Legacy Benefits Upcoming Court Case

• This topic has 46 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 2 days ago by Kwikfitman.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #156669 Reply
    Bifter1

Hi Everyone,  Good Morning,

Regarding the legal challenge brought against the D.W.P for people receiving legacy benefits who didn’t receive the extra money .

Does  anyone know how the court case is progressing and when it’s likely to proceed to court yet .

Hopefully it’s soon and the courts see fit to backdate this payment to all of us affected.

Viewing 21 replies - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #161387 Reply
    joss

@Jamie Lee Russell Thanks for the update. Popped that in my diary.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#161400 Reply
    Scott pringle

More chance off us not getting it than getting it but hope I’m wrong

#162270 Reply
    Silvia smith

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Not all people on UC benefited from the £20 uplift. Especially the disabled. A “friend” moved house and had to claim UC because of housing costs. She was in receipt of ESA and SDP. (SDP was protected after transfer).</p>
    The £20 uplift was subsequently “knocked off” the amount of SDP so no Benefit to it whatsoever. So the government saying people should transfer to UC to benefit the uplift is bull. Disabled lose out again.

#164579 Reply
    Scott pringle

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Tight sods it’s been canncelled due to no judges apparently for the hearing it got announced friday just gone so not to sure when the hearing will take place now if at all</p>

#164580 Reply
    struth
    Participant

government pressure no doubt

#164581 Reply
    Scott pringle

Yep probably struth dissapointing the crafty sods

#164608 Reply
    Mr Tea

Hi Scott.

Where did you read the case is cancelled,

I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find any updates other than a few articles earlier this month saying its scheduled for next week , there’s even a piece in today’s Daily Record saying its due to be heard next week .

There’s nothing on Osborne laws website either ( The solicitors) .

#164618 Reply
    Scott pringle

Type in benefit news in google search

#164619 Reply
    Scott pringle

As there s no judges for the hearing apparently

#164642 Reply
    lab
    Participant
    #164784 Reply
    John

How can they have no judges? Hmmmm

#164792 Reply
    Mike Cooper

Should of gone for an injunction- you can get one the same day if you are the government🤭

#165131 Reply
    Mot

Apparently it’s this week according to northants live , google legacy benefits court case date , published seven hours ago

#165136 Reply
    joss

@Mot Do you have a link to this?

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#165138 Reply
    struth
    Participant

yeah i read that this morning on google feed. im betting govt will have installed a ‘favourable’ judge. i could do with cash as i need a new scooter.

#165139 Reply
    struth
    Participant
    #165150 Reply
    Mr Tea

The case is now due to be heard in November according to the Daily Mirror today

“The case was brought forward by two people who claim ESA but two new claimants have since joined, one who gets JSA and another who claims Income Support.

The court hearing was due to take place this week but it has now been postponed, with the case now set to be heard on November 17 and 18 instead”

#165187 Reply
    Scott pringle

Surely it wont get delayed again fingers crossed for the rite outcome but even if there lose there dont have to pay out so what’s the point in the case

#165251 Reply
    Mr Tea

I’m no legal expert Scott but I reckon if they lose and all avenues of appeal by them are either dismissed or discounted then they will be legally obliged to pay out .

My personal opinion here is that there counter arguments are frankly ridiculous and will not hold up in court .

I’m also under the impression that the legal team fighting on behalf of the claimants here are probably working on a no win , no fee basis and as such must be very confident of the decision going our way .

Let’s hope common sense and justice prevail here.

#166222 Reply
    Gary Austin

if the court case keeps being adjourned can it be dismisses in any way

is there any way the government is playing for time long enough for the case to be dropped

#166235 Reply
    Kwikfitman

<p style=”text-align: left;”>No the case won’t be dropped but the courts are run by the Government and the Government could be liable for a lot of money. I think it is related to the withdrawal of the uplift,  so its a damage limitation move by the Government its a shame because if the Government hadn’t wasted all that money on the useless track and trace App they could have had a bigger uplift for longer</p>

Viewing 21 replies - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
Reply To: Legacy Benefits Upcoming Court Case
Your information: