Mazda CX5 2019.

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

I wanted to ask if for the 2019 models will be available to choose the diesel engine or the motability choice will be only for the petrol?

Thank you.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Trev
      Participant

We simply have no idea…… yet…..hopefully we’ll catch wind of what is happening in Q1 in the next few days. Diesels were on the scheme in Q3, but due to demand they were removed in Q4.

The 2019 cx-5 is set for release in Feb, and Mazda have been known to introduce models mid-quarter rather than waiting for a new quarter to begin, so hopefully they will appear in Q1.

Mac.N.I
        Participant

Hi folks, first post but been reading in a while.

I’ve been reading up on the CX 5 for a while and today on checking the main Mazda website for the car it now shows an AP of £799 (it had been £649) . . .

Is this an indicator that the AP will be going up in the new quarter.

Our next car is due in mid Feb and trying to decide whether its better to order before or after Jan 1st.

We have narrowed it down to getting another Qashqai Auto or maybe the CX 5 Auto.

We are in N.I with not that many dealer options for either brand.

Trev
          Participant

Hi Mac,

I’m still getting the £649 https://www.mazda.co.uk/offers/mazda-cx-5/?segment=motability

Are you using a different link, and if so would you mind posting it?

Thanks

Mac.N.I
            Participant

Back to normal now but was getting a page that said Mazda 2019 CX 5 with AP  £799.

Not the 2018 model.

Trev
              Participant

Cheers Mac, looks like you stumbled on the page at the right time. So looks like there will be a rise in the AP for the 2019 model then – the only difference with the existing trims is that android/apple carplay comes as standard in the new model. But there is also a new trim Sport GT, but we don’t know if that will make it on the scheme yet, or indeed if the diesel engines will return.

If anyone is looking to order before Q1 my advice is negotiate with the dealer that if the Q1 AP falls, they agree for you to pay the lower price.

Trev
                Participant

Mac, found this – confirmation you are correct, cheers

Mac.N.I
                  Participant

Yeah Trev, thats what I was seeing, still cant see it this morning.

Trev
                    Participant

I saw it on a dealers website Mac, problem is they haven’t linked the Offers button to the price list yet, but i’ll be keeping a daily eye.

Here’s link so you can too if you like – https://www.lindsaymazda.co.uk/motability/

Mac.N.I
                      Participant

Thanks Trev.

I see you drove a Qashqai and now the CX 5 . My wife is keen to change ours to a new Qashqai because she likes the cameras for reversing  etc. How does the CX-5 compare in your opinion?

Trev
                        Participant

Yes, can’t remember the trim i had, was 7-8 years ago now, didn’t have any reversing cameras, just rear parking sensors. The cx-5 has reversing camera and front sensors.

I had a petrol qashqai and it was the worse ever, didn’t know much about cars at the point, but due to the qashqai experience i made it my business to know more, so not to fall in to the same trap again.

We had it less than a year due to a dla reassessment error meant we lost our entitlement, I can’t honestly recall what it was like to drive, certainly didn’t leave any positive impression with that lack lustre engine and having to sink down to as low as 2nd to get up a hill.

The Cx-5 is a different class, the quality of the materials used in the cabin are far superior, it’s all put together so much better than the Qashqai. The engines are certainly much better i think.

There are reports of the Qashqai’s anti-collision emergency braking activating randomly – i would have a google of that if i were you as seems quite widespread. A lot of manufacturers offer a similar thing, but don’t hear these negative reports. One cx-5 if the sensor is obscured by dirt, ice, or whatever a message appears on the dash to say the system is temporarily disabled – you can either leave it like that till it clears, or what i do is keep a rag in the boot and just use that to give the sensor a wipe – same if the rear camera gets obscured.

All in all, the cx-5 is far superior imho.

Trev
                          Participant

Table shows CX-5 Q4 vs Q1 + AP difference. All risen.

Participant

Ouch! The Sport Nav Auto+ increase is nasty. That’s the one we test drove and loved. We couldn’t decide beteeen that and the Outlander 4 petrol.

Then hoist requirements decided for us and we ordered a Kuga Vignale.

Current car: 2024 Renault Austral Iconic FHD. AP £3,995 +£570 for hoist.

Previous Motability cars:
                              2013 Ford Focus estate petrol auto.
                              2016 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto.
                              2019 Ford Kuga Vignale 1.5 petrol auto AWD.

Participant

So there will be no diesel version?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.