Susan

Forgot to say that I have been quoted £140 for the film to be fitted by a local company.

#123235 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

The reason for the halt on the automatics may have something to with the recent postings here of members having various engine failures,

MG HS Exclusive 1.5 GDI auto

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
Reply To: MG HS
Your information: