Mercedes A250e

• Creator
    Topic
    Jamie

Hey Everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone had gone ahead and ordered the A250e?

I know the AP is quite high but the proclaimed ‘250mpg’ is quite attractive no? Even if you got half of that then surely you would be saving money on fuel in the long run?

Let me know what you guys think

Viewing 9 replies - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jamie

Haha I came for some quick advice but instead ive pulled out my lounge chair and a bag of popcorn šŸ˜‚

Rico
        Participant

ID.3 tour pro is cheaper than this car and has a 300 plus range, reading through the reviews the car can do almost 300 miles on a single charge. The ID3 has been rated as the most efficient ev so far, as even if temp is -15 outside what milage it says when you get in the car is what you will get.

where did you see that? Agree it is efficient, around the same as the e-Niro and Kona, but no better. Iā€™m unsure about claims that temp donā€™t effect its range, certainly Bjorn Nyland tests donā€™t reflect that. Still a great car though

Funny enough from the man himself who said it was the most efficient in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzqxhzrdkqo

ajn

Great stuff you are still here, keep smilingšŸ‘, have you read anything of interest from your inquiry. šŸ˜‚

šŸŒ»

fwippers
            Participant

Haha I came for some quick advice but instead ive pulled out my lounge chair and a bag of popcorn šŸ˜‚

A large tub of popcorn might be a better solution! Or two, one sweet and one salty?

Richard

All the bits I’ve read about the Id3 suggest range isn’t that great & it has loads of irritating software bugs,willing to be corrected but on video test drives I’ve seen the cars annoying the reviewers

Intranicity
                Participant

Intranicity wrote:
                  Rico wrote:
                  ID.3 tour pro is cheaper than this car and has a 300 plus range, reading through the reviews the car can do almost 300 miles on a single charge. The ID3 has been rated as the most efficient ev so far, as even if temp is -15 outside what milage it says when you get in the car is what you will get.
                  where did you see that? Agree it is efficient, around the same as the e-Niro and Kona, but no better. Iā€™m unsure about claims that temp donā€™t effect its range, certainly Bjorn Nyland tests donā€™t reflect that. Still a great car though
                  Funny enough from the man himself who said it was the most efficient in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzqxhzrdkqo

Just watched it and think you have misunderstood a few things. Ā He says you get full capacity charge of the battery in cold conditions (ie 55.6kWh), but you still get the same range reduction as all EV’s suffers in the colder temperatures.

So, in summer conditions; Figures from the video and his test on the link below

the ID3 range was 228 miles at 90km/h (4.1 miles/kW) and 172 miles at 120kmh (3.01 miles/kW)
                  the e-Niro was 310 miles at 90km/h (4.8 miles/kW)
                  the Kona was 316 miles at 90km/h (4.9 miles/kW)

in Winter
                  the ID3 range was 172 miles at 90km/h (3.09 miles/kW) and 127 miles at 120km/hĀ (2.28 miles/kW)
                  the e-Niro was 233 miles at 90km/h (3.64miles/kW)
                  the Kona was 205 miles at 90km/h (3.2 miles/kW) and 155 miles at 120km/h (2.4 miles/kW)

The e-Niro and Kona have 64kWh batteries as opposed to a slightly smaller 55,6kWh in the standard ID3, but the ID3 is less efficient than both the Koreans, still a great car though.

https://tbtp-ev.github.io/tbtp-results-range.html

Previous Motability Cars
                  2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
                  2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
                  2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
                  2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
                  2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
                  2021 - 2023 Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE
                  2023 - Hyundai Kona Electric Ultimate

Rico
                  Participant

Just watched again and he clearly says its the most efficient EV he has driven and does not suffer with loss from weather like I said earlier the does not suffer less rang from – weather is at 10 minutes odd, I could watch the whole thing again to pull them quotes with time stamps.

Intranicity
                    Participant

Just watched it and think you have misunderstood a few things. Ā He says you get full capacity charge of the battery in cold conditions (ie 55.6kWh), but you still get the same range reduction as all EV’s suffers in the colder temperatures.

So, in summer conditions; Figures from the video and his test on the link below

the ID3 range was 228 miles at 90km/h (4.1 miles/kW) and 172 miles at 120kmh (3.01 miles/kW)
                      the e-Niro was 310 miles at 90km/h (4.8 miles/kW)
                      the Kona was 316 miles at 90km/h (4.9 miles/kW)

in Winter
                      the ID3 range was 172 miles at 90km/h (3.09 miles/kW) and 127 miles at 120km/hĀ (2.28 miles/kW)
                      the e-Niro was 233 miles at 90km/h (3.64miles/kW)
                      the Kona was 205 miles at 90km/h (3.2 miles/kW) and 155 miles at 120km/h (2.4 miles/kW)

The e-Niro and Kona have 64kWh batteries as opposed to a slightly smaller 55,6kWh in the standard ID3, but the ID3 is less efficient than both the Koreans, still a great car though.

https://tbtp-ev.github.io/tbtp-results-range.html

Previous Motability Cars

Intranicity
                      Participant

Just watched again and he clearly says its the most efficient EV he has driven and does not suffer with loss from weather like I said earlier the does not suffer less rang from ā€“ weather is at 10 minutes odd, I could watch the whole thing again to pull them quotes with time stamps.

As I said before, you ARE NOT understanding what he says at 10 mins in, in the cold you get the full capacity of the battery (55.7 kWh available) but he then says (as with every other EV) the consumption goes up.

I 100% guarantee you that you will get far fewer miles on a full capacity battery in winter than you do in summer (And that is what Bjorn also says) He also doesn’t at any time say the ID3 is the most efficient EV he’s ever driven (mainly because it isn’t) If you listen at around 14 mins 30, he even goes on to say the efficiency is “pretty good”, though not as good as some others (Kia Soul, e-Niro and Hyundai Kona all beat it in efficiency both summer and winter in HIS tests!

Have to say though, recharging at 100kWh is really impressive.

Previous Motability Cars

Viewing 9 replies - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.