Members who no longer post

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo

A this time of year a bit of reminiscing doesn’t go amiss and thoughts turn to those members who no longer post. I recently noticed that “bionic rusty” aka Wayne hadn’t posted for a while.

we did have a cameo appearance from Winston that eased my mind but his short return reminded me of Trev who was an administer for a while. Me Trev and Winston joined the forum at similar times and had a lot in common and shared a fair bit of banter.

Which members posts are you missing?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      72 dudes

Fear not Brydo, Bionic Rusty tends to hang out on the XC40 forum and the XC40 Facebook page. You could join us now!

Markymate

Great post, Brydo. Trev, really miss having the banter with him. I often wonder if he is okay.

Brydo

72 Dudes don’t do “book face” but would happily look at the xc40 forum.

Markymate yes Trev is a real miss I still can’t believe he left without a goodbye.

file28
            Participant

I have also seen a few on the Ateca forum and a motability page in the Zuckerberg empire

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
              Peugeot 2008gt
              Selenium grey

fwippers
              Participant

A difficult and challenging year for many, some of whom, myself included have lost family to Covid. I hope to be able to post again on a more regular basis in 2021 which may come as welcome new to some, in not all! I extend seasonal greetings to all.

Brydo

Welcome back fwippers, look forward to hearing your thoughts on the brexit deal, if it ever appears.

Glos Guy
                  Participant

When I joined years ago there were 2 moderators, Just Saying (later JS) and Pops, who were later joined by Trev. All did an excellent job and I remember sponsoring Trev for a run or something. I’d been away from the forum for quite a while until recently, so I’ve lost track as to who the moderators are now. I recognise some of the user names from back then, but many are relatively new and some of the regulars back then are no longer here, but I’m struggling to remember user names. This site continues to provide an invaluable resource and between us all we have a vast experience of cars and the Motability scheme. I find this particularly useful when wanting to establish the practicalities (or otherwise) of cars for those with disabilities, so it remains unique in that respect.

fwippers
                    Participant

It seems we have a deal. Something to read after xmas luncheon perhaps?

JS
                      Participant

i often think of those that shared their insites and experiences with us, here’s hoping ever one is having a great day, its great to see returning customers and new alike and the Forum continues to be full of such lovely people willing to to give and share their experiences. Thank You All,

Merry Xmas

JS

Participant

Please everyone when you pick up your new cars don’t desert us keep us informed of mpg etc I look at this forum as soon as I turn on iPad in a morning

Participant

I told my local Toyota dealer about the forum he had never heard of it

Brydo
                            Participant

Was wondering what’s happened  to Mike 700, miss his input and brilliant poems.

JS is MIA haven’t heard from him in a while maybe I need to start a controversial thread 😜🤪

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
                              Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Fastbike1000
                              Participant

Their was a quite few when I first joined the forum who where very knowledgeable and I enjoyed reading they posts , alas I can’t remember all their names but a couple I can remember. POPs and Joe London.

Tim

I remember Ajn, hopefully he’ll be back soon.

Martinod

I do read some posts but at the moment I’m not in the mood to post or comment the way I use to , maybe one day

Brydo
                                    Participant

Martinod good to hear from you, how have things been?

Martinod

Brydo thanks for asking , some days I’m  fine other days I’m not so good still finding it very hard still getting upset a lot

Participant

Your wife wouldn’t want you to be unhappy it’s very hard I know

Brydo
                                          Participant

Martinod I think that is to be expected, they say time is a great healer but that is little comfort to those suffering life changing loss like you.

Participant

Was wondering what’s happened to Mike 700, miss his input and brilliant poems. JS is MIA haven’t heard from him in a while maybe I need to start a controversial thread 😜🤪

Is what I write Brydo, a poem, or is it a rhyme
                                              You know that I ask myself this question from time to time
                                              ‘Cause usually , I just throw some words up in the air e
                                              Where they land, well, I don’t really care

Why, well sometimes I may have something relevant to say
                                              But Brydo, they are just my own thoughts put in to words at the end of the day
                                              sometimes , my words may just have some meaning
                                              Whereas to others they may seem obscure , even demeaning

So, Brydo, is what I write a poem or is it a rhyme
                                              Perhaps I’ll ask you again, just one more time
                                              But only after you’ve read my stories in verse
                                              Written BTW only to take my mind off this Disability curse

Brydo
                                              Participant

Mike not sure where I would slot them in but who cares they are damn good and I like them a lot.

Good to see you back on the forum how have you been keeping?

ChrisK
                                                Participant

Brilliant Mike.

The Pam Ayres of whichmobilitycar.😀

Participant

Mike not sure where I would slot them in but who cares they are damn good and I like them a lot. Good to see you back on the forum how have you been keeping?

How have I been Brydo, well –

Lockdown , Locked up and Locked in ,it’s been so boring wouldn’t you say
                                                    Like me, you must be fed up with watching paint dry and not going out to play
                                                    It’s been driving me crazy and I feel feel like making ‘a run’
                                                    Clinically Vulnerable oldie I may be but not too old I say to have me some fun

And now that the vaccine has unexpectedly been early to arrive
                                                    It means that us old folk can sneak away & drive
                                                    No, not as fast as our all terrain Mobility scooters will go
                                                    No, not at a heady 8 mph with foot flat on the floor

BUT back in the Tiguan with horses one hundred and fifty
                                                    Down the M4 & back at Mach 0.114 , yup. That’s quite nifty
                                                    We’ve seen some family again after an 18 month break
                                                    But missing our Danish grandkids growing up makes the heart ache

But boredom is as unhealthy as the Virus they say
                                                    And life’s too short anyway not to laugh & not to play
                                                    So’s let’s have us some fun again , it’s about bloody time
                                                    And I’m looking forward to being too shattered to finish this damned rhyme

Hope you and yours are keeping well?

Mike

Participant

Brilliant Mike. The Pam Ayres of whichmobilitycar.😀

Thanks Chris,

Something from Pam Ayres which sums it up so well –

I’m normally a social girl
                                                      I love to meet my mates
                                                      But lately with the virus
                                                      We can’t go out the gates.

You see, we are the ‘oldies’ now
                                                      We need to stay inside
                                                      If they haven’t seen us for a while
                                                      They’ll think we’ve upped and died.

They’ll never know the things we did
                                                      Before we got this old
                                                      There wasn’t any Facebook
                                                      So not everything was told.

We may seem sweet old ladies
                                                      Who would never be uncouth
                                                      But we grew up in the 60s –
                                                      If you only knew the truth!

There was sex and drugs and rock ‘n roll
                                                      The pill and miniskirts
                                                      We smoked, we drank, we partied
                                                      And were quite outrageous flirts.

Then we settled down, got married
                                                      And turned into someone’s mum,
                                                      Somebody’s wife, then nana,
                                                      Who on earth did we become?

We didn’t mind the change of pace
                                                      Because our lives were full
                                                      But to bury us before we’re dead
                                                      Is like a red rag to a bull!

So here you find me stuck inside
                                                      For 4 weeks, maybe more
                                                      I finally found myself again
                                                      Then I had to close the door!

It didnt really bother me
                                                      I’d while away the hour
                                                      I’d bake for all the family
                                                      But I’ve got no flaming flour

Now Netflix is just wonderful
                                                      I like a gutsy thriller
                                                      I’m swooning over Idris
                                                      Or some random sexy killer.

At least I’ve got a stash of booze
                                                      For when I’m being idle
                                                      There’s wine and whiskey, even gin
                                                      If I’m feeling suicidal!

So let’s all drink to lockdown
                                                      To recovery and health
                                                      And hope this awful virus
                                                      Doesn’t decimate our wealth.

We’ll all get through the crisis
                                                      And be back to join our mates
                                                      Just hoping I’m not far too wide
                                                      To fit through the flaming gates

Brydo
                                                      Participant

I’m picturing her as I read it 👍👍👍 takes me back decades.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.