Mercedes B Class Incorrect ABI?!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brydo 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #79229 Reply

Muhammed

Hi all,

The new B class has been on the scheme for quite a while now & as you all must know its not suitable for under 25’s. Well thats what it says on the Motability site anyway. The old B class was suitable for under 25’s. I have just been on the Thatcham site and checked the ABI for the new B class and it is showing as insurance group 16E. It is the B180d AMG Line 5dr. On the Motability site its showing as ABI group 19. I am really confused as it should be 16. I am going to call Motability in the morning to clarify.

If anyone has any information please comment.

Thanks

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #79246 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Muhammed,

We have also checked and the insurance group is 16 as you say, we are aware of Motability lowering thatcham insurance groups to make cars available to u25’s as with the Ford Focus, but not raise them, this must be an oversight. Keep us informed here as to the conversation you have with Motability.

#79285 Reply

Adam

I believe it’s the same with the A Class. The ABI is higher on the Motability site.

#79297 Reply

Muhammed

I’ve been calling Motability all day as it depends on who you speak to as some are not helpful. Anyway a lot of the advisers are also very confused as to why it says 19 when on the Thacham site it says 16. They are going to investigate and let me know weather that’s a mistake or not. Let’s hope it is.

#80228 Reply

Muhammed

Hi all,

I had a call from Motability today regarding the B Class. The advisor said that I was correct regarding the ABI and that the account manager has said that it is actually 16. They said they are just going to speak to Mercedes and get the correct ABI on the Motability website but it’s going to take maybe a few days to update. She also said that I can now order the B Class and it will be accepted. So anyone under 25 interested in the B Class you can now order it. Well the B180 1.5 diesel AMG Line.

#80229 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Bravo Sir, thanks for sharing.

#80236 Reply

JS

Well done Muhammad. Brilliant news for lots.

#80248 Reply

Muhammed

I hope so

#80337 Reply

Logan

Excellent work in finding this error. The only downside is the high advanced payment of £1900. Nevertheless, it’s one more car for under 25!

#80338 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Well done Muhammad another problem solved by the which motability forum guys ?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Mercedes B Class Incorrect ABI?!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: