Mercedes EQA coming Q3?

• This topic has 21 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Rachel.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #155714 Reply
    brydo

Spoke to motability this morning and asked which BEVs are expected on Q3,”Mercedes EQA” was his reply. I contacted our local dealer who knew nothing about it. The motability agent did indicate nothing is 100% certain with list they have but it is on it.

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #155718 Reply
    JamesH

I really hope that is correct. Have been waiting to see if this car would be added in Q3.

#155720 Reply
    Brydo

James I can only tell you what they said. At £40,000+ I’m not sure what the AP would be but it would certainly be a welcomed addition to the scheme.

#155721 Reply
    Brydo

He actually said it was due “end of Q2”.

#155726 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Welcome back Brydo.

I was in a VW dealership earlier today, and although nothing was actually confirmed, the sales guy did indicate * that the ID4. Would likely arrive on Motability soon, as VW push sales along?

This Mercedes  however will certainly give it a ‘run for the money’ ?

* he also thought that some of the ‘higher’ AP’s on the ID 3. would come down shortly?.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Mike 700.

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#155727 Reply
    Gary

Looking at their phev APs, I’d expect it to be quite high.  But a welcome addition anyway 🙂

#155730 Reply
    Paul

As the MERCEDES-BENZ A CLASS SALOON A250E is £5999 AP ,the EQA will be topping the charts for AP price.

#155735 Reply
    Brad

The Mercedes eqa starts at 44k. If this is true I’d see no problem the Audi Q4 E tron  coming on… It took along time for audi to add the new model q3 but I doubt the eqa will be added with that high starting price

#155737 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

This would be a good addition, depending upon AP´s etc but with Q3 upon us next week it will be interesting to see which other electric offerings will be on the table. I wonder if Motability will consider lifting the BHP limits too as 225hp is becoming a little restrictive. I know its normal for Mercedes to leave off certain pieces of kit which then form part of an expensive add on . Not sure if they are following the same strategy with their electrics? And welcome back Brydo.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by fwippers.
    #155739 Reply
    Mmoreton5

<p style=”text-align: left;”>The volvo phev is 258hp</p>

#155741 Reply
    Landyman

Welcome back brydo.

The EQA would be a welcome addition to the scheme if only to get more EVs from other manufacturers on as well.

#155744 Reply
    Richardw

There are already a few cars on the scheme with more than 225bhp on offer

#155758 Reply
    Mike

@Richardw I never knew that, what cars are available on the scheme with more than 225bhp?

#155759 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

@Richardw I never knew that, what cars are available on the scheme with more than 225bhp?

Two Peugeot 3008 PHEV’s are 296bhp for starters

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#155763 Reply
    Rachel.K

Brydo, I was told the same too by Motability, 2 weeks ago. I also contacted my local Mercedes dealership and was told they knew nothing about it. Very strange…

#155764 Reply
    Rachel.K

I’m on the verge of ordering the verge of placing an order with Volvo for the XC40 T5 phev but waiting to see if the Mercedes appears.

#155765 Reply
    Rachel.K

Forgive me for repeating myself, it’s the damn phone’s fault ha ha!!!

#155772 Reply
    Brydo

Rachel the way the motability agent explained it to me was that manufacturers approach motability about certain cars coming on the scheme and they are put on the list whilst the manufacturer and motability discuss costs, availability etc. If agreement is reached it then comes on the scheme.

#155778 Reply
    Rachel.K

Thanks for the clarification brydo, much appreciated!

#156020 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Rachel the way the motability agent explained it to me was that manufacturers approach motability about certain cars coming on the scheme and they are put on the list whilst the manufacturer and motability discuss costs, availability etc. If agreement is reached it then comes on the scheme.

The Toyota Highlander was on that list at the beginning of the year but never made it on to the scheme as the decision was that it ‘didn’t meet the criteria’, which begs the question why it was put on the ‘potential’ list in the first place! I flagged in Q1 that the Mercedes EQA was on the list for possible inclusion, but it didn’t make Q2. As others have said, the AP’s for Mercedes PHEV’s are so high that it renders them uneconomical for most people, so it will be interesting to see how they position the EQA if it appears in Q3.

#156024 Reply
    Brydo

I spoke to our local Mercedes dealer today about boot size and she said it’s “unlikely” a standard folding wheelchair would fit in the boot lying down. She has only been in the job a few weeks so I’m going to have a visit over the next few days and try it for myself.

Of course we don’t know if it will come on the scheme but better to have the information on hand.

#156030 Reply
    Rachel

Brydo, with that additional  information about the wheelchair, I think I need to hurry and pay a visit to my local Mercedes dealership.
    If my wheelchair doesn’t fit, I know that’s out of the question!

Many thanks,

Rachel👍🏻

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: Mercedes EQA coming Q3?
Your information: