Megane ETech or Volvo Ex30?

• Creator
    Topic
    Ottiebow
    Participant

Obviously a big difference in Advance purchase price at the moment but any thoughts from those who considered both of these.

Are there lots of Megane Etech owners on here?  Bit concerned over the rear view viability when parking

Look forward to hearing from you.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      72 dudes
      Participant

My XC40 went in for it’s final service and MOT (in our hands) on Tuesday. I’ve had 3 Volvos previously, so I’m a bit of a fan

While I was in the showroom I had a good look around and sit in the 3 different EX30s there. Two were Ultras, one was a Plus.

Hugely disappointing interior regarding the scratchy interior plastics, especially on the lower doors and central console. Tiny boot too. The quality was a mile away from our 4 year old XC40 and indeed the V90 courtesy car they lent me.

So, not for me thanks, whereas although I haven’t sat in a Megane eTech, I believe from reviews that the interior is a nice place to be.

I think the Megane has a rear view camera and sensors, so unlikely to be worse for rear view than many other new cars.

vinnym70
        Participant

EX30 feels very much like a ‘marmite’ car – you either love it or hate it.

Regardless, my guess is the wait is going to be significant based on initial demand from customers (it does get good reviews once you get past the love/hate phase) and delays Volvo are currently suffering shipping cars into the UK right now.

mo11
          Participant

I have the megane e tech iconic and feel there are many issues with it.

The range in the winter is terrible. 160-170 miles on average town driving in eco mode. I found driving in sports mode more efficient recently.

Issues with phones connecting to the car on a few occasions and many issues with charging the car on public charge points.

Also, not very good in the snow as I’ve found recently

kezo
            Participant

Also, not very good in the snow as I’ve found recently

Did you select snow mode?

JMC
              Participant

I had the megane techno for 5 months and only returned it a couple of weeks ago due to not getting a home charger installed. But the megane itself was amazing. Yes,  at 0°c the range was only 150 miles and the rear window is an issue unless you remove the centre rear headrest. This solved this for us but you do get a digital mirror on the iconic. It was fast,  comfortable and very nicely put together. Probably the best looking EV hatchback out there as well. Just not very good at battery management and not very economical but a blast to drive! We have the ZR-V now and that suits our needs perfectly 👌

mo11
                Participant

Snow mode??

kezo
                  Participant

Snow mode??

Most reviews Ive seen on EV’s, they feature some type of mode for winter/snow driving, by altering how the power is distributed and alters traction, which works similar to slip start on Tesla’s. VW group have something similar. Summer tyres won’t help either but its worth checking in the manual.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by kezo.
                    Ele
                    Participant

I have the iconic with the digital rear view mirror so no issues seeing out the back even with rear passengers

Range this weather to be expected but pretty good in milder weather

Steering/braking/acceleration is lovely

Car handles the potholes even on 20 inch rims

Car is attractive and turns heads daily

Seats are heated and very comfortable and supportive with electric lumbar adjustments

Hey Google select sport mode/turn on heated seats/steering wheel/aircon temp/navigate to nearest park/send destinations via phone to car/pre schedule or just tap the phone app to defrost and warm the car/car can drive itself for 30 secs/steer you away from collisions/harman kardon sound system/auto handbrake when switching off or when drivers door opens or as bum leaves your seat/ unlike the Volvo there are lots of manual switches at hand/lots of toys/360 rear camera/fast charging/3 drive modes can be mixed into a Perso mode to get your ideal driving set up/free 2 tone paint option/so many safety features.

I have loved every single trouble free drive since picking it up in Sep

I am due a 500 mile round trip in April and will update on here afterwards

Set the car up to suit keep away from anything Eco as like all Eco modes it kills the driving experience

One of the lightest a best set up cars in its class

No brainer imo

JMC
                      Participant

I will certainly have to disagree about the 20in wheels and potholes…. it’s dreadful. The wheels are too big and crash over potholes instead of bouncing over and it doesn’t handle anywhere near as well as the ZR-V….. the ZR-V is a much better ride and the suspension is superior in every way, even through a fast corner.

Ele
                        Participant

Seems your potholes may be bigger than normally encountered or those reviewed on Youtube

Although it is best to slow down once they are spotted

The Megan has been noted to have one of the very best suspension setups in its class and I have to agree with all those experts

Confused as to why you have compared the imo odd looking CVT Hybrid ZR-V with its 18″ Wheels as its not even being considered by Ottibow on this thread.

The ZR-V suspension as reported by matt watson has been set up far to firmly for the car

I saw one of your other post that explains why you couldnt keep hold of

quote: Probably the best looking EV hatchback out there

February 10, 2024 at 9:04 pm in reply to: Megane ETech or Volvo Ex30?#257990REPORT | QUOTE
                          JMCParticipant

I had the megane techno for 5 months and only returned it a couple of weeks ago due to not getting a home charger installed. But the megane itself was amazing. Yes,  at 0°c the range was only 150 miles and the rear window is an issue unless you remove the centre rear headrest. This solved this for us but you do get a digital mirror on the iconic. It was fast,  comfortable and very nicely put together. Probably the best looking EV hatchback out there as well. Just not very good at battery management and not very economical but a blast to drive! We have the ZR-V now and that suits our needs perfectly 👌

Megane ETech or Volvo Ex30?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Ele.
                        Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.