log book

• Creator
    Topic
    matty31127
    Participant

hi should I have the log book for my car? I picked the car up on the 11th oct and never got one dose the dealer keep it or dose motabilty? thanks

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

I think Motability keeps it.

We’ve never had the log book for our Mota cars. I think only the owner gets them.

Current: MY24 Renault Austral Iconic FHD. AP £3,995 +£570 for hoist.

Previous Motability cars:
        2013 Ford Focus estate petrol auto.
        2016 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto.
        2019 Ford Kuga Vignale 1.5 petrol auto AWD.

garry
        Participant

Hi matty

The log book or V5C is held by motability. You will be on the system as the Registered Keeper, So will get parking and speeding tickets etc sent direct to you if you get any.

However if you want to take your car abroad you need to get form VE103 certificate (vehicle on hire form which proves you have the owners permission to take the car abroad) funnily enough you get that from RAC motability assist.

Paul

That also includes Southern Ireland if you live in Northern Ireland as its classed as a different country the gardai can take ure Motability car of you if don’t have this form also the Rac will not cover you if u break down unless you have this form

Trev
            Participant

You can request from motability a copy of the logbook if you wish, this can be sent digitally or by post. I got a digital copy of mine as was required as authentication for the Mazda App. Typically a logbook is required for cherished number plates.

garry
              Participant

Ah thanks @Trev that’s good to know.

ChrisK
                Participant

I can confirm what Trev said and Motability will send a copy to you if you need it.

I had to do it a couple of years ago when they stopped putting a tax disc on windscreens and Bournemouth council wanted to see a copy of the log book as proof the car was in the Disabled class for road tax then Bournemouth just put that on their computer that traffic wardens can check if your entitle to free parking. A little bit tricky in my view as you can’t be sure they’ve done that but councils were left a problem when they done away with tax disc’s.

Motability sent me the log book as a PDF to my e-mail address and assume they still do that.

https://www.motability.co.uk/information-for-customers/cars-and-wheelchair-accessible-vehicles-customer-area/request-copy-of-v5c

Carol Edwardes

Thank you for posting the link. As 1st time Mobility users we were baffled as to how to continue with a disabled box application as there wasn’t a log book in all the paperwork we were given when collecting the car. Your explanation was very helpful and enabled me to apply for a copy of it using your link. Thank you

Sarah

hi, looking at buying a car that used to be a mobility one.

The garage doesn’t have the log book, which seems a bit odd.

pls advise if this is normal. They are say I have to apply to Dulce once bought but not sure I want to take the chance…??

thnx

Participant

Sarah very unusual for an ex Motability car not to have V5 my guess is it was once Motability but not last owner I would avoid

I am the carer / driver for my wife who cannot drive due to disability

Chris

Walk away Sarah.

The Vehicle should have a log book.

Belfast4

Very normal for Leasing company’s not to have a log book, the amount of cars they have a lot of them get lost, binned or posted to the auction or dealer and go missing. It costs £25.00 for a new V5 ask the garage to pay for it. No big deal look at the amount of cars at auction with buyer to apply when the car is being sold.

Participant

When I was an auctioneer for Motability cars were not ready for sale without the V5 so that’s why I say it’s not usual for Motability.

I am the carer / driver for my wife who cannot drive due to disability

Belfast4

As most are still working from home because of Covid it has now become the norm for very few V5s to be available from everyone.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.