Mercedes PCP lease

• Creator
    Topic
  • #134594 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

This has just popped up on my timeline as ive been looking at the Mercedes on Motability i guess. Lease is 4 years with an annual mileage of 6000 makes you wonder why we have to pay a hefty 6.5k deposit on the scheme. And yes i know we would pay less per month and we get all the trimmings thrown in yadda yadda yadda but it still seems a little one sided to me.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #134600 Reply
    Rhodgie
    Participant

You don’t have to pay any deposit… go take that Mercedes deal, or any other deal, or buy an old banger for £500 and run that, or keep the cash and use taxis… but you’ll soon realise our deal isn’t too bad, obviously not perfect for everyone’s requirements so instead of criticising it find something that you’ll be happy with

#134604 Reply
    MickC

Your average Motability Scheme user wont be interested in paying £399 per month.

I get what you are saying tho,the extra £137 per month multiplied by 36 is nearly £5000 which is what you would call a PCP AP spread over 36 months,but you have insurance costs to factor in.

Is that what you are getting at @Stuart.

#134605 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

It is a discussion forum and im entitled to an opinion, there is no need to take that tone. And im not criticising anything i was just stating a fact.

#134606 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Your average Motability Scheme user wont be interested in paying £399 per month. I get what you are saying tho,the extra £137 per month multiplied by 36 is nearly £5000 which is what you would call a PCP AP spread over 36 months,but you have insurance costs to factor in. Is that what you are getting at @Stuart.

Yes MickC it was

#134611 Reply
    Georgie

It’s still a Free Country – You pays your money and takes your choice.

However, it’s a 4 year lease, so that’s £137 extra a month x 48 (not 36) = £6,576.

Just sayin’  🙂

#134612 Reply
    LDC7080

Stuart you make a valid point.  i have had PCP through from Skoda on Octavia vRS PHEV.  245PS 8000 miles  intial payment £2795  monthly cost £349 3 year lease.  Ive had the same answers back about insurance and tax and tyres etc.   but it is a forum for discussion and there are many opinions non wrong just opinions which we are all entitled to.  there is no doubt in my mind the scheme is not a patch on what it used to be but ill get pelted for that comment probably  you would think we are slagging their kids off or something.

#134613 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Stuart you make a valid point. i have had PCP through from Skoda on Octavia vRS PHEV. 245PS 8000 miles intial payment £2795 monthly cost £349 3 year lease. Ive had the same answers back about insurance and tax and tyres etc. but it is a forum for discussion and there are many opinions non wrong just opinions which we are all entitled to. there is no doubt in my mind the scheme is not a patch on what it used to be but ill get pelted for that comment probably you would think we are slagging their kids off or something.

lol indeed.

#134614 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

It’s still a Free Country – You pays your money and takes your choice. However, it’s a 4 year lease, so that’s £137 extra a month x 48 (not 36) = £6,576. Just sayin’ 🙂

Your right i suppose, just seems mad to have to pay it all up front as an AP. Im lucky as i still have a well paid job but im sure there are just as many who are not so maybe taking the hit month by month is a better option than shocking your wallet at the beginning.

#134616 Reply
    Rhodgie
    Participant

Stuart if you think the Mercedes deal is good then go for it, you aren’t tied into taking anything from Motability… the Government give you a cash allowance to spend how you like.

I had cars on the scheme back in the early 90’s and left cause I didn’t like what was being offered, now I’m back on it (since 2014) cause it suits me, but if it didn’t I’d be off 👋

In this situation you’re the boss, you can visit (or phone, email) every garage in the country looking for a deal, you can use your allowance in lots of different ways to get a vehicle and a deal that suits, you can keep the cash and never go out… get prescriptions, groceries etc all delivered to your door

#134618 Reply
    Carl

I often like looking at car reviews on carwow, and they have a deal on the a class saloon A250e amg auto.  Its £2366 initial payment and only £263 per month with 8000 mile allowance.   Obviously you can tweak the miles as its suits at extra cost.    So there are always options out there if one so wishes.

#134622 Reply
    Brydo

Stuart your absolutely correct this is a discussion forum but recently an element of censorship has crept in where only certain topics can be discussed otherwise personnel abuse is levied at the poster. There is only a handful of them, of which rhodgie is not one, but its enough to deter people from posting.

I am considering whether or not its worth it to post anything other than general chit chat topics as anything other than that brings personal abuse.

