Mercedes B class wait times

• Creator
    Topic
  • #120840 Reply
    Andy

Hello .

I love the Mercedes B200 (Premium Plus) and I am  looking to order as soon as possible  but I’m getting concerned by some of the delivery times I have been quoted.

I am struggling to get a response from the dealer I test drove the car with but I have been quoted April 2021 earliest by 2 other dealers in the same group,and CLA June 2021.

i have a manual 3008 at the minute and need an automatic as soon as possible so can anyone who has ordered a B class give me any idea if these dates quoted are correct.

peugeot factory build is 3 months (bit of a difference) for a 1.2 gt line premium ,which is my other option and has everything I need.

thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #137866 Reply
    rox
    Blocked

Seems a regular thing this from Bmw and mercede’s taking a deposit and lieing to People about when the car will be ready for handover or exchange.

Maybe this is why they taking deposits and say they won’t order if you don’t. Unless one’s getting added extras then thats down to the dealer and you and nothing to do with MB but any AP should be paid on collection or on the day if it’s a BT not at the point ordering..

I’d be seriously thinking, How long are you prepared to wait with no date and when they often do give a date it’s then a new date and another and another and then 3 months turns into 6 months then into 9 months and maybe more.

Personally I’d speak to Mb get then to spk to the dealer and maybe cancel the order and look at getting something else. Unless it is the car you must have then i guess you will wait but what if in a year from ordering  there still no car wait 18 months etc while they hold your deposit and often it’s because your getting £500 off as well and you don’t want to lose that and prices might of also risen since you ordered.

The dealers know this and imo are taking the biscuit….to put it politely

#137873 Reply
    Steadyhorse

I ordered my B200 Premium Plus in Denim Blue on 4 December (I’m due to change 5 March) with a delivery date of 10 April. The salesman thought it would be in before that date. But with the pandemic I’m resigned to it being delayed beyond April so a degree of patience on my part is required. The dealership is closed at the moment so I can’t check on the progress if any.Incidentally, the question of a deposit never came up so perhaps I was lucky. Still, it will be worth the wait. My current car is a Touran SEL. Served me well but too big for me now. Stay safe everyone.

#137908 Reply
    JohntheLeg
    Participant

I am due to be able to order in March and have been considering changing to a B200 Premium Plus so I had a chat with our Mercedes Motability Salesman (very honest guy unlike some you hear about on the forum) the other day to find out about the delay in people not receiving their B200 Premium Plus.  He tells me your dealers should have informed you that there had been a restriction placed on the Pemium Plus Package.  He had received an email last year from Mercedes Head Office and should have been passed on to customers.  As far as deposits go on something like the B200 Premium Plus he would only ever take the minimum of £500.00 and the rest paid on delivery of the car.  He said also that delivery of the B200 will start in April .

#138963 Reply
    Roger

Ordered Premium Plus October 2020 and confirmed by Mercedes November. Told it would be March 2021 as it would be the 2021 build specification.

Last word from the dealer “I wanted to touch base and let you know your car is still on track for delivery in April” and “your car is due to our holding site 13/04/2021, if it stays on track we will be looking to hand the car over to you on the week starting 19/04/2021”

Viewing 4 replies - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Mercedes B class wait times
Your information: