Live in Scotland? No mains gas supply?

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

While looking at grants for an air source heat pump I found grants available for a niche situation.

If you have no mains gas supply and earn less than £31,000 a year and own your house you can receive free air source heat pump (including radiators and piping), solar panels and internal wall insulation.

As I say “niche” as there won’t be many who don’t have mains gas but you never know.

I don’t know if it’s available in other parts of the U.K.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jojoe
      Participant

Surely there’s not much mains gas outside of the major conurbations? We smelt gas whilst on holiday in Cornwall and mentioned it to someone, they said it can’t be a gas leak as there’s no mains gas, everyone has oil or gas tanks and that was a reasonably built up area.

Brydo
        Participant

Well maybe more than I thought.

Its over £30,000 worth of goodies.

Jojoe
          Participant

Probably means the vast amount of home owning pensioners can benefit.

Brydo
            Participant

It’s a fantastic deal Jojoe and hopefully some here on the forum can benefit 🤞

blackj
              Participant

Problem with air source pump is if you do not live in a modern house with up-to-date insulation you need radiators the size of a football pitch to get any heat from them.

Brydo
                Participant

@blackj what I did over the winter was turn my radiator temp down at the boiler to 45*C. If you can run your boiler at between 40 and 50*C during the winter your house will be fine, just as it is, for an air source heat pump.

I know you love the SNP government 😂 but if your insulation is not up to scratch they will help with the cost of that too.

blackj
                  Participant

The snp doesn’t help you it’s money they get from uk government to assist people in Scotland with heating.

DumfriesDik
                    Participant

Yup, we have gas, but we have just had cavity wall insulation done and awaiting loft insulation. Awaiting because we have asbestos in the loft and ‘they’ are removing it prior to the insulation being done! Very happy with that being FOC.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Brydo
                      Participant

Great news, I take it your boiler is less than 15 years old or you would have had that replaced as well?

ScotT
                        Spectator

The snp doesn’t help you it’s money they get from uk government to assist people in Scotland with heating.

What nonsense is this?

DumfriesDik
                          Participant

Great news, I take it your boiler is less than 15 years old or you would have had that replaced as well?

They have already replaced my gas system in its entirety around 5 years ago!

They are coming out this morning to survey the asbestos in the loft with a view to remove it before installing loft insulation.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Brydo
                            Participant

DumfriesDik that’s a huge saving as removing asbestos is expensive. Is there any other grants available to you as your as well getting everything done at once.

DumfriesDik
                              Participant

DumfriesDik that’s a huge saving as removing asbestos is expensive. Is there any other grants available to you as your as well getting everything done at once.

I think I have had most things now. I wish solar and batteries would be included!

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.