#134623 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Stuart your absolutely correct this is a discussion forum but recently an element of censorship has crept in where only certain topics can be discussed otherwise personnel abuse is levied at the poster. There is only a handful of them, of which rhodgie is not one, but its enough to deter people from posting. I am considering whether or not its worth it to post anything other than general chit chat topics as anything other than that brings personal abuse.

Yes Brydo your right and im leaning towards that view myself

#134626 Reply
    Landyman

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Well said brydo.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I don’t post much but I do like to read other people opinions / posts, but I am getting fed up with the abuse you have to read sometimes.</p>

#134627 Reply
    jamesg

Yes  happening  a  lot Brydo  with out input from yourself  where would we be lol  the moderators  and keymaster need to sort it out to many good people on this forum  for it to be ruined  by a FEW !

#134631 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

If you’re going to look for a reasonably powerful/desirable car to spend your money on then why a Mercedes Fossil rather than a Tesla Model 3?

Now that’s how you’d attack someone…..

I think Stuart has read enough of my posts to know this isn’t an attack & it’s just me nudging everyone toward thinking about EVs.

Now if Tesla were to buy Daimler….. no, Elon couldn’t, could he? It’s already been mentioned, & it would make sense.

#134632 Reply
    Georgie

A long time a go Brydo started a great thread Off Topic – ‘What’s the weather like where you are today’.  Not a single Flame War so far.

#134633 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Brydo I too have also noticed the abuse it should not be happening, I do enjoy your informative posts, I always look out for your posts.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#134636 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

For me the extra AP in excess of £2800 plus being asked for the A250e financially does not make any sense when compared to the petrol and diesel models. The A250e is a Renault petrol engine hybrid personnel  I would go for a full EV

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#134639 Reply
    Effkay

Funny I was about to post something similar:

This spec is also on the motability website with an advanced payment ranging from £5-7k.

Is that actually on the scheme then? I don’t seem to see it in the Mercedes motability brochure!

#134648 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

thats the point its a free country and you can use the scheme or not.

for some a private scheme without a large ap but paying more monthly may be preferable even with insurance etc. it all depends on your personal circumstances and you shouldnt be criticised for it.

the scheme cannot be all things to all people, by its nature it has to have limits be they bhp or insurance group or cost of the vehicle.

because of that some “badge snobs”, “petrol heads”, boy racers” are not probably going to find their ideal car.(note tongue firmly in cheek here boys)

there have been the odd pte lease that was cheaper than mota, i seem to remember a jeep renegade deal at £220 down and £220 a month that was on a particular model they had a lot of but who wants a jeep lol.

however the advent of hybrids with no govt support pmnt has meant ap’s have gone a little silly likewise diesels. i think it will be some time before things settle down and ev prices come down along with ap’s.

looks like i will be keeping the mini countryman cooper s exc auto for the whole 5 years with its high bhp and fun sports mode.

#134649 Reply
    sif

It is a very good deal. The downside is you have a limited choice of cars. There might be many more imaginative ways out there of offering bigger choice, maybe subsidised servicing and repairs, a very good car warranty scheme for those who cannot find a suitable car on the scheme. Their own insurance scheme etc etc. Its a great choice if you can use the cars. If you needs are particular or detailed or very different them its not the best.

I can still drive anything, gears or not, big or small. But I wouldn’t be able to drive it two days running. I would be too sore and stiff. I don’t use a wheel chair, but its always struck me that wheelchair users get a particularly raw deal with not enough choice. Given the economic disadvantage being disabled generally confers. It is not asking too much in the 6th richest country in the world, with some of the greatest inequalities of wealth to ask for a good choice of vehicles and schemes to promote mobility.

#134651 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

@jamesG

I do not see anything inflammatory occurring on the forum. The pcp lease question is one that is becoming an increased topic of discussion as motability prices increase. Saying that, PCP deals are also increasing year on year. The discussion over staying or leaving the Scheme will always induce debate.

Should you see any post that you feel causes upset please let me know directly enquiries@whichmobilitycar.com or if you are logged in you can report spam or concerning posts directly.

#134674 Reply
    machoco

When someone only likes people agreeing with ‘them’ i wont be blowing smoke up their a**e to comfort ‘them’.

#134676 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I think I understand but it does not appear a helpful comment.

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Mercedes PCP lease
Your information: