Latest cinema reviews

This topic contains 26 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Brydo 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #93312 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Went to see Terminator dark fate last night very good indeed all action throughout yes Sarah Conner is back and Arnie appears later in the film my rating 9 out of 10

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #93313 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Saw the Joker 2 weeks ago what a powerful film he should win an Oscar it’s the story of the joker from the batman films how he came about ! The ending is amazing we were on the edge of our seats ! A gripping film indeed my rating 9 out of 10

#93320 Reply

Brydo

Cheers Mike, my son watched the joker last week and says it was great but a bit depressing. My daughter and her husband loved it.

For years my son and me have gone to the cinema together, it’s a sort of a ritual lol. Its has been a great way of doing things together. Even now in his late twenties he will say let’s go watch a movie dad, it’s great.

#93322 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Get the cea card Brydo as soon as possible saves a fortune over a year

#93408 Reply

brydo

Mike does Mrs Mike have a go to movie to cheer her up? Mrs brydo loves Something’s Gotta Give, I can’t tell you how often she has watched that film, she loves the house and the beach, the actings  pretty good too lol.

#93576 Reply

callmejohn

I thought the Joker was great, I go nearly every week with one of my two PA’s she loves the action ones where 20-50 get killed or injured, but nobody has to go to casualty, I think if you are going to have violence, then it should be horrific and consequential, I have to say the Joker (although I do not like Batman films), was very good in that respect.

Another cracker is “Official Secrets” (in Cinemas now), about a female civil servant leaking a memo at GCHQ about the Iraq War, based on a real story. A must see film.

One worth looking out for on 8th November, is the New Ken Loach film “Sorry We Missed You” about an out of work guy getting a Job with a delivery firm and the terrible conditions these people have to work with. Anyone who saw the excellent “I Daniel Blake” film (and if you missed it, please get it on DVD), will be looking forward to seeing Director Ken Loach’s new one.

#93636 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Brydo we have not saw that film ? Sue my partner likes any type of film really but we don’t like horror films

#93664 Reply

juliatom543
    Participant

I suggest you see the joker, its a great movie no doubt.

#93867 Reply

brydo

Mike I’m surprised you haven’t seen it, jack Nicholson plays a bit of a ladies man who is attracted to young beautiful woman who meets his match in the form of Dianne Keaton. Plenty of lol scenes.

One of my favourite movies of all time is Some Like It Hot, brilliant film with two of the best looking people who ever walked this earth in Marilyn Munroe and Tony Curtis.

#93869 Reply

brydo

John is that the one with Keira Knightley in? I have heard its pretty good and will be on my list of must see.

I haven’t seen either of the other films you recommended but will have a look on line.

#93872 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Brydo have you saw Kevs comment on main forum went to look at Mercedes ? Says we are lucky to have free car and should pay for parking ? I’ve reported it please can you do too

#94026 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Brydo are you off to see Downton today ?

#94068 Reply

brydo

If Mrs brydos health allows Mike.

#94069 Reply

brydo

Mike has the problem with keV been sorted?

#94106 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Yes he has been blocked Brydo he was a troll

#94110 Reply

brydo

You would think people would have better things to do with their time.

Didn’t get to cinema today, Mrs brydo is under the weather.

#94136 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’m sorry to read that Brydo hope you can go another day have you looked on the CEA card website ?

#94187 Reply

callmejohn

Yes Brydo that’s the “Official Secrets” one with Keira Knightley, it is on for the second week at the Showcase Glasgow (near Coatbridge/Uddingston) until Wednesday, but only at 10.50pm now, or at Cineworld Glasgow at 11.00am or 7.30pm tomorrow. You may find it else-ware, these are the two that found.

By the way the Showcase Glasgow if you have not been recently, is a Deluxe Cinema with leather (or leatherette) reclining luxury seats and room for wheelchairs at the back row, but not ideal for snogging.  It also has loads of disabled parking. Their Paisley Showcase Cinema is almost identical but with a different list of films.

But with your political interest/views, it’s a film you must see and one I assume your good wife could also enjoy.

#94202 Reply

Brydo

John it’s been a while since I’ve been to Glasgow showcase but my daughter was there to see the joker and she said the new seats were great.

#94203 Reply

Brydo

And it’s been a while since I was in the back row, ahh the memories.

#94222 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Official secrets isn’t on my cinema yet

#94478 Reply

callmejohn

Brydo, the Ken Loach film “Sorry We Missed You” is in the Showcase Glasgow (and other Cinemas)  from this Friday, if you are interested, unfortunately I won’t make it to the Cinema this weekend, caught up in political meetings, due to the election.

#94479 Reply

callmejohn

Mike, unfortunately “Official Secrets” didn’t seem to stick around for long, I fear you may have missed it, but well worth seeing it, when it comes out on DVD or is eventually on TV.

#94496 Reply

Brydo

Cheers John and good luck with your meetings.

#94774 Reply

callmejohn

I managed to squeeze in the Ken Loach film “Sorry I Missed You” which I thoroughly enjoyed, not quite as good as “I Daniel Blake”, however worth going to see if you liked “IDB”.

#96291 Reply

callmejohn

I very much liked the local blockbuster, “Brydo” and I am so looking forward to the follow up, “Brydo Returns”, which I hear is now in a forum near you.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Latest cinema reviews

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: