MG HS

This topic contains 76 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Menorca Mike 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118198 Reply

Susan

Has anyone ordered a MG HS recently? We’ve been told by one dealership that demand is so high that if we order now it might not arrive until next year but another dealership said there’s no issue and that they usually have them in stock, they’d just sold 15 from stock! Wondering what delivery times people have been quoted.

We intend to order the auto in excite spec. Not sure on colour, despite how popular they are I am yet to see any colour that isn’t blue.

Also has anyone managed an AP discount? Every dealership I try says they cannot, no full tank of fuel either. £10 fuel at the most. AP on the auto excite is only £199 so not the end of the world but we’ve managed discounts in the past.

For anyone that needs to know, a standard adult folding wheelchair with folding handles does fit in the boot. The rear seats are recliners and I had to move them upright a small amount.

MG HS Wheelchair

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #118201 Reply

Phaedra
    Participant

Go mad and go for the Exclusive trim, the heated seats, powered tailgate, led headlights and leather seats are worth it 🙂

I sat in a red one at my local dealers, it’s a very nice colour! no problem with availability either.

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

#118205 Reply

Susan

We’d love to but this time around we cannot stretch to £999. They had the red leather in the showroom car and it did look amazing.

#118206 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Susan

Won’t wheelchair fit in vertically without altering back seats, with a bungee around it and head restraint to stop it moving?

PS advise leasing from motability Karma Wheelchair for £100, it is lighter than anything else we have ever tried.

#118207 Reply

Susan

It might, I didn’t try. The boot floor is removable so is the storage tray underneath it so potentially lots of height to be had. I’ve had the chair bungeed to the backseats in other cars and something I will try but at the time in the pouring rain I just wanted to make sure the chair would fit in somehow.

The chair is aluminium so it is light weight, no issues there.

#118208 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

I think it may be worth comparing online weight of your chair, looks chunky in the photo, with the Karma (10.4kg)available from Motability. Think you may be surprised.

#118209 Reply

PSXCAR
    Participant

Hi Susan,

yep ordered mine 18/06/20 not a stock vehicle had a phone call today from the dealership car now with them said I can collect before the weekend, I’ve got things to do until Wednesday next week so collecting next Thursday 16/07.

ROY

#118220 Reply

Menorca Mike

Susan and small car the wheel chair would fit vertical in the new Honda jazz magic seats and just £199

#118225 Reply

PSXCAR
    Participant

Hi all, update on MG HS

ordered mid June collecting mid July, Exclusive Auto in pearl white, red/ black interior a great AP of only £999 as with last quarter Q2 no increase also no discounts or freebies but a huge amount of vehicle tech and safety.

Ending present term early due to needing Auto, but even so will not be sorry to see the back of my current Mercedes GLA only had it 14 months but what a load of s…, had to add sat nav myself and very uncomfortable I think this is definitely a case of ‘you are paying for the badge’ syndrome.

Test driven the HS and was a revelation, unrecognizable in every way to the MG6 I had few years back a real modern SUV, loads of toys and tricks to keep the most ‘petrol head’ happy but need the Lane assist turned off, it does pull you back into your lane wither you want to or not but turned of and the HS is very sure footed.

more of an update next week when I’ve had it a couple of days

ROY

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  PSXCAR.
    #118227 Reply

Susan

The Honda Jazz wouldn’t be suitable for us, with a powered person hoist fitted to front passenger side there are certain size requirements. There’s not many car choices when you need a lift. We’re happy with the MG HS. Been, looked and test driven. Had approval from the adaptation fitter as well. Just contemplating colour.

#118228 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Menorca Mike

Probably vertically behind back seats of Jazz, but this is about Susan’s choice and needs an MG!

#118231 Reply

Susan

Very nice Roy! Did you see the pearl white before ordering? I really wish we could see them all in the flesh before deciding.

#118232 Reply

Susan

Prices for those who hadn’t considered one

#118233 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Looks to be a bargain for those that need a largish  car and are sensible enough not to be swayed by badge alone.

#118239 Reply

Bandit
    Participant

A lot of car for the money. Just like when the Japanese really started getting a foothold in the 70s, spec up and price down and you will gain sales.

#118249 Reply

PSXCAR
    Participant

Hi Susan, that’s the problem with the HS at the moment stock is scattered around and as you have probably seen Blue and Red ones are the most favored for dealerships to have as demo cars so just took a punt, I had a pearl white Qashqai Tekna in their pearl white and it doesn’t seem that dissimilar.

If you don’t need a opening sky roof, auto tailgate, red/black leather and super sport button, that’s all the deference is,  then at £199 AP it seems a bit of a bargain, as for the badge well , when younger an MGB GT was the sports car to have and as a classic it still holds it’s own, but even only a few years back when the first MG6 was released, wherever  I went, truly, everyone, without exception, who saw it in the flesh could not believe how MG could make such (At that time) a modern saloon at the price, in fact the most used phase said to me was “I didn’t know MG still made cars” so what if  the HS is made in China (what isn’t) still the HS is at another level.

Please let me know how you are getting on with choosing and ordering

ROY

#118252 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

….Volvos are Chinese too!

#118253 Reply

Susan

Thanks Roy, there are a few more differences, see attached picture but yes the excite trim has a lot of kit including rear camera as standard.

#118259 Reply

PSXCAR
    Participant

yes Susan you are quite right there are more goodies with the Exclusive which either makes the Excite even better value or the Exclusive a bargain to have all this spec. for only £800 more, given that other, so called ‘premium’ brands, charge for most of the items the MG gets on the HS and calls these  ‘packages’  as Bandit said ‘a lot of car for the money’, and, not that it worries us on the Motability scheme, but backed up with a Kia like 7 year warranty  which when handed back to Motabilty will still have 4 years to run

ROY

#118264 Reply

Menorca Mike

A sliding sunroof is very rare to be standard these days

#118272 Reply

A guy

Had a test drive today, loved it and put in a order straight after, incredible value for money, most of the competitors are much more expensive and still don’t include half the tech.

Long wait on an auto excite so we opted for the exclusive instead and will get it at the end of the month.

MG pilot, adaptive cruise control and traffic jam assist are all premium features that I loved using, and you don’t even need to go for exclusive to get them.

I suspect MG are taking a hit on profitability to get their foot in the door with the British public, very much the Kia business model.

By far the most car I’ve ever had for my money.

#118278 Reply

PSXCAR
    Participant

Hi all, 29 days from order to collection,  not from dealership stock!  the quickest turn round I’ve ever had on all 19 Motability vehicles over the years.

totally agree who else offers a vehicle with this spec. and this price SAIC cannot be making much on each HS sold in the UK , but very good news for us, a vehicle that has squeezed under the radar.

if you can live without a so called ‘premium’ badge and you need an SUV ……………..well need I say more

ROY

#118608 Reply

Susan

Put out order through early as there seems to be a wait on the lower spec so got a months head start hopefully. Never done this before but both dealership and Motability said it’s fine to do.

HS Excite, Auto, Black Pearl. No discounts available on the £199 AP however it’s the cheapest AP we’ll have paid in years.

#118609 Reply

Belfast4

How many bits and pieces inside or outside of cars are also made in China. I would say every manufacturer have some parts that are made in China probably because the prices are a lot better than anywhere else.

#118619 Reply

Ade

It IS a Chinese car, They just bought the MG marque to give it credentials in the UK market.
    If it was called a SAIC ( the manufacturer) then it would be perceived quite differently….lol.

#118622 Reply

Susan

We are more than happy to have a Chinese car and were well aware of where it was made before ordering.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 76 total)
Reply To: MG HS

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: