Large (ish) EV

• Creator
    Topic
  • #132590 Reply
    Speedy James

Please is anyone aware of a large (ish) fully electric vehicle ideally with electric seats and a big enough boot for a small electric wheelchair and hoist? I would ideally need it to come on the scheme in the first half of 2021.

I tried the MG ZS. Very good. Boot just slightly too small. Hoping the new Vauxhall Mokka or Volkswagen ID 4 maybe the answer or possibly new Nissan Qashqai EV??

Any thoughts please? I have been waiting for a Ford Kuga Hybrid since August, it now might arrive April 21 so considering canceling until a suitable full EV arrives in 2021.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #132597 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Hi Speedy James!

The DS3 Crossback E-Tense and Peugeot e-2008 are twinned with the Mokka. I believe the Skoda Enyaq will eventually join the scheme and Nissan have confirmed there will be no Qashqai EV… just yet.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#132604 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

MG MG5 – https://mg.co.uk/mg5-ev/

The drivers seat on the Exclusive is electric 6 way adjustable & heated, passenger seat is manual adjusted but heated.

#132606 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Hi Speedy James! The DS3 Crossback E-Tense and Peugeot e-2008 are twinned with the Mokka. I believe the Skoda Enyaq will eventually join the scheme and Nissan have confirmed there will be no Qashqai EV… just yet.

The Peugeot e-2008 has electrically heated manual seats even on the GT. Boot space likely not enough for anything other than a really compact foldable electric wheelchair as it’s significantly smaller than the MG ZS EV

Pug e-2008 with Foldawheel PW-1000XL

PW-1000XL in Pug e-2008

#132607 Reply
    Martinod

I just had a 15 min test drive in a kona electric

#132608 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Hi Speedy James! The DS3 Crossback E-Tense and Peugeot e-2008 are twinned with the Mokka. I believe the Skoda Enyaq will eventually join the scheme and Nissan have confirmed there will be no Qashqai EV… just yet.

The Peugeot e-2008 has electrically heated manual seats even on the GT. Boot space likely not enough for anything other than a really compact foldable electric wheelchair as it’s significantly smaller than the MG ZS EV Pug e-2008 with Foldawheel PW-1000XL PW-1000XL in Pug e-2008

Ah, I see Gothitjulie. Judging by the size of the e-2008, I would have thought that it would accommodate an electric wheelchair and hoist but it seems not.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#132610 Reply
    Southamman

Try the MG5 estate

#132644 Reply
    Speedy James

Thanks I have looked at those other than the MG5. I  believe the Mokka boot is a bit bigger than the citroen and Peugeot but it remains to be seen.

#132661 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

If your waiting for the iD4 to come on the scheme you might be waiting a very long time as the base model is way over the price cap and so is the BHP

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#132738 Reply
    Speedy James

Anyone have any thoughts on the Mokka?

#139916 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

The Peugeot e-2008 has electrically heated manual seats even on the GT. Boot space likely not enough for anything other than a really compact foldable electric wheelchair as it’s significantly smaller than the MG ZS EV Pug e-2008 with Foldawheel PW-1000XL PW-1000XL in Pug e-2008

Ah, I see Gothitjulie. Judging by the size of the e-2008, I would have thought that it would accommodate an electric wheelchair and hoist but it seems not.

I can go further with the measurements here & say that I have managed to squeeze in my 18″ G-Explorer All Terrain manual wheelchair, admittedly by removing the 24″ wheels & the footpegs, but it does just fit in laying flat with the wheels on top, seat back folded. The 20″ seat version wouldn’t fit because the folded seat is the bit that sticks out the most (the X).

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by gothitjulie.
    #139919 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

G-Explorer All Terrain manual wheelchair in e-2008 boot

#139924 Reply
    machoco

I just still cant understand why nothing bigger has arrived yet. Not enough boot space at all imho.

Nothing at all special on either

Would need to fit a buggy  a couple large bags and a manual non folable wheelchair with wheels etc without going shopping etc  and these choices are still awfully small.

Ill stick with regular suvs with actual space and good to drive due to not being way overweight for the size.

#139925 Reply
    Speedy James

Thanks so much for posting these. I am back to looking at the MG ZS EV. Been told the chair and hoist will fit but highly likely only  with the back seats down.

Still hoping something with a bigger boot and EV with an electric seat will appear soon. Citroen E C4 looks nice but smaller boot than the MG.

#139931 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

I spoke with my usual Citroen dealer over a year ago about the lack of an EV & they said wait until last November for the announcements so they knew something about the E-C4. My choice at the time I got the e-2008 was just the e-2008, the MG ZS, or the Zoe, I’d sat in all 3 but only in the e-2008 for long enough (I’d booked a slot at the January demo at the dealers, so all pre-covid, & had sat in the drivers seat of a LHD e-2008 whilst chatting to the Peugeot rep whose car it was & to the dealers staff member), & they offered me a test drive in June.

If I was choosing a car now, a year later, I’d be getting the Hyundai 64kW Kona as it’s £100 cheaper than what I paid for the e-2008, has greater range, is a better car in all except handling, and I’d have the same squeeze into the small boot.

Hopefully some more & larger EVs will arrive soon, but other than the VW group ones there’s not much on the horizon before 2022. We need the one existing EV that we’ve been asking for, the Kia Niro, but not the 39kW version.

#139934 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

I spoke with my usual Citroen dealer over a year ago about the lack of an EV & they said wait until last November for the announcements so they knew something about the E-C4. My choice at the time I got the e-2008 was just the e-2008, the MG ZS, or the Zoe, I’d sat in all 3 but only in the e-2008 for long enough (I’d booked a slot at the January demo at the dealers, so all pre-covid, & had sat in the drivers seat of a LHD e-2008 whilst chatting to the Peugeot rep whose car it was & to the dealers staff member), & they offered me a test drive in June. If I was choosing a car now, a year later, I’d be getting the Hyundai 64kW Kona as it’s £100 cheaper than what I paid for the e-2008, has greater range, is a better car in all except handling, and I’d have the same squeeze into the small boot. Hopefully some more & larger EVs will arrive soon, but other than the VW group ones there’s not much on the horizon before 2022. We need the one existing EV that we’ve been asking for, the Kia Niro, but not the 39kW version.

Agree re the e-Niro, same car basically as the Kona, but with a larger boot, hopefully, it will be on the scheme soon, as the long waiting lists are gone and they are much more available.  I’m waiting for it, have had a test drive and would order the day it’s released onto the scheme (as long as it’s the 64kWh)

I also think we have a chance of seeing the Enyaq on the scheme this year, but I doubt it will be the next quarter, the ID4 likewise and even possibly the Ariya early next year.  Seeing as there are vehicles on the scheme for getting close to 50k already and 225 seems to be at least the new max BHP for EV’s we will soon have some great EV’s on the scheme, as to how many will be added next quarter, the e Niro I hope, the 4+ trim has full electric seats and a slightly bigger boot than the 2008.

For ref, boot sizes are (VW Tiguan is 520ltrs)
    Kona 334ltrs
    Mokka 350ltrs
    2008 434ltrs
    e-Niro 451ltrs
    MG ZS 470ltrs
    VW ID4 543ltrs
    MG5  578ltrs
    Enyaq 585ltrs

MG sounds a great car, but range and reliability have taken it off my list, maybe in 3-5years when they have got their act sorted…

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury

#139935 Reply
    crispy
    Participant

Nissan env200

Vauxhall Vivaro E-life

#139936 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Nissan env200 Vauxhall Vivaro E-life

Problem with both of those for most people is range.  Although it does depend on what range you need, but I think it would be constant range anxiety

eNV200 124miles
    Vivaro e-Life 144 miles

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury

#139941 Reply
    Speedy James

All this information is great and much appreciated. I am thinking I probably need to wait for the Skoda Enyaj and hope electric (hopefully memory) seats can be had for a reasonable AP. You never know a curve ball may appear. I live in hope.

#140165 Reply
    Speedy James

I just spoke to my local Skoda dealer. They anticipate the Enyaj being on the scheme in Q4. They have already sold their first batch of cars.

#140880 Reply
    Speedy James

It looks like the Ionic 5 may be a reasonable size (similar to a Volvo XC60) I think  Perhaps another contender for the list soon?

#140885 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

It looks like the Ionic 5 may be a reasonable size (similar to a Volvo XC60) I think Perhaps another contender for the list soon?

The Ionic 5 is capable of towing 1600kg, enabling us to change from a PHEV to a full EV

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#140943 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

The Ionic 5 is capable of towing 1600kg, enabling us to change from a PHEV to a full EV

There’s a problem though, the EV chargers, how do you charge the car without unhitching the caravan?

There are some chargers that would be OK, perhaps some of the Ionity chargers (Cobham Services would be OK), but most are not here in the UK. Fastned chargers in the Netherlands look OK. Need to keep an eye open for chargers that are tow accessible.

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Large (ish) EV
Your information: