mercedes cla delivery times

• Creator
    Topic
  • #103362 Reply
    paul

is any one else being told there cars are being delayed  as ordered 1 nov for delivery 1st feb and heard nothing so chased them up three phonecalls later to be told its delayed and hopefully march

Viewing 23 replies - 151 through 173 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #125861 Reply
    Katherine

Can I ask you were you ordered your vehicle from?

I wanted to order the cla 180 premium plus but have been forewarned by my local dealer, in Gloucestershire, of an very long wait time.

I was also considering a cla 200 premium that there a few of on the Mercedes Stock locator website.  Has anyone gone down this route of ringing round dealers and finding one available in stock?

Would paying the full AP amount in advance speed up my order?

Any advise appreciated as it’s my first time ordering on the scheme.

#125913 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Never pay the AP in advance as Motability do not allow you to pay the AP when ordering, it is only paid when collecting your car and any monies you pay the the dealer in advance would be purely a deposit between you and the dealer and if they went bust you would lose the money.

Paying a large deposit will never speed up the build process no matter what lies the dealer tells you.

#125918 Reply
    Lord Muc

Vinal,

Nothing to stop you paying the AP in advance, I also believe that if you do pay a deposit, it shows commitment to the dealer, who may push your order forward, or at least not be tempted to give it to a private buyer, it also gives you leverage if things get a bit long winded. Pay using a credit card,you wont lose anything if the dealer goes bust. The AP has to paid, so you could look at paying by installments. It may also help if you are looking for a discount, off the AP to dangle a deposit.

#125994 Reply
    Katherine

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Can I ask you where you ordered your vehicle from?</p>
    I wanted to order the cla 180 premium plus but have been forewarned by my local dealer, in Gloucestershire, of an very long wait time.

I was also considering a cla 200 premium that there a few of on the Mercedes Stock locator website.  Has anyone gone down this route of ringing round dealers and finding one available in stock?

Would paying the full AP amount in advance speed up my order?

Any advice would be appreciated as it’s my first time ordering on the scheme.

#125995 Reply
    Katherine

Thank you for your advice, that’s what I had hoped.

My local official Mercedes dealer has been there for as long as I can remember and so I would feel quite secure dealing with them.

I have noticed that the 200 premium has gone back on the scheme and there are a few of them in stock at my three nearest dealers and I wondered if there is an option to acquire a new in stock vehicle.

Many thanks.

#126261 Reply
    Zack

Hi

ive also ordered a gla 180 amg line and I’ve been told I would have to wait up to the end of january 2021 for confirmation and if after that it is still not confirmed the dealer has no idea when it will be ready. Their excuse was that the 180 has had some problems with the co2 emissions. if anyone has any news or knows anything please do reply

#126286 Reply
    Matt t

I searched online for a stock CLA 180 AMG Line Premium Plus Shooting Break and found one on the Mercedes website. I phoned Chris at Vertu Mercedes-Benz of Ascot yesterday and Chris greeted me at 8:30 this morning with a coffee in one hand and the keys to the CLA in the other, after a test drive I placed my order and I’m picking the car up on Monday. Chris and the staff at Vertu Ascot have been excellent and it’s the only Mercedes dealership I’ve found that are offering cashback. I’ll put some pictures on if I can work out how to do so!

#126289 Reply
    Matt t

#126290 Reply
    Matt t

#126291 Reply
    Matt t

#126292 Reply
    Matt t

#126293 Reply
    Matt t

#126295 Reply
    Lord Muc

That’s lovely, good work, Matt.

#126297 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Matt that looks fantastic well done lovely photos may I ask what phone you have ?

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#126298 Reply
    Matt t

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi, Menorca Mike</p>
    It’s a Galaxy Note 9. The dealership has been brilliant and sent me my own video of the car, showing all the features and how to use the infotainment system. Can’t wait for Monday. I’ll post the video if I can remove the sound as it has personal details on it.

If anyone’s interested, last time I checked Nottingham Mercedes have a CLA 180 premium plus Shooting Break in the same colour (digital white metallic) but with brown leather interior. This should be available for collection straight away as well.

#126301 Reply
    Matt t

Still showing as available on Mercedes site.

#126330 Reply
    Katherine

Hi Matt,

Glad you were able to track the one down you wanted and it’s a lovely car.

Thanks for the pictures of the other available model you found. I’m in the minority and not a lover of a white car unfortunately.

But I have located a 200 premium in Mountain Grey, with black interior, which was my preferred colour choice.  The 200 has a bit more horse power and isn’t available in the premium plus anyway.

I feel the engine is a fair trade off. The date the dealers are giving for the 180 premium is February/March. So I would be looking at possibly 5 1/2 months for a bit more tech but a bit less engine.

It’s all been a learning curve for me. I’ll be better prepared for next time. Although, I am very grateful that this vehicle is available, it may well not be in three years time!

Thank you to the contributors for their  help.

Katherine.

#126334 Reply
    Zack

Hi

can anyone try and help me find the new 2020 gla 180 Amg line Premium plus

ive been trying to find stock but it seems that there isn’t a lot of these cars released

#126341 Reply
    File28

Nice merc glad to see you finally found what you were looking for unlike U2

#126347 Reply
    Katherine

Zac

Any Mercedes dealer is able to look at available stock and get it brought to your nearest dealer.

The one I have dealt with told me the only one left in the country was the white one, which Matt has posted pictures of above.

It’s either the one above, order one and wait or come down on the spec. As I said the 200 has gone on scheme but as it is in the premium only, no sunroof or special lights. But there are three of them showing on the Mercedes stock checker website,  in black, white and silver.

Your Mercedes dealer can tell you what’s available or you could phone another and make an enquiry.

It’s a trade of between getting the vehicle now with less tech or in 5 months time with the extras. Unfortunately there are no miracle answers.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Katherine.

it

#126397 Reply
    Zack

Thanks for your help

#126448 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@Matt, that looks lovely. I would have been driving round in my CLA now if the dealer hadn’t messed me around so much.

#127302 Reply
    Katherine

I picked up my CLA lats week and my dealer advises that they had received an update regarding the difficulty getting the engines (Nissan).

That the initial wait time of February I had been given for the premium plus model, had I ordered, would have been pushed back to the extent they now couldn’t give me a date.

I would highly recommend looking on the Mercedes Benz stock checker and consider an in stock vehicle.

Katherine.

Viewing 23 replies - 151 through 173 (of 173 total)
Reply To: mercedes cla delivery times
Your information: