Mercedes GLB

• This topic has 57 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by Chris.
Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #86198 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Sent out loads of dms to Mercedes dealers on twitter wether it’s possible for the car to be on the scheme, most said they’ll have more information at the end of the year

#86214 Reply
    Winston

Each to their own n all that’s but I think it’s a bit of a stinker, when I first saw the concept version I thought it looked good. But the production vehicle looks a bit naff I think, like one of those Cactus crossover things with more plastic that Jordans Boobs lol

I’m sure the very top spec AMG version with the night pack, upgraded alloys will look much more appealing but that will be well above any Motability price threshold, so I fear if it does make an appearance on the scheme it would be the most basic of basic trim lines which will look crap in my opinion

Again not everyone cares about asthetics but unless the price cap changes dramatically it’ll be the Aldi version ( if any ) that makes it onto the scheme

#86218 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

If any do make it on the scheme they will be the boggiest of bog standard models with the lowest power units available, you will however be able to spec them up a treat for around 12k in extra “option packs”, will still be thirsty snails tho.

#86242 Reply
    Tomas (Tomas)

I’m with you Winston, I think it’s horrible.

#102421 Reply
    Mason smith

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Yes it could they have added the new Audi A4 black edition and that starts of at 35000</p>

#102446 Reply
    Clipped wings

At least practical, but how much for a base petrol with a Renault engine – and built in Mexico? Guess some cannot see beyond the badge

#102520 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

I love and would seriously consider one but even if it could sneak on (~£35K entry price) it’d be the 1.3 petrol.

MB do claim 160BHP, 39MPG and does benefit from a 7 speed auto but this is a 2 tonne car!

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#120191 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Finally here’s an in-depth review from carwow, seems like a lovely car, AP would probably be £3k but imo worth it, if it ever made it on the scheme that is

https://youtu.be/xW-RSl1c3aQ

#120196 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

At the drop of a hat. That’s how fast I’d say yes. I really like it.
    Mercedes tend to be on the limit for comfort for me though. The seat pads are pretty long.
    Still, I’d love one. ♥️

#120198 Reply
    72 dudes

I like the GLB and the new GLA, both look great.

However with the base model GLA up at £33k I can’t see the GLB making it onto the scheme.

Hoping this rather low arbitrary rule of the base model has to be under £30k will disappear.

#120200 Reply
    UncJ
    Participant

I like the GLB and the new GLA, both look great. However with the base model GLA up at £33k I can’t see the GLB making it onto the scheme. Hoping this rather low arbitrary rule of the base model has to be under £30k will disappear.

I know, it is worrying. I have 2 years left on my current lease but this ridiculous price limit that has never budged an inch since it’s inception – NOT even for inflation! – is a severe limitation for customers of the scheme who require a bigger vehicle for a scooter or whatever. The choice is getting sparse to say the least!

I have the old GLA which is fine overall (apart from the dire fuel consumption that is!) but the boot capacity on that is too small really for my needs so I need something just a bit bigger next time and it’s looking already like it will be a big challenge to find something appropriate.

Come on Motability, sort out the £30k limit as it is working against so many of your customers!

#120201 Reply
    Zohaib

Here’s the full review done by Matt Wattson I actually like it and I think it will be on the scheme, who knows though

https://youtu.be/xW-RSl1c3aQ

#120332 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I sat in one of these just before lockdown. It was the AMG line model and was very nice.

#120721 Reply
    Tim Myers

Are we any nearer to finding out if the GLB will be on the scheme this year?

I’ve been waiting a long time to see if the limit would be raised allowing the GLC on based on its strong residuals.

Unfortunately I need a car soon now, but it would be nice if we had some time idea.

#120722 Reply
    Brydo

If you call motability they say they expect it to come on this year, however, when pushed, the say they have no exact date.

To give you an idea of how accurate this information can be, or not, I contacted them many, many years ago as to when the EV Nissan Leaf would be on the scheme, they said soon and it just came on this quarter.

#120726 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Nice one Brydo 👊🏽 It’s good to hear that it’s on motability potential list, fingers crossed!

#120727 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Oh and I didn’t even know the leaf was added

#123838 Reply
    Moreton5

would love the glb to come on… please q4….

#123850 Reply
    Rhodgie

No chance of it coming on the scheme.

#123852 Reply
    72 dudes

Sadly I agree with Rhodgie, even the new GLA base model starts at £33k, so under current rules that won’t be on the scheme either.

GLB? Slim to no hope.

Someone mentioned the Audi A4 Black Edition at £35k further up. That’s because it was a run out model on special offer before the facelift version came out. Motability must like throwing us these curved balls occasionally to get our hopes up!

#123882 Reply
    Moreton5

34500 start according to matt watson

#126475 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Here’s an interesting one. In the US, the GLB starts at the equivalent of £28k. I’ve not checked but often US cars get slightly better specs than the UK.
    Never say never 🤞

@js, I’m pinching your name for a sec.

Just saying 🤷🏻‍♂️

#126476 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Bionic tears of happiness will stream down if it came on the scheme, I love merc interiors but the other ones on the scheme don’t meet our needs, we need a 7 seater too, 5008/Tarraco great cars especially the 5008 facelift

#126477 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Daylight dreaming though eh?
    🤣😂

#128159 Reply
    Nj

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I really think GLB should be in mobility scheme its a nice family space car. I think they should really but GLB on next list.</p>

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)
Reply To: Reply #123852 in Mercedes GLB
Your information: