Kitchen floors – vinyl or tiles? Advice please…

• Creator
    Topic
  • #183733 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Has anyone used “Luxury Vinyl Tiles” aka LVTs on their kitchen floor? If so, are they any good? I have cork tiles at present. Chosen for comfort, which is brilliant, but they’ve worn out in just three years.

Proper ceramic tiles will look great but be a bit hard underfoot (kitchen is used intensively by me on my gammy legs). I’m considering the PVT thing but every set of reviews I read trashes them heavily. Each review-set has at least 70% “bad” or one-star entries. Criticisms include warping and peeling up; inability to clean with steamer or proper wet mop;  inability to replace bits if damaged; “lifetime guarantees” which are simply not honoured by the makers.

If you’ve found them to be fit for purpose, then a recommended brand would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, folks.

Viewing 3 replies - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #184624 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Thanks, kezo. They were Karndean vinyl. I know than Amtico are held to be a bit better. Even so, I don’t reckon that vinyl  is right for us. Will consult with proper tiler when I can find one (family member used to work on flooring and she will know someone.

Ans, yup, I know I will have to amend footwear for tiles. Probably mean wearing trainers, which I dislike quite a bit. Anything other than leather gives me trouble and I’ve not found any within my price range. Far too trendy and absurdly over priced. The Beamer of footware!  Heels too  low as well. Hate flat shoes.

#184653 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Tiles every time for me. Like someone said if you wear slippers it doesn’t really matter that they are cold.

#184717 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Slippers would certainly do the job, Elliot. Have to be thick soles though – my problem’s not with the temperature. I just don’t fancy standing/working on a stone-hard surface for two or three hours every day. Totally do me legs in! Trainers and tiles it is, then…

Viewing 3 replies - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
Reply To: Kitchen floors – vinyl or tiles? Advice please…
Your information: