MG HS

• This topic has 104 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 1 day ago by juie.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #118198 Reply
    Susan

Has anyone ordered a MG HS recently? We’ve been told by one dealership that demand is so high that if we order now it might not arrive until next year but another dealership said there’s no issue and that they usually have them in stock, they’d just sold 15 from stock! Wondering what delivery times people have been quoted.

We intend to order the auto in excite spec. Not sure on colour, despite how popular they are I am yet to see any colour that isn’t blue.

Also has anyone managed an AP discount? Every dealership I try says they cannot, no full tank of fuel either. £10 fuel at the most. AP on the auto excite is only £199 so not the end of the world but we’ve managed discounts in the past.

For anyone that needs to know, a standard adult folding wheelchair with folding handles does fit in the boot. The rear seats are recliners and I had to move them upright a small amount.

MG HS Wheelchair

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #119272 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

MG have a fair bit of catching up to do regarding sales. So it looks like motability has done MG a massive favour by adding it to the scheme.

scheme users must be one of their biggest customers in the U.K.

I read today the best selling suv for June 2020 is the Nissan quashqui followed by the Vw Tiguan both with over 2500 orders this month.

The best selling suv so far in 2020 is the Mercedes A class.

The best selling Imported far eastern suv so far is the Kia Sportage

MG aren’t even on the list of the top 100 selling models , they clearly need to advertise more in the U.K.

#119319 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Is the sunroof open today Roy ?

#119348 Reply
    Andrew Milay

Just an update, started phoning round dealers today to try and find the exclusive model in stock, one phone call and deposit later I have myself a new car should be collecting a week Tuesday all being good

#119428 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

Nice work Andrew what colour did they have.

#119456 Reply
    Lee Bengough

These have proven popular with my Dealer Thomas & Davies in Merthyr Tydfil, even had some of their Citroën customers renew with a MG, they tried that last year with a ZS Auto with me lol 😂 but I am a Citroën nut and always will be but I can see why it’s popular considering for example the C5 Aircross Automatic starts from £1,695.

#119460 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Lee have your Citroen’s been reliable ?

#119495 Reply
    Dante

Not sure but I’ve done 450 miles on full tank so far

#119496 Reply
    Menorca Mike

That’s good Dante I read review said range was 400 miles

#119497 Reply
    Menorca Mike

MG HS automatic drivers please keep us on here informed of your mpg many thanks

#119512 Reply
    72 dudes

Thought you’d decided on a C-HR Mike?

#119517 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Plenty of time before middle of December 72 dudes I’m keeping my options open

#119521 Reply
    Menorca Mike

It’s that sliding sunroof power tailgate etc etc etc so blooming tempting for £995

#119522 Reply
    72 dudes

Yes, must admit, the research and the comparing followed by test drives is the best bit about choosing a new car!

As you’ve been impressed by your Golf’s economy on the motorway, would you consider another car with the same 1.5 TFSi engine?

That would give you a huge choice from the VW T-Roc which is C-HR size, through Touran, Tiguan, Ateca, Tarraco, Kamiq, Karoq, Scala, Passat, Octavia, even Superb. Or another Golf?

We had the 1.4 version in our previous Audi Q3 but although that had the cylinder deactivation too, we never got really great economy.

#119524 Reply
    Andrew Milay

Thanks! I’m either going for metallic black or white, to be fair it could have been pink with polka dots, my first choice was red, but non of the colours are bad IMHO.

Any got any info on what the stereo and speakers are like in this car?

#119526 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Yes I’ve loved my golf this is my third the 1.5 tsi is very economical and quiet on motorway I’m trying to get same economy in another make for a change I do love reading reviews roadtests etc and mpg figures

#119527 Reply
    Menorca Mike

I’ve read the Octavia 1.0 tsi dsg is very economical after looking at reviews

#119602 Reply
    72 dudes

Mike, yes good strong engine for its size but might you miss the oomph of the 1.5?

#119603 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Yes that’s the problem you see my Golf is the 130 bhp 1.5 tsi dsg not the 150 bhp 1.5 tsi that they all use today so mine was more economic I read the reviews 3 years ago but it’s great looking at other cars and yes could do with car higher than my golf now

#119607 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Pity the new Skoda kamiq hasn’t got reverse camera keyless entry etc reviews look good and very good mpg I’ve read

#119751 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Any mpg readings guys on your HS ?

#119881 Reply
    Andrew Milay

Pick up my HS on Saturday 1st August, will be doing a 300 mile journey pretty soon after delivery so will report back full mpg details

#119886 Reply
    Menorca Mike

That’s great Andrew thankyou Dante had got 450 miles so far but heard no more and Roy picked his up just would love to see what mpg the automatic version is getting

#120067 Reply
    Susan

Just spotted this video today that shows all of the HS colours.

https://youtu.be/shvoIYzf1CE

#120068 Reply
    Menorca Mike

Red looks nice young susy

#120070 Reply
    Susan

We’ve ordered black. Still happy with the choice watching that video. 🙂

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 104 total)
Reply To: Reply #119603 in MG HS
Your information